It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squashing the Digital-Ego

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is the fellow, who's work I used to study regarding self realization.
en.wikipedia.org...

I guess he was accused of plagiarising Gurdjieff, anyway I think the excerpt below, is pertinent to the discussion.

The annihilation of the ego

Global International Webcaster LaRouche's Konstandinos Kalimtgis falsely attributes the authorship of "...The infamous Gnostic brainwashing Manual Keys to Mental Dynamics " to Samael Aun Weor.[84]

With the technique of awakening Kundalini, and here he parts company with Gurdjieff who considers Kundalini as something undesirable and unnecessary for man,[85] he taught the doctrine of the annihilation of the ego.[42][86] He taught that one’s ego is really not one but many, or a multitude of independent, contradictory desires. Likewise, each person's ego is said to actually contain many "I’s," many "egos," many "aggregates" and even demons. Each desire is an "I" and each "I" has its own specific causes and conditions that lead to its personification at a particular time.[87] This is the mechanism behind what is commonly called "changing one’s mind" (metanoia) because when one "I" changes to another a literal exchange of personified psychological aggregates has taken place.[88] This "doctrine of the many", the Plural 'I' or Pluralized Ego, is the same as that taught by G.I. Gurdjieff and his disciple P. D. Ouspensky and is one of the reasons Samael Aun Weor was sometimes accused of plagiarism.[89] To this he responded that Gurdjieff was not the author of this doctrine and that its origin is found in Egypt and Tibet.[90][91][92]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Bump

So true how much better ATS would be if we all took notice of the opening post

Want to link in an thread just started on this topic, for all old and new members alike to consider how they behave in relation to this:

The world is a big place, and frankly, some ATS members need to remember where they came from.,

Kind Regards,

Elf

<< 2  3  4   >>

join