It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with embedding large photos please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've noticed that whenever I upload a large photo to my ATS photo gallery and copy and paste the embed code into the post some of the photo gets cut off. I've seen photos in various posts that have a slider feature such that the reader may scroll to the left and right in order to view the entire photo. How do I embed photos so the slider feature can be used, and not have portions of large photos get cut off. Help!
Thanks!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I always resize large photo's my self, I stick to 550 pixels wide that works... I have never seen that slider thing work, I always thought people were using some sort of web based resizing application that was not compatible with ATS or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The question you're posing has passed through my mind once as well, but I never looked for the answer (lazy banana, I know). After playing with post previews for a bit, it appears that the atsimg tag does not provide a slider, while the img tag will. The img tag expands for trusted hosts (e.g. imageshack, media.abovetopsecret.com), with a nice slider for all to enjoy. For the ATS-style link instead of an embedded image, you can use the im tag (no g).
The atsimg tag seems to be deprecated! At least I can't locate it in the post toolbar anymore.

Here's a related thread: No scrollbar with [atsimg] tag

Judging by the comments in the thread, we've just not been paying attention...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by scraze]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I open the picture in the "Paint" program, resize, and save. Follow the other posters piixel rule-I don't know anything about 'proper size. (till now).

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ok. Thanks. I forgot about resizing. I know how to do that. Pesky slider thing sent me down the rabbit trail...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
The question you're posing has passed through my mind once as well, but I never looked for the answer (lazy banana, I know). After playing with post previews for a bit, it appears that the atsimg tag does not provide a slider, while the img tag will. The img tag expands for trusted hosts (e.g. imageshack, media.abovetopsecret.com), with a nice slider for all to enjoy. For the ATS-style link instead of an embedded image, you can use the im tag (no g).
The atsimg tag seems to be deprecated! At least I can't locate it in the post toolbar anymore.

Here's a related thread: No scrollbar with [atsimg] tag

Judging by the comments in the thread, we've just not been paying attention...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by scraze]

Yea! I just scrolled up and saw your post. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

AhHA!

[edit on 4/7/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

top topics

join