It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian drug strips users' free will

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Colombian drug strips users' free will

www.cnn.com

-- We had heard about a drug in Colombia that essentially eliminates free-will in humans. It is called scopolamine and it seemed to us to be so completely out there--like a plot device in an awful Jack Black movie. In fact, it sounded so horrible and strange that we wanted to go down and try it out. So the producers and I compiled a laundry list of embarrassing chores for me to complete while under the influence and, chuckling hysterically to ourselves, got on a plane and headed for Bogota, Colombia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The video is an interview with a Colombian drug dealer who has used the drug and sells it. He says that the drug will make a person absolutely lose their free will and can be made to do anything suggested. I did not watch the extended version at the vbs.tv.

If this drug is as powerful as claimed, it is gaurenteed to be used by individuals who have less than honest intentions. Manchurian candidate here we come.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Manchurian candidate here we come.

That is one use, but I think the more immediate use would be a replacement for rufies! Think about the effects in a club! A little drug in a round of shots for the ladies, and back to the hotel!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
]reply to post by ninthaxis
If you are talking about scopolamine, it doesn't do any of that. The article you referenced is questionable at best.

here is a link on this drug at drugs.com

facts about scopolamine

M'Kay?

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

While that is the referenced in the article, I am not sure it is the drug being talked about in the video. The one in the video is made by mixing a chemical with a plant that grows wild in colombia.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ah, the borrachero tree.

There's more alkaloids in there than just scopolamine, although it's part of it. I'm not sure how much of the borrachero effect is real and how much is urban legend, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I disagree. Under certain circumstances people under the influence of Datura have things called "true/real hallucinations" meaning they do not know they are hallucinating. Like thinking they are smoking a cigarette but then realise their smoking nothing. Under certain circumstances you can make them do anything just by tricking them.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why didn't they bring some back to the states and let scientists study it?

Seems like it would be something worth studying..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

That drug is FDA approved. It is nothing important. It grows on the sides of some roads in the united states. Look up Datura or Belladonna

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So illicit drug users will have to worry about their suppliers interfering with their free will even more than offering addictive substances. I quote Robocop II's Nuke Lord Kane, "Frank! Benzadrine's got my teeth wiggling. Cut it with scopolamine, 5 mils per!" What a zeitgeist, that Frank Miller.

In all fairness, there exist supplements to counteract memory deficits caused by such agents.

Minaprine improves impairment of working memory induced by scopolamine and cerebral ischemia in rats.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What a let-down of an article.

And the little note about how they were turning to a more "transparent" style of reporting was laughable. There is no difference. They just peddle more junk opinions instead of valid journalism. MSM, you are already dead in the water, and it's just a matter of time. There's no winning back the trust of the people in these life times. That game's up. Deal with it.

The active ingredient in this pill comes from datura, or jimson weed. It can completely incapacitate that user and cause speech impediments and reading problems as well, that last after the drug has worn off. Look up "datura" or "jimson weed" on YouTube, or Erowid.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

You can buy the seeds and potted plants of various types of brugmansia online.

Borrachero grows in Columbia like oak trees here, they're all over.

If you live in Florida, you could probably grow a nice Borrachero in your yard.

Like this.

They do really well in California, too, probably better than north Florida.

Here is a place selling several Brugmansia varietals

I wouldn't want one on my place with kids or animals, but they're just another poisonous decorative plant.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Actually, I saw a video about this a few years ago...

It's a WILD drug, so it seems. Doesn't make you "high" just opens you up to ANYTHING... I mean ANYTHING. You'll sell all your stuff at a pawn shop and give the money to whomever.. and you won't remember anything.

Here is the full, well documented, description.

www.vbs.tv...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this drug hasn't
already been placed into circulation in America.

A perfect way for big brother to quell dissension

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

scopolamine

If you'd like to try it, here's a company that manufactures scopolamine transdermal patches for motion sickness. If you write them asking for samples they may send you some.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
What a let-down of an article.

And the little note about how they were turning to a more "transparent" style of reporting was laughable. There is no difference. They just peddle more junk opinions instead of valid journalism. MSM, you are already dead in the water, and it's just a matter of time. There's no winning back the trust of the people in these life times. That game's up. Deal with it.

The active ingredient in this pill comes from datura, or jimson weed. It can completely incapacitate that user and cause speech impediments and reading problems as well, that last after the drug has worn off. Look up "datura" or "jimson weed" on YouTube, or Erowid.

The old Jimson weed. We used to experiment with that by eating the seeds as teenagers until one of my friends ate three handfuls of the seeds and they found him in the middle of the road talking to an imaginary big green frog with big blue eyes. That was 30 years ago. He went to the nuthouse, and now lives out his days in a resthome. It ruined his life. Not something to mess around with.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I wouldn't be surprised if this drug hasn't
already been placed into circulation in America.

A perfect way for big brother to quell dissension

This stuff been around for more then a decade its not that big a deal theres far more dangerous drugs out there

www.erowid.org...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DopesickRenegade]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Just wait 'till some egghead scientist determines that this stuff fights tooth decay and they start putting it in our water supplies.

TPTB are gonna love this stuff.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've taken it befor, there is no reason to go to Columbia to get ahold of this alkaloid, many of you have plants in your back yard that contain it. It's in datura and belladonna. The effects are similar to that of consuming to many antihistamines, It's not as bad as they are making it sound here. Basically your stuck between being awake and being asleep, and are generally unresponsive, blind to some extent, and your skeletal muscles tighten. You are not completely conscious, and you are not articulate in any way shape or form.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Confusion, agitation, rambling speech, hallucinations, paranoid behaviors, and delusions are among the most common effects.. This video is bullcrap and was a waist of money to who ever funded it.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Aberaham Blitzur]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Is it possible that a different drug/substance is being talked about by the man in the video then? As many of you have said, it is nothing like he is describing, perhaps whoever made the video/article got it wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join