It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Over Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Just seeing sick people can trigger a person’s body to produce infection-fighting cells without them realizing it, a Canadian study has found.

“Pictures of diseased-looking people produced a stronger immune response than pictures of people with guns, even though the gun pictures were more stress-inducing” author Dr. Mark Schaller of the University of British Columbia told the Star.

www.healthzone.ca...

Interesting concept indeed. The mind can trigger all sorts of physical reactions, but this is a new one on me.

However:

Another surprising discovery was that people who reported being particularly disgusted at the sight of sickness actually produced less IL-6 – a weaker physical defence – than people whose disgust was not as strong

Apparently disgust isn't appropriate. One must feel empathy, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

The mind is a truly powerful tool.....its awesome !!

I changed my mindset over 6 yrs ago due to the realisation that reality that we perceive is a complete illusion.....nothing is "real", we are'nt real, and therefore sickness cannot be real !!

Since adapting this mindset I have'nt been "sick" once, no colds, nothing !
Been in close proximity as well with many, many "sick" people but naw, not even a sniffle....

Try it, believe it, and your perception of the world around you will change forever !!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by uk today]

new topics

join