It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fedupofitall

my mind whent circles for days and came to the conclution that we individuals are all one

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

so all I have to do is think my self to a point where I have graduated from college and won the lottery

so simple!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
What if I imagine a giant machine that destroys all parallel worlds?
If everything we imagine exists somewhere, the universe is going to be a very dark place.

I guess that's where the paradox busting comes in. So you imagine a universe in which there is a machine that destroys all other universes. Fine. But the machine only destroys all other universes within that particular universe you imagined. In other universes, where you didn't imagine that machine, everything is fine.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by hippomchippo
What if I imagine a giant machine that destroys all parallel worlds?
If everything we imagine exists somewhere, the universe is going to be a very dark place.

I guess that's where the paradox busting comes in. So you imagine a universe in which there is a machine that destroys all other universes. Fine. But the machine only destroys all other universes within that particular universe you imagined. In other universes, where you didn't imagine that machine, everything is fine.

This machine I imagined would be interdimensional and would go through universe after universe destroying each one until it reaches us in how ever much time it would take, there are many other things we can think of that are inherently impossible, it just doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Originally posted by constantwonder
This is spectatcular. An example of the failings of ATS members at its best.

A completely layman article on Faux news and suddenly parallel universes are real.

Unfortunately I do not come from a science background and am not at all versed in the theoretical sciences. My background is something much less noble and I never needed to think in higher levels before so I suppose I am in a way, hobbling along as best as I can and trying to understand the terms and theories in this thread and the many others that ATS has to offer.

The best I can offer is that I am big on classical history, various methods of deep meditation and western philosophy but sadly not the theoretical sciences. I never had a need to study them before but I certainly wish I had now as this lack of knowledge in that regard is a bit of a vacuum in threads such as these.

It is simple really, I am here to learn from everyone who has something to say not to butt heads and though I feel slightly belittled by your post even though it was not directly addressed to me I must take some of that energy for myself so that is entirely my fault not yours and I thank you for the heads-up (kick to the backside).

Sometimes I need to remember to just shut up and read... Your candor is appreciated and starred.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
The OP is incorrect. This is not a proven "fact", it is just one interpretation of laboratory tests on quantum mechanics, conducted before WWII. There are many other interpretations based on theories that don't require additional spacial dimensions, or infinite parallel universes.

But it is pretty wild stuff. Those double-slit experiments are out of this world! (excuse the pun)

Thank you for bringing people down to Earth so to speak. I highly doubt we are experiencing infinite universes. I do suspect we are part of infinite cycles as a web of magnetic currents spread out to create vortices. Consider this the fabric.

The double slit experiment is nothing unusual when you consider the fact this "observer" is producing its own magnetic current in opposition to nature. The quantum world like all other scales is simply velocity and an assumed position while everything is spun together like a tornado. In effect this will then circulate as compressed spheres until all energy lets loose. And so it begins again... A constant set of present time.

Try referencing my blogs in your spare time (view all):

The Americanist

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Americanist]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Americanist]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I dont see how this is news, I thought this research was already available and known? But to tell you the truth, what about collective assignment (as in group-incited thought) "controlling" certain paths in each plane of existence> and maybe that could be one of the ways the "controllers" are manipulating this instance of reality for each of us (as a collective), corralled. (what if you take it a step further and the some of* or most of*the "controllers" of each timeline have communcation with one another?).
Just a thought..

[edit on 7-4-2010 by 12.13.2012]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So the cat's a zombie?
(Suck my second line)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
So the cat's a zombie?
(Suck my second line)

well, in some instance, yes. I guess that would be true in some very complicated extreme paradigm, perhaps the cat could (or would) be a zombie. We dont have the tools to research that specifically, but it would at least have to be like that on one of the possible planes of existence.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by willis7737

Essentially, if this finding holds true with further research, it would mean that we have complete control over our lives; truly 'creating our destiny' through our choices from moment to moment.

The real question is, am I the person sitting here reading this article on ATS?

Or am I the person who is out playing soccer?

Or am I the person who is taking a trip to Japan?

The article suggests that you are all of these people, as well as all of the possible people you could be so far based off of the decisions you have made, and could have made thus far in your life, as well as the decisions your other possible versions of yourself have, and could have made in their lives.

Mind-boggling isn't it?

Have a good day ATSers, and remember to be conscious in your decision making today!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's not that confusing.
You could turn it around and say "well actually mate im the guy/girl sat here reading this bull####" lolx

-Nikki

[edit on 7-4-2010 by niikkii]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by niikkii]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
if science scares you.. you should seek asking scary question..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I didnt try to understand since the article didnt explain very well, I am tired too but

this probably means that our universe is a gigantic reality fabric with a huge database to every state possible during every time of its existent of every new timeline possible

so ... we would be able to go back to the past and create another timeline on doing that

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think I just commented that we are part of a "binary Universe" recently. Indulge me for a bit, because I've thought about this stuff for 30 years, and I've been predicting a lot of things accurately -- and I have a different take on "what was actually discovered here." Because I've been talking about properties of "coherent matter" for a few years now.

Freezing matter, and then giving it a "single frequency" is the first step to creating "coherent matter." I didn't figure the "vibration without movement" -- but REALLY, I was figuring you would be "vibrating space-time." If of course, would APPEAR to be motion and non-motion. But things APPEAR to have motion when they aren't really moving -- we only can't tell because everything is NOT in "tune."

I think they are PROVING my point that there is an "aether" a middle dimension between the upper and lower dimensions (call them "branes" as in "membrane").

There is a state I've called "Coherent Matter" and it's pretty much like Coherent Light -- or laser light. Coherent Matter, however, can pass through other substances and can communicate with other parts of itself (state changes) over almost any distance. The REASON it can pass through other substances is that it is a disruption of SPACE-TIME (or the Aether) that causes Objects not to pass through each other in the first place.

Consider this; if you want an idea of the SCALE of an Electron in an atom, look at a pixel on your computer screen. Now imagine that screen is 3 miles wide. At the other end of the screen -- there sits the NUCLEUS of the Atom. Equivalent to the space between our planets -- other than Gravity, a thousand solar systems could pass through each other and make no disturbance and the chances of two planets hitting would still be quite small -- only GRAVITY, would bend their paths to increase the chance of collision.

So -- what I don't think Physics has spent enough time proving is "WHY OBJECTS DON'T JUST PASS THROUGH EACH OTHER?" We have the weak force, the strong force, and all sorts of flavors and particles and what-not to find a way around the idea that SPACE itself is being distorted, and when two "clumps" of space are not "in tune" then they interfere. This would mean -- that it would be possible to create a "force field" in empty space, because it really isn't particles that make something solid -- it's the motion of "gravity" -- which is just the flow of space itself -- think of it like water pressure. All particles "push out" on space itself, and this tends to force them to "clump up." Simple as that. Objects are opaque and solid, because their flow of "space" effects the "resonance of space."

When I move one object closer to you -- what I really did was "move some space to the other side of the object." When you look at it from this perspective -- Einstein's theory of Relativity no longer hurts your brain to REALLY comprehend what it means-- which of course sounds like Mumbo-Jumbo.

Now, here is the fun part about the "subspace/aether/space-time" or as I call it the "middle brane" -- It is getting larger. Or we are getting smaller. This effects what is called the "Hubble Constant" that I predicted would be increasing at an increasing rate over time -- about 20 years ago. Just saying that so maybe someone will think I'm on to something -- or making outrageous claims. I've got some old Amiga floppies with the theories written up somewhere if they can still be read.

So WHAT I THINK, is going on, is that the object is cold enough to "sync up" the molecules. Adding a vibration is getting CLOSE to coherent matter. The "vibration" effect in a sense ONLY EXISTS inside the atoms themselves, and the MOTION exists in the Middle Brane (space). In fact, we can manipulate position by using the Middle Brane to effect gravity, and that can be used to effect the Higher Brane, and reset our position in the Lower Brane.

Teleportation, Psuedo-anti-gravity, transparent Matter, Cold-Fusing of Objects, moving through solid objects, and what is called "vacuum energy" -- but is really borrowing energy from the Middle Brane is all available once you master Tuning Coherent Matter -- which you need to effect Space-Time and it's a closer step to creating Anti-Matter.

Anti-Matter should have ACTUAL anti-gravity properties -- space/time is flowing in the other direction -- though that might make it "appear" to grow larger -- I'm still not sure on that, or it might NOT, since the lower and upper branes are "flipped" -- so that it acts like normal matter in every way except repelling other matter and converting to pure energy if it collides.

>> But I do believe that what is called "dark matter" is really the Gravity Footprint of other Universes. However -- they don't exactly overlap like we think spatially (since our reality is 3 sets o dimensions), because all DISTANCE is a property INSIDE our Universe. The Gravity bleeds through via the "affinity" with the Middle Brane in our Universe -- that's another topic though.

>> The Quantum Multiverse theory however -- I believe is true but not valid -- I mean that, for every POTENTIAL state of a particle, there COULD be another dimension -- but only the one that resolves all states as EQUAL AND OPPOSITE (balanced negative and positive), is the one that EXISTS. So the idea that "it's highly unlikely for our Universe to exist" and the question of "Why does everything APPEAR to follow finite laws of physics" is the same answer; The Universe is infinitely unlikely, and there only exists ONE POSSIBLE Universe for the state of every particle in it -- meaning, all the other "quantum spinoffs" become non-existant.

You could say that nothing moves, except that the version of it over there, exists, and the one that was here, ceased to exist.

Based on this theory, and how I see time as "potential energy of the Middle Brane" -- there is no such thing as TIME TRAVEL -- and the only moment that exists is right now. All possibilities exist infinitely, but all but one possibility is annihilated -- there is NO OTHER STATE.

>> Anyway, I predicted this "motion/non-motion" behavior in cold matter that is "tuned" -- but I predict they will find that "space" is being moved -- it just doesn't enter the mind of most Physicists because they've abandoned the concept of an Aether -- so their Quantum Particles and Forces get really complicated. I only look at one type of particle and the "flow" of Space, and from that I think it's straight-forward to explain every force and how it inter-reacts. So far, I haven't seen contradictions and I can definitely offer a few ways to PROVE/DISPROVE the theories.

But from my point of view -- physics is a LOT simpler than it is from this "many particles that behave as waves and particles at the same time" -- no, everything is "waves" ON the Middle Brane -- or it is folded space (particle) with the Potential Motion creating charge. Electromagnetics is feedback on Gravity, and Magnetism is merely "organized" gravity flows. The illusion of Quantum Packets is due to energy only being transferred at "acoustic peaks" -- meaning, if YOU and what you interface with is waves and vortices -- then everything will behave as a discrete particle with no in between states -- you look at waves in the ocean and they pass through each other all the time -- only when two peaks converge and "slap" into each other, is there a reaction -- THAT's why particles seem so small and only existing at boundaries (electron orbitals).

It only seems complicated, because we insist on looking at everything as discrete and finite. If everything is infinite -- then it's all about RELATIVE INFINITY. We THINK we exist in 4 dimensions -- but we are comprised of the interaction of 3 sets of 4 dimensions. The UPPER and LOWER vibrate or the MIDDLE one does if they BOTH are in tune-- that's the trick to really cool technology, unlimited power and travel.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This proves nothing even if this experiment was somehow done in a true vacum/space it still proves nothing, because we dont even know what space is made of. Thats why they made the LHC, the only thing you can do is observe that you dont know something. the essence of science.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
see this reminds me of the work of Carl Jung, how our body shadow ect. all exist simultaneously. basically even though its not light out you still have a shadow and how our world is the basic world and our otherselves are things like a shadow are existent in it too.

glad to read this see science is going in the right direction

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A great TV show is also based on this principle. The show lost (really long story short) is about there being a parallel universe that the main characters were able to create (kind of..ish) and sometimes in the one universe something might happen where it also happened to the person in the other universe, so they get a quick "flash" of the event of how it happened in the opposite universe.

What I like about this is this is my personal beliefs. Kind of like the belief of reincarnation, but instead of the soul going to another body once you die, it's your consciousness just going to another universe where you are still "you." Just a lot of things are backwards.

However, there are sometimes "glitches" in the show, which I also believe, where something dramatic might of happened in the one universe, and you do close to the same thing and it triggers that memory for a second, even though it didn't happen in the universe your in.

For me it explains a lot my life's greatest mysteries. A quick example: I was on a cruise about a year ago, and we hit a bad storm. The ship was rocking a lot (it took a lot to make it move, this ship was MASSIVE) and when I went outside on the deck to check it out I saw the wave crash into the side of the boat, and for a split second there I saw a wave just like that crashing down ontop of me, as if it was a very vibrant memory, yet it never happened, I never really went anywhere with pretty big waves. And this was so real, and such a powerful memory...of something that never even happened!

So the whole parallel universe thing explains a lot to me, in a life in another universe, I must of had some kind of serious incident with a wave. Maybe even a death in that universe? Who knows, but this is one of the reasons why I love Quantum Physics, it really shows how much is out there, and the potential we can reach. After all; "This is just ride."

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Since I'm not the organized sort of person who "gets things done" and I've got nothing but a strange ability to "know what is true" -- I've decided that I probably won't patent the hundreds of creations I've figured out. I will try and reserve the odd "simple" invention, because those are easier for me to build.

So, ask me anything you've ever wanted to now about this Universe, and I'll try and give a coherent answer. If you can stump me, then it means my "physics model" is incomplete and at least it will give me something to ponder. So much that "gets discovered" seems like watching an old film that I've seen before, and I've been waiting for the Flying Car and warp gates that happens after the dramatic fights and love story and then the happy ending and credits roll.

-- I can throw models into my head, and they "interact" and all states overlap -- but I can "see" the correct one. The correct "truth" is in tune with the other overlapping "potential truths" -- but I can't just find the truth, I've got to bounce around and model all these "guesses."

>> I'll state categorically however; Time Travel is NOT possible -- however, there is LIKELY a distance in space you can go to, that will have an analog of you, wondering if Time Travel is possible. When things are infinite and generally follow a "fractal pattern" then repetition happens. I do NOT, think there are multiverses in the sense that "the you that took another choice, exists" -- nope. There is ONLY ONE SOLUTION and this is it.

Existence and the meaning of life? That's simple: Life is more interesting than perfection. If humans don't blow themselves up, they will become masters of matter, time and space, and create virtual worlds to play in. They will either be swallowed up by this cyber world, or they will limit their passions and use Reality as their canvass -- ultimately, the CHOICE, ends up with the same result - MORE REALISM in the inner world, reflects more MASTERY of the outer world. Just like creating a physics model to predict weather, helps us control weather -- controlling weather, helps us make better models.

So, if you see the ends of ultimate progress -- you can see that eventually, God-like powers, kind of mean God-Like for all intents and purposes.

If there is a soul -- then it is the watcher and you are the puppet. Your soul would be too massive for a mere spark of life that you live -- or for one person. The "evolved Gods" obviously, would visit reality through things that are alive -- in all their abundance. The lower-level Gods in training, would be tweaking life, planets and such like we might a garden.

They probably envy us in some ways.

Not that I KNOW of this -- but it seems such an obvious end to evolution, and since the Universe is infinite and has always been so -- then any POTENTIAL for life to evolve to god-hood has probably been realized. But that also probably means, that no super being is going to rescue you from your own stupidity, or the evil of other's -- it's all part of the "meaning of life" -- which is just to experience the state of living and evolving.

Now that the easy and BIG questions are out of the way -- hit me with some small stuff!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy
reply to post by willis7737

so all I have to do is think my self to a point where I have graduated from college and won the lottery

so simple!

Haha, if only it worked like that.

If you did indeed think that, then it still won't happen here, but in another universe somewhere. Somewhere out there, you HAVE won the lottery and graduated from collage. I'm sure that you in that universe is very greatful

HOWEVER, in another universe, you are also very poor, and didn't graduate high school, there is an opposite to everything. No matter how good or bad it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
Since I'm not the organized sort of person who "gets things done" and I've got nothing but a strange ability to "know what is true" -- I've decided that I probably won't patent the hundreds of creations I've figured out. I will try and reserve the odd "simple" invention, because those are easier for me to build.

So, ask me anything you've ever wanted to now about this Universe, and I'll try and give a coherent answer. If you can stump me, then it means my "physics model" is incomplete and at least it will give me something to ponder. So much that "gets discovered" seems like watching an old film that I've seen before, and I've been waiting for the Flying Car and warp gates that happens after the dramatic fights and love story and then the happy ending and credits roll.

-- I can throw models into my head, and they "interact" and all states overlap -- but I can "see" the correct one. The correct "truth" is in tune with the other overlapping "potential truths" -- but I can't just find the truth, I've got to bounce around and model all these "guesses."

>> I'll state categorically however; Time Travel is NOT possible -- however, there is LIKELY a distance in space you can go to, that will have an analog of you, wondering if Time Travel is possible. When things are infinite and generally follow a "fractal pattern" then repetition happens. I do NOT, think there are multiverses in the sense that "the you that took another choice, exists" -- nope. There is ONLY ONE SOLUTION and this is it.

Existence and the meaning of life? That's simple: Life is more interesting than perfection. If humans don't blow themselves up, they will become masters of matter, time and space, and create virtual worlds to play in. They will either be swallowed up by this cyber world, or they will limit their passions and use Reality as their canvass -- ultimately, the CHOICE, ends up with the same result - MORE REALISM in the inner world, reflects more MASTERY of the outer world. Just like creating a physics model to predict weather, helps us control weather -- controlling weather, helps us make better models.

So, if you see the ends of ultimate progress -- you can see that eventually, God-like powers, kind of mean God-Like for all intents and purposes.

If there is a soul -- then it is the watcher and you are the puppet. Your soul would be too massive for a mere spark of life that you live -- or for one person. The "evolved Gods" obviously, would visit reality through things that are alive -- in all their abundance. The lower-level Gods in training, would be tweaking life, planets and such like we might a garden.

They probably envy us in some ways.

Not that I KNOW of this -- but it seems such an obvious end to evolution, and since the Universe is infinite and has always been so -- then any POTENTIAL for life to evolve to god-hood has probably been realized. But that also probably means, that no super being is going to rescue you from your own stupidity, or the evil of other's -- it's all part of the "meaning of life" -- which is just to experience the state of living and evolving.

Now that the easy and BIG questions are out of the way -- hit me with some small stuff!

About the whole time travel thing not being possible, it is a proven fact that it is possible, however, we just will never have the technology to do it. In order to "travel time" you would have to be able to generate a black hole from nothing, and use it to "bend time" back.

Try this to show my point. Get a piece of paper, draw 2 dots on that paper, and fold the paper so that the 2 dots are touching. That my friend, is what would be considered time traveling. where the one point is one spot in time, and the other point is another spot in time. However in order to fold the paper to those 2 dots, you would need a MASSIVE source of energy, energy strong enough that can only be generated from a black hole. Which, if we ever do have the technology to create one, we sure as hell won't be able to control it, and manipulate it.

So is Time Travel possible? Yes, is it ever going to be achieved by us human beings? Chances are imo, no.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well I am happy being in this universe.

I wouldn't want to be in the one where I always forget to flush the john.

Might just walk outside and appreciate walking among the roses

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join