It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Pregnant for 46 Years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Alright I read this and I know the source is not the most reliable but this almost sounds possible. What do you think?

She's been carrying her future baby for 7 months, when the fetus died while still in the womb. With time, the fetus has fossilized after being saturated with calcium produced by female's organism. Most remarkable of all is that this fossilized "cocoon" did not affect the overall mother's condition. The "calcified mummy" will now be exhibited at the capital"s clinic of medical marvels

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've heard of this happening before. Not sure how common it is but definintely possible. Not something I'd personally go out of my way to see on display though.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This article explains it more fully.

www.taiwanheadlines.gov.tw...

It is indeed a rare occurance.

According to a an examination report, the fetus was conceived 49 years ago, making it only the fourth such recorded phenomenon]/quote]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you for the more reliable link! It appears that it is very possible and the fetus was only 5 months along and not 7.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just goes to show..men have a conspiracy: "Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant!"

But for 46 years! Way to go guy!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
uh.......ya.......ok........NOW... I am thouroughly..... CREEPED out!.....

Yikes.

How ucky blucky.

(wonders what kind of jewelry you can make from that kind of 'pearl'?)

EEEEEWWWWWWWW!

I am gunna go puke now.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Now that is a weird coincidence. Kind of reminds me of the woman that found out that she had surgical utensils left in her stohmach during a previous operation. See guiness world records website. There are other occurences to. You wouldn't think that they would post something like a fossilized fetus in the womb, on the guiness world records site, but you would be mildly surprised.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
thats kinda creepy it must feel weird having that dead baby in your belly I hope it dosn't have a long term effect they haven't seen yet. It's amazing the things a human body can do.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I agree that its weird and not something I would like to happen to me.

However, as for long term effects, the lady in question is now 76 years old and aware that she had a "tumour" since 1950. It could hardly have caused her many problems in the last 49 years as she could have had it removed, and I consider any long term effects not yet known about to be fairly irrelevant at her age.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

She's been carrying her future baby for 7 months, when the fetus died while still in the womb. With time, the fetus has fossilized after being saturated with calcium produced by female's organism. Most remarkable of all is that this fossilized "cocoon" did not affect the overall mother's condition. The "calcified mummy" will now be exhibited at the capital"s clinic of medical marvels

There goes my breakfast

Who in their right mind would want to see that?

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Surreal_Rain]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've heard of this happening before, and it once caused me a bit of concern, because when I was pregnant with my last child, I had a miscarriage.
I'd experienced bleeding at my 9th week of pregnancy and I had a scan and all that they could see was an empty embryonic sac.
I was going to have a D&C to clean out my womb, but my bleeding suddenly just stopped.
The doctors found this strange and sent me home for a week telling me to return to have another prenancy test.
The test came back positive and so I had another scan and there was my daughter.
They said that I must have been expecting twins but had lost one of them.
After I had my daughter, I was paranoid that perhaps the other twin was still somewhere in me, and I asked the midwife what would have happened to the empty sac and anything else that may have been left behind. She told me that usually the body would just re-absorb something like that, but I guess that as this story shows , thats not always the case.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Poor woman. Im glad im not! Prgnant for 46 years...wow.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I cannot believe on how that happened. I mean If she knew she was pregnant, then the baby died, why didnt she have something done about it before 46 years? Thats crazy, and I know my baby would not be on "display" at some hospital or whatever!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I saw a documentary about her a few weeks ago. Creepy and sad... I just looked for clips online to post here but couldn't find one to share so I'll just leave this article instead: www.five.tv...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have heard of this happening. I saw a documentary on TV about it about a year or so ago. I dont know if it was about this exact case, but it was a similar situation where the lady walked around with the calcified fetus for decades.

I cant remember what channel it was, It was something like TLC or Discovery channel.

It was interesting to watch yet at the same time I cant help but wonder how she could have been walking around for so long and not catch on what it was.

Bizzare

Dust

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow thats a strange story! Atleast she wasnt in labor for 46 years. are there known causes for this or just a freak occurance?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This was on TLC a month or so ago. This lady in a third world country was pregnant back in the 60s, but she never gave birth. She started labor but when she was at the scary primitive "hospital" she saw a woman die in childbirth and left in fear. Her labor stopped and she thought that the baby would just stay inside her until it was ready. 46 years later she starts having these horrible pains and goes to the (now more up to date) hospital where she finds out the baby is calcified in her abdomen. The baby had actually been an ectopic pregnancy, meaning it latched on outside the womb. Most of the time the baby will grow to the size of a bean and rupture the womans tube in ectopic pregnancy, possibly killing the woman. Usually the doctors have to give chemotherapy to dissolve/abort the pregnancy because it is so life threatening for the mother. But this lady's baby had grown to full term in her abdomen. Ironically, If she had tried to give birth at her term she would have certainly died in the primitive hospital all those years ago.

new topics

top topics

join