It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Football thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Man Utd out. A deserved victory for Bayern Munich.

What a goal from Robben. He has improved from his time at Real and even from Chelsea.

Barca-Bayern final?

Good luck to Fulham tommorow away at Wolfsberg. They have had a run and a half. Are we on for a Fulham-Liverpool final?

I support Southampton F.C. by the way so have little sympathy for those 'poor' Utd fans tonight.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"They got him sent off, running up and surrounding the referee. Typical Germans."
- Alex Ferguson

Bitter much?

Come on Fulham!
Come on Liverpool!

Lionel Messi = best in the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Ha ha yea typical Germans, typical ANY football team. I knew he'd regret that stupid, petulant booking in the first half.

I think both Fulham and Liverpool will get through.

Top 10 players in Europe.
10. Torres
9.Ribery
8.Drogba
7.Villa
6.Rooney
5.Snejider
4.Xavi
3.Robben
2.Ronaldo
1.Messi

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
GO the Pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
GO the Pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I dunno about that list, Sneijder....really?

My top 5 would be:

5. Torres
4. Xavi
3. Rooney
2. C.Ronaldo
1. Messi

No Kaka or Fabregas?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

He is Inter's key player. Inter are top of Seria A and in to the Semi-Finals of the Champs League. He is a top top player.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Great performance from Fulham last night. Surely Zamors for the England squad? Although he hasn't scored a great deal in the Prem, the Europa League is closer to International Football in style. and he has been banging them in.

My 5 strikers for the England Squad for the WC. (Although Capello may well take only 4)

1.Rooney
2.Crouch
3.Zamora
4.Defoe
5.Heskey

Walcott as a midfielder.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thank you OP for the thread!

And I should state that I am a man utd supporter. A very disappointed one at that, but still a man utd fan nonetheless. If Fergie doesn't realise by now that Carrick is a complete douchebag then they deserve to win nothing until he leaves the team. Not that I think anyone would buy him. Seriously, Carrick? Does anyone think he can play? Madness!

Xavi is a great player btw, Christiano Ronaldo and Rooney should not be before him in any list of top players. That's utter blasphemy! Sacrilege! Xavi just doesn't get the credit he deserves because of the position he plays.

El Clasico this past weekend Xavi was creating most of the plays for Messi (as he alwasy does) and creating the scoring opportunities and completing passes.

As much of a Red Devil I am, Rooney is not even close to being as great as Messi. He still has a lot to learn.

On the bright side, no Liverpool in the champions league next season

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jane_Doe1

Carrick is good at being non-descript and rarely makes a major mistake(apart from the Bayern game at OT). That is why he still plays a major role.

I am surprised by how much Utd have dipped without Rooney. Obviously he is your best player, i just thought the others were capable of stepping up in his absence.

Big game tonight. No not Chelsea-Bolton! Bristol Rovers-Southampton. If we(Southampton) win we could be within 5 pts of the playoffs with a game in hand. That's in League One for those of you with only knowledge on the prem.

All hail Rickie Lambert.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

new topics

top topics

join