It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Republican Outs Fox!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Good post OP

I'm not sure where people are getting off attacking the post, but it seems pretty centered in my book. You put his quotes, and your interpretation of them, which seem pretty fair.

Thanks for pointing this guys words out for me. I'm glad he told his people that his opponent was a good person, it seems as if he meant it too.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

They are definitely part of the problem. The increasing inability to have bipartisanship in our capital can be traced to the talking heads. Whom are more than happy to destroy the reputation of politicians who don't take extreme positions that attract the viewers to the networks.

You're putting the cart before the horse.
Fox has more viewers now because people are not happy with their politicians. Not the other way around.
The biggest problem is a lop sided and partison government that won't allow the other side to participate in any the "transparent" discussions.

How can the minority party have so much influence and control over the majority?

The politicians are destroying their own reputations with very little help from Fox.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The IRS is hiring 16,000 new agents to enforce the healthcare taxes.

My azz they aren't going to put you in prison for not buying healthcare.

Exactly! The IRS loves to threaten people with jail time for not paying their "due taxes" which is exactly what this is -- a new enforced tax. Hence, the IRS is in charge of it!

Oh -- and they don't just threaten. You actually do go to jail if you don't pay.

Using logic, I'm sure that you can how this will work:

You owe $500 in fed. tax. You owe $150 (it's actually much higher) fee for not buying health insurance. So...you send a $500 check to the IRS to cover your taxes.

They send you this back: Health insurance fine: Paid in full. Balance on your federal taxes: $150.

Gotta love the IRS!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
For all you stupid thread derailers. I have already posted the EXACT language of the health care bill that CLEARLY states that the mandate is unenforceable. But you wont read it, absorb it, or understand the big words. I suggest you get it from some conservative bloggers or hey I know how about Fox. You listen to them, right?

www.foxnews.com...

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman insisted Monday that the health care reform law doesn't allow his agency to do anything "too punitive" -- like lock people up or seize their property -- for breaking the mandate to buy health insurance.
According to a report in Reuters, Shulman also dismissed GOP claims that the IRS would need to hire 16,500 more agents to enforce the law. "That is a made up number," Shulman said.

And..... Redstate

www.redstate.com...

This is another example of republicans trying to scare you with the threat of 16,000 IRS agents. It worked, and now you are on ATS barfing up their lies, and looking foolish. Your response, "Yea, you just wait till they come and put you in jail." I will, and they won't, because they can't.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's the same people who said they would take away all the guns as soon as Obama got in office. Well, I'm in Texas and I can tell you there are just as many guns as there always were. Those people just move on from one ridiculous unfounded and unsubstantiated neuroses to another. They are impossible to reason with and are motivated by delusional religious episodes.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
For all you stupid thread derailers.

The discussion is healthcare penalties. Everybody stayed on topic, you simply don't like that we don't agree with your translation. Calling us 'stupid' merely adds to our credibility.

Originally posted by Pirhanna
They are impossible to reason with and are motivated by delusional religious episodes.

There is nothing religious about this thread, nor is it mentioned.

These two quotes are a great example of why discussions on ATS are deteriorating.

Don't like someone's opinion -- call them names and claim they have some religious motivations. Poor form.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

No, the discussion was about Tom Coburn's words at a town hall, NOT health care, IRS, or conservatives paranoid delusions. This thread was derailed.

Me calling someone stupid was not meant as an insult, an endearment, or an attack. It was meant to point out YOU"RE STUPID! I swear, it was like I was standing outside talking politics with a professor, when a 1st grader walks up and chimes in about some Spongebob episode.

Take you're asinine, Obama hating, false claims, right wingnut talking points to Drudge, Redstate, or the like. Because I won''t stand for that bullsh*t here. If I read some of your republican regurgitation here, mark my words, you will be challenged.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Oh -- and they don't just threaten. You actually do go to jail if you don't pay.

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman insisted Monday that the health care reform law doesn't allow his agency to do anything "too punitive" -- like lock people up or seize their property -- for breaking the mandate to buy health insurance. www.foxnews.com...

Using logic, I'm sure that you can how this will work: You owe $500 in fed. tax. You owe $150 (it's actually much higher) fee for not buying health insurance. So...you send a $500 check to the IRS to cover your taxes. They send you this back: Health insurance fine: Paid in full. Balance on your federal taxes: $150.

In your first line you insist that you will go to jail, then you proceed to show how the IRS deducts your fine from your tax bill. You trashed your own statement. So which is it? Jail or bill?
Why don't you READ the language of the bill and listen to the IRS commissioner's words? Or do you have some special ability to see into the future of an alternate reality?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Apparently it is unconstitutional to receive federal collection letters that you do not have to pay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join