It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought on Atoms and Mirrors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just a random thought that came to me just now. If mirrors are merely reflections, and not some sort of "Multiverse" proof. Then does this mean the objects we see in these Mirrors also have opposed Atoms?
As obviously when you look at yourself in a Mirror your looking at a Mirror image, but without those Atoms being physically "there", there would be no person to percieve and this nothing to reflect back. So I'm guessing theoretically the Atoms also observed in a mirror would be reversed?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Isn't it more about light?

Do mirrors even work in total darkness?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

its just a reflection of itself, perception of your mind seeing what is back at you

not a multiverse of sorts, for example looking into a stream or pond can show reflection as well, does not necessarily mean atoms exist opposite of it

its the nature of reflection, its just a pic of what is showing from other end

reflection: an image; representation; counterpart.

image not object

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I dunno, I was thinking about this today actually. I think any reflection, whether in a mirror, water, pots or pans, may be letting us see into a parallel universe of our opposite.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It would be a complete mind-f**k to think that it was US on the other side of the Mirrors, I prefer to think of Multiverses as more of something like a light-spektrum. We can only see something like 7-ranges of that spektrum, just like we only percieve our dimension within a 3D Environment, but someday we might somehow progress into other "realms" either via modelling our environment into computers or actually exploring these regions somehow through Wormholes.
Just like one would percieve we could collapse the atomic molecules of a Mirror into Electrons and pass through into the reserved spektrum.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
When Mormons get married or "sealed" in one of their temples the bride and groom look into a mirror and there's one on the opposite wall so they're looking at endless reflections of themselves. It's supposed to symbolize eternity.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by walking_virus]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, you never technically "see" any object, you just see the light that it doesn't absorb reflecting off of it. Mirrors are so smooth that they hardly absorb any light at all. They just reflect it. The composition of the mirror doesn't change when you step in front of it, light reflects of you then off the mirror and then finally, into your eye.
The mirrors atoms stay the same.

top topics

join