It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic/Videos: 2010 Baja Earthquake Lifts Layer of Dust Off a Mountain Range

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
you can call me crazy if you want... but before you do, know this. since the 1960's the US military has been working on, patenting, improving, patenting, improving,etcweather control and earthly devices. DONT SCROLL PAST ME YET!!! it is all documented. check out the patent office for yourselves. why is only that mountain range dusting off but the one directly in front off it has not a tint of dust in the air? it is proven that the us military has underground testing ranges throughout the southwest. could this earthquake be a result of underground testing? well do some research and you will see that the us military patented an "atmosperic weather control device" just about a month before katrina. hate me if you want, just do the research first.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteboynolan

hate me if you want

I personally, do refuse to "hate you", although your view may be askew as far as most are concerned. I say go with it, post your findings and resources. This is what ATS is all about IMO, there are much more elaborate threads on ATS than what you are implying.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Don't have time to read back, but there is a geothermal plant there. I read somewhere that it may have been steam rising from the mountains. If it was dust, why didn't dust rise from the valley floor as well?

just curious

Because the floor is flat. The quake caused the loose dirt/rocks to fall down the steep slopes of the mountains causing the dust.

It wasn't steam.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The first picture is scary as hell, as well as magnificent to behold.

Great photos, S & F

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Earthquakes do strange things.

This rock was split by the landers earthquake years ago.

static.panoramio.com...

And all the big rocks like it had the dirt around them pressed down where they rolled back and forth during the landers earthquake.

I was working on solar one in barstow when the quake happened and after work i went to landers to see the damage.
en.wikipedia.org...

it was one strange way to wake up that morning and there were reports of dust clouds over the mountains around landers shortly after the quake. but few saw them because it was still dark.
www.mnh.si.edu...
www.consrv.ca.gov...
www.mhart-geoservices.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Great pics!! that first one reminds me of a big jaw breaker

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Was the first video that is now gone the same as the one with the ground cracking open under the guys' feet as they ran ?

the one with liquefaction, and tons of ground cracking everywhere?

This one

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join