It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Economic Crisis: Riots, Rebellion and Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The Global Economic Crisis: Riots, Rebellion and Revolution

Is Civil Unrest Coming to America?

In February of 2009, Obama’s intelligence chief, Dennis Blair, the Director of National
Intelligence, told the Senate Intelligence Committee that the economic crisis has
become the greatest threat to U.S. national security:

I’d like to begin with the global economic crisis, because it already looms as the most
serious one in decades, if not in centuries ... Economic crises increase the risk of regime-
threatening instability if they are prolonged for a one- or two-year period... And
instability can loosen the fragile hold that many developing countries have on law and
order, which can spill out in dangerous ways into the international community.[21]

www.globalresearch.ca...

Is Civil Unrest coming to America? I also believe it will
no matter how many false flags they use to prevent it.

Your thoughts ????

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Learn from Thailand! not a drop of Blood spilt!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Not a drop?

Why do they say there have been 40 dead and over 400 wounded?

CNN Article from Thailand

No "revolution" is bloodless. Sorry to say. Even "Wounded" is considered loss of blood.. so in effect, even if someone wasn't killed, blood was still spilled.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Your right it wasn't just a drop it was gallons.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
there cant be a revolution with out spilling blood

i think kyrgyzstan got a new government just now... theres been riots and it developed into a revolution

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sorry i take that back! but lately the Red shirts have an non violent approach and it seems to be working!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yep...

Get straight peoples...ya say ya want a revolution...

AP Exclusive: Kyrgyz uprising seizes security HQ
ht tp://hosted2.ap.org/apdefault/a5050f4ad4f44dafab85bb41a15281cf/Article_2010-04-07-AS-Kyrgyzstan-Protest/id-p0fe2c4a74e0e486fad52f8d77d228f05]AP< br />

BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan (AP) — Thousands of protesters furious over corruption and spiraling utility bills seized internal security headquarters, a state TV channel and other levers of power in Kyrgyzstan on Wednesday after government forces fatally shot dozens of demonstrators and wounded hundreds.

A revolution in the Central Asian nation was proclaimed by leaders of the opposition, who have called for the closure of a U.S. air base outside the capital that serves as a key transit point for supplies essential to the war in nearby Afghanistan.

The U.S. State Department said transport operations at the Manas base were "functioning normally."

This mountainous former Soviet republic erupted when protesters called onto the streets by opposition parties for a day of protest began storming government buildings in the capital, Bishkek, and clashed with police. Groups of elite officers opened fire.

The Health Ministry said 40 people had died and more than 400 were wounded. Opposition activist Toktoim Umetalieva said at least 100 people had died after police opened fire with live ammunition.

Crowds of demonstrators took control of the state TV building and looted it, then marched toward the Interior Ministry, according to Associated Press reporters on the scene, before changing direction and attacking a national security building nearby. They were repelled by security forces loyal to President Kurmanbek Bakiyev, whose whereabouts were a mystery.

funky looking link, but, it works...hmmm...

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
just think

Obama can prevent every bit of this Revolt
in America by one stroke of his pen.

Restore us back to common law,
reconstitute the Constitution, Bill of Rights
and the Declaration of Independence,
shut down the Fed and all aligned
banks and it's over and done.

But he won't
so sad

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You can have the greatest laws in the world but if people do not have JOBS and are struggling you'll still have the seeds of disatisfaction,Id say the economy is the priority.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

You can have the greatest laws in the world but if people do not have JOBS and are struggling you'll still have the seeds of disatisfaction,Id say the economy is the priority.

sorry bro, but u have to start with the law
else the jobs are built on the old corrupt system

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
sorry for posting again but I thought
this thread would have generated
more posts than what it has

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Check out 13bankers.com... -- 13 banks control all the assets of the U.S. with the top 3 controlling about half the assets

By 2007, nine financial institutions were bigger relative to the U.S. economy than Citibank had been in 1983.21 At the time of the White House meeting, Bank of America’s assets were 16.4 percent of GDP, followed by JPMorgan Chase at 14.7 percent and Citigroup at 12.9 percent. A vague expectation that the government would bail them out in a crisis has been transformed into a virtual certainty, lowering their funding costs relative to their smaller competitors. The incentive structures created by high leverage (shifting risk from shareholders and employees onto creditors and, ultimately, taxpayers) and huge one-sided bonuses (great in good years and good in bad years) have not changed. The basic, massive subsidy scheme remains unchanged: when times are good, the banks keep the upside as executive and trader compensation; when times are bad and potential crisis looms, the government picks up the bill.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think you're headed in the right direction - here's my tangent approach. The stroke of a pen isn't necessary and nobody can quell the revolt. Neither is conflict mandatory, very likely but not mandatory. I ask you truly what does it really take to return to liberty other than a true acceptance of those principles and a change in our behavior? Evolution rather than revolution approach doesn't yield immediate results.
Maybe in my lifetime. Just my 2c.

gj

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

very well spoken

but words without deeds is moot

and there has to be noticeable change
and there hasn't been noticeable change

let people find out there is no money
in the banks and see how strong your point is.

top topics

join