It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin - Bachman 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by expat2368

You're in Moldova, apparently something must be wrong with their water systems that has made you dillusional. Palin can draw a crowd and inspire people *cough* Retards *cough*. Ooops now I will have to appologize because I said retard! That lady is a joke, I don't doubt that she could win if enough retards learn how to read. I agree with Tancredo we need a literacy test before you can vote, this way we will keep Palin out of office.

[edit on 4/7/10 by Misoir]

Great way to be immature. Now can you please make a serious argument against Palin based on fact and not your own petty emotions?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You act as if people who are on welfare during difficult times aren't people. That's the lowest standard of categorization I have ever saw. You and Mussolini would have a good old time, treat everything like Darwinian evolution. The strong survive and the weak die! God bless America!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Its not so much Palin, but conservative women in general. The political left belittles all of them, primarily due to ideological politics and the fact that a small majority of women consistently vote for liberal Democrats. Its a constituency they have to protect in any way possible. Palin? She simply puts a name and a face to their hatred of conservative women and acts as a lightning rod.

Now, they'll all tell you that its just about Palin, but it isn't. They'd do the exact same thing to any other conservative woman on the national stage. Note that they hate Bachman, too, and should she start receiving widespread national attention, they'd make more effort to rip her to pieces as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You could not provide enough facts to argue with a Palin supporter. So it's virtually pointless.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

There's a reason that conservative women politicians and commentators are pretty. You figure it out.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sorry, could you provide my quote on that!? I'm all for some social assistance. I am against people living off of it their entire lives. OH, and by the way, I'm hardly alone in that sentiment! And yes, God Bless America - a place where you can WORK to get ahead - provided some asshat politician isn't STEALING half of your income to give to some lazy POS or funding some BS war!!!

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What are you getting at? Are you implying tha Tea Party attendees are racist because they are white and there were few black and hispanics there? (I'm sure there were some, by the way, Minneapolis is 18% black)

I am so past this race BS, and you need to get over it too. The Tea Party is not about who comes to the speeches, it is about getting us back on the right track again, for everyone. As for Sarah Palin, she needs to be asked to go away, she is hijacking the TP to enable her own zealous ambition. Where is Ron Paul in all of this?

link   
Well...maybe this is a good thing? (puts on flame retardant suit). Let me explain! We have all the people that are unhappy with the current administration and then all the people that are downright scared of a Palin presidency (I fit in both categories O.o) and then we have Ron Paul. I bet Ron Paul will start looking REAL good to Americans, which he already should have but whatever. At least that is my shiny, happy, hope, and dream fantasy lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by SaturnFX

What are you getting at? Are you implying tha Tea Party attendees are racist because they are white and there were few black and hispanics there? (I'm sure there were some, by the way, Minneapolis is 18% black)

I guess those 18% were all at work right?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

You could not provide enough facts to argue with a Palin supporter. So it's virtually pointless.

Translation: You either have nothing or you don't know **** about doing research.

BTW, I'm not a Palin supporter. I've listened to her speak on talk radio and I don't think she's articulate and I don't like her thought processes. I get the feeling she would react first and think later and I don't trust that in a POTUS. Plus there are some questionable incidents from her time as AK governor that were never answered regarding the sale of her home in AK that were never answered - regarding changing a Zoning law just so her house would sell. That really cast her in a bad light to me, striking me as putting her needs above her constituents.

What irked me about your response is someone asked you a serious question and you resorted to petty, immature drivel. Can you not do better? If not, you make the anti-Palin crowd look like the same rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth dogs that liberals describe Beck and Limbaugh supporters.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There's a reason that conservative women politicians and commentators are pretty. You figure it out.

Like I said, any cheap shot at a conservative woman is fair game to the left. Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thats because you have no facts to provide.

I suggest you take a look at:

en.wikipedia.org...

Her accomplishments as governor of Alaska were outstanding in my view.

Unlike the current occupant of the White House who managed to vote "present" so many times in the Senate and could not even speak coherently to a sixth grade class of schoolchildren without a teleprompter.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Nice of you to assume I'm a Democrat.

I don't identify with either party. They're both full of themselves and neither party does anything unless it directly benefits them regardless of what it does to the country as a whole. Now kindly direct your uninformed generalities somewhere else, if you don't mind, and at least have the decency to discover someone's political leanings before assuming that you know what they are.

As for Palin's suitability, the woman has been demonized by the left ever since she was first announced as McCain's running mate. It wouldn't matter if she was the most brilliant woman on the planet, half the country sees her as an idiot and nothing will change that. This fact alone makes her unsuitable since she will not be taken seriously as a candidate for president and would practically hand a second term to Obama on a silver platter.

Moving on, I've heard several of her speeches and the woman is a bit too extreme in her religious leanings for my liking. Some may like the religious slant she brings, but I do not. I don't require a candidate to be an atheist, but Palin is worse than Bush was when it comes to God's will this and God's plan that. Yeah, I get it, she's a believer. Good for her. Extremism is never a good thing regardless of the topic. Even less so when someone believes that a war is God's will and that a pipeline is God's plan. I have trouble supporting someone who thinks that God has his hands in everything and that everything that happens is somehow part of his plan.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I do know facts of why she could not govern but I would prefer to just stick to my personal reasons.

I just don't trust her. She is ideologically the polar opposite of me. She does not seem or sound intelligent enough to govern.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You mean Bachmann-Palin, don't you? How about Paul-Bachmann?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

My main reason for opposing her is that she is the ideological polar opposite of me. That is like me telling you like a Communist, it won't happen. No matter what anyone says or gives facts to show that they did something right you would strongly oppose him/her. I personally don't care what she did as governor, even though she raised the states debt-to-gdp ratio to 70%. She is like GWB in a skirt IMHO.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I fully endorse Palin to be frontrunner for 12. I would contribute to her campaign to be nominated in fact if possible.

Me, too! Where do I send the money? Where can I volunteer? Girl POWER! Yay!

Please, please, please!

Funny thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The most vapid set of candidates, ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

There's something about Ron Paul that I just don't trust. As for Bachmann, too far-right for me to consider on the presidential ticket, although I don't mind having someone like her in Congress. Incidentally, I probably wouldn't even vote for Palin, as I have bigger problems with her lack of experience with regards to the position of president that I didn't necessarily have with her as a VP candidate.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I fully endorse Palin to be frontrunner for 12. I would contribute to her campaign to be nominated in fact if possible.

Me, too! Where do I send the money? Where can I volunteer? Girl POWER! Yay!

Please, please, please!

Funny thread.

I'm voting for her in the primaries...and I think I am serious about this

And this time during the debates...there will be no going soft on Palin...she has been so vile this past year that she will be torn up in a debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join