It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed - The Untold Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
[EXTRACTS]
Read rest here:

rense.com...

Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed - The Untold Story

By Eustace C. Mullins

June 1998

The world was stunned to learn that India has now tested nuclear weapons. For many years, all nations have been concerned about the proliferation of atomic explosives. Even in their distress, no one seems to be interested in the historic or the psychological record of why these weapons were developed, and what special breed of mankind devoted themselves to this diabolical goal.

Despite the lack of public interest, the record is clear, and easily available to anyone who is interested. My interest in this subject, dormant for many years was suddenly rekindled during my annual lecture tour in Japan. My hosts had taken me to the city of Nagasaki for the first time. Without telling me their plans, they entered the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum. I thought it would be an interesting experience, but, to my surprise, when I walked into the exhibition rooms, I was suddenly overcome by sadness. Realizing that I was about to burst into tears, I moved away from my companions, and stood biting my lip. Even so, it seemed impossible to control myself. I was surrounded by the most gruesome objects, the fingers of a human hand fused with glass, a photograph of the shadow of a man on a brick wall; the man had been vaporized in the explosion .

www.rense.com...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
O fer cryin out.....
Show me the cite where Hitler and Imperial Japan forbade developing nuclear weapons on humanitarian grounds.
Another piece of BS nonsense from BS piece of nonsense Jeff Rense.
Honestly, why do you guys insist on listening to hucksters like him?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
double post removed

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

OldDragger,

I am curious. Is it your contention that the article is a complete falsehood because it is being hosted by rense.com?

There are many parts of this article that coincide with my research into the matter. Certainly not all, and I certainly have no answer to the 'humanitarian grounds' comment/assertion. But nevertheless, there is meat in this dish which you are tossing out because you don't like the cook.

I don't know how much is true, false, or conjecture, I wish I did. But to open your response to the poster as you did seems a bit obtuse. Do you have contradictory information you can add, or is your dismissal of the OP the totality of your argument? You seem very certain, and I wouldn't mind hearing a convincing argument other than 'oh, come on!'

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Rense is a joke.
The article itself is filled with selective historical quotes, revisionist interpretations and BLATANT anti-semitism. I didn't even finish reading this piece of tripe.
Would I reject something just because it came from Rense? SURE>
The source matters. It matters a great deal! If the source has zero credibility with me, ( as does Rense) , I wouldn't waste my time with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The source is Eustace C. Mullins. His story is confirmed history, not conjecture. That the op found this story at rense is irrelevant.

What happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki remains one of the vilest acts in human history. The fact that the people who conspired to produce this tragedy are still regarded as heros is something of GREAT concern.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Maxmars

Rense is a joke.
The article itself is filled with selective historical quotes, revisionist interpretations and BLATANT anti-semitism. I didn't even finish reading this piece of tripe.
Would I reject something just because it came from Rense? SURE>
The source matters. It matters a great deal! If the source has zero credibility with me, ( as does Rense) , I wouldn't waste my time with it.

So you are denying that Nagasaki was nuked? Am I right in assuming you think a Nuclear Bomb did not vapourize hundreds of thousands of civilians?

Edit to add: What the hell has anti-semitism got to do with the fact that Nagasaki and Hiroshima got nuked?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok, sorry, I just read the bit about Jewish involvement. I will save my further opinion untill I have read the rest.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's a bio. Decide for yourself. Eustace Mullins.
WIKI link

Some charming quotes from Ol' Eustace

Mullins was accused of antisemitism by the Anti-Defamation League. In 1968, Mullins authored a tract, The Biological Jew (Staunton, Va., Faith and Service Books, Aryan League of America, 1968), which includes the following statement about Nazi antisemitism: "Nazism is simply this — a proposal that the German people rid themselves of the parasitic Jews. The gentile host dared to protest against the continued presence of the parasite, and attempted to throw it off." The book also claims that Jews "drink the blood of innocent gentile children" in religious ceremonies, and that this practice represents the essence of Judaism.[5] He was a guest on The Political Cesspool, a radio show.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i havent finished reading the article but all i can say is WOW

alot of new information which change my way of looking at things, especially history...

it shows how bad the next war wil be...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While dropping this weapon was awful for sure, I agree with OldDragger.

This article was clearly selective writing in a very creative way.

I have been to Hiroshima and have been to the peace museum and it honestly did bring me to tears, especially for all of the children that died.

Another part of the museum held exhibits and pictures of the people in Japan that were preparing for an American invasion, which would have happened and would have resulted in a million or so American casualties. The leadership at the time made many tough decisions on both sides of the war and unfortunately dropping atomic bombs was one of them I certainly do not condone the usage of these weapons, or any weapons for that matter. But in war, aweful things happen, even today as demnstrated by the Apache helicopter attack on the Iraqi journalist.

As Stalin once said "a death is a tragedy. A million deaths are a statistic". My opinion is that all war is a tragedy.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ArcAngel]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
deleted double post.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ArcAngel]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

My lord, please tell me that you plan to discredit the author of this story and Rense's site with more than a wikipedia article. Surely you jest.

However, what I do find interesting is that the more I discover these cover-ups, the more I am reminded of the old saying - "All roads lead back to the House of Rothschild."

In addition, with all of the relevant evidence pointing to Israel being responsible for 9/11, I find this article to be quite enlightening actually.

Sorry, OldDragger, but your going to need to bring alot more to the table if you want to discredit this article.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

i'm about halfway through, have to take a break for dinner.

s&f

this is what i like to see on ats.

not ufo/ghost/obvious propaganda/i'm a dumb alien threads.

thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"The Jews wanted to destroy it precisely because of its great cultural importance to the Japanese people."

..wait, what?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If we would have had to invade Japan, that nation would have been destroyed. Would that have been better?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Screw Eustice Mullins.
I have ZERO TOLERANCE for NAZI's, apologists and sympathysizers.(sic).
His views are poisoned by his hatred towards Jews

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Learn to use wiki.

It states the source: www.nizkor.org.../m/mullins.eustace//mullins.001

And here is the link with the Library of Congress numer for Mullins' book:
openlibrary.org...

Surprisingly enough, I am with OD on this one.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Screw Eustice Mullins.
I have ZERO TOLERANCE for NAZI's, apologists and sympathysizers.(sic).
His views are poisoned by his hatred towards Jews

I can accept that as a valid position. You do not wish to entertain the statements of someone you know to be an anti-Semite Nazi apologist and sympathizer. That's clear ans well stated.

Unfortunately, that was not the gist of your opening post. Hence my 'prodding' (I hope you weren't too offended).

Frankly, I didn't know of this person; the approach he chooses to characterize history must be included as a factor in examining his assertions. However, there are some elements of truth in what he says. It may not be a comfortable concession, and if that makes me a 'wrong-headed' person in your opinion, your entitled to say so.

All I know is that if we listen to only one 'kind' of account, we are very likely to never know the whole truth.

I never begrudge a liar an opportunity to lie.... especially when I know it's a liar talking.

But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed

Because it was a war against an existential threat, and anything can be justified to ensure survival.

Perhaps if the Nazi's hadn't invaded Austria and Czechslovakia 1938 and then Poland in 1939, and if the Japanese hadn't invaded China in 1934 and then bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941, both Hiroshima and Nagasaki would still exist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join