It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Then God said, 'Let US make man in OUR image, and in OUR likeness'"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Katie
The tower of Babel, when man started to speak different languages, again speaking to those in Heaven.

Why did he tell those in Heaven to come down with him to do this? He can't do it by himself? And why did he have to come down?

Of course he could do things by himself. Its something for you to learn about sharing and helping others. Because this is his world he created it he can come down when ever he wants to.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
my friend Neo is a Gentleman at all times. (Arn't you my Friend!)?

Hehe, weeell. I tend to be rather worked up at times, catching the spirit of these threads, getting quite exaggerated and in times of over-excitement I tend to say or write things I later regret. Especially if I've been drinking too much on my own and have ended up here at ATS when I should rather have been going to bed. I try to respect people's beliefs and knowledge, but sometimes, due to excitement, I can get quite nasty and direct, which I apologise. But my intention is not to spread lies and hatred, and make a stirr, but rather to serve my opinions as conscientious, well founded expressions of faith and knowledge (and with a main focus on the latter), though often in contrast to Church dogma, which I often find hard to take and in direct contrast to the teachings of the Lord of the Gospel. In regard to the Torah I relate to what the law says, pragmatically and without compromise, not nessasarily what I find to be ethically or morally correct.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by PhyberDragon

Because he was talking to his Angels who helped him

And it does say they all rejoiced at the work God had done.

The problem with this is that angels do not create. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that angels created anything at all.

Isaiah 44:24
"Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, 'I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself, And spreading out the earth all alone.'"

So clearly God made all things alone. Therefore, the "us" in "Let Us make man in our image" cannot be the angels. People are not created in the image of angels, but of God.

True angels do not look like man. There were others in heaven such as myself, we are not angels they are never given life. No I cannot lie to you but I also don't have to tell you anything at all. We watched your earth being created very few of us will come down from heaven. Your world was only given the Lord Jesus Christ name and his time frame, I was born in your world just like all of you, but I am not like you. We never left any of you alone.
We are US. Where was Jesus before he came to this earth?? He saw Lucifer fall out of the sky after the great war in heaven took place. The Lord was in heaven and was born into this world.

You would know about US if you knew your scriptures. If you think its odd that you should meet one of US here on a discussion board well the US would like you to make it to heaven someday, but few are chosen. Because your not following the Lords teachings, to many follow mans teachings, the churches etc... Then the truth is not in you.

Nobody goes to the father but through the Lord. If you didn't follow or believe in him, forget it you will not enter Heaven.

Search the scriptures you think you know me but you don't... said by the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

We watched your earth being created very few of us will come down from heaven.

Awesome! We got someone on these boards from heaven! I have a few questions for you.

Where is heaven located? You say that you came down from there, so I assume it is up in the sky somewhere, but where exactly? Is it over a certain part of the earth and if so, does it stay over that certain part of the earth as the earth rotates?

Also, is it in our dimension or another dimension? If it is in our dimension, does that mean we can fly up there to it in the space shuttle or an airplane? If it's in another dimension, what means do you use to get into our dimension from yours?

Since you know god because you're from heaven and all, how does god expect us to believe in him when we've never seen him, heard him, touched him, etc.? Also, he knows that we are in these fleshly corruptible bodies which are so imperfect, how does he expect us to believe in him while we're in these bodies? I mean, there were those who followed him who actually saw him and spoke with him yet they still rebelled against him. How are we supposed to do better than that without ever seeing him, talking with him, etc.?

Being that you saw the earth being created, approximately how many earth years ago was that? When did dinosaurs exist and how were they wiped out?

Thanks for your time.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
John 1:1 says Jesus (the Word) was present at the creation. God the Father was present and in Genesis 1:2 the Spirit of God was hovering over the water, so why wouldn't He say "us"?

The word Trinity is a NT concept, however, the idea of the Trinity is found all over the OT.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinisterFortson
John 1:1 says Jesus (the Word) was present at the creation. God the Father was present and in Genesis 1:2 the Spirit of God was hovering over the water, so why wouldn't He say "us"?

The word Trinity is a NT concept, however, the idea of the Trinity is found all over the OT.

Since Genesis was written for the Hebrew people, who didn't know about a Trinity, what did they think it meant?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
John 6:38-40

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus was one that was US spoken in scripture. Another you know was Lucifer, he was but is no more. Lucifer was not an angel. Search your scriptures. He could fool people and magnify himself as one. He got angels to believe him and follow him. God never gave Lucifer any powers in Heaven, Lucifer the idiot that he was stole the powers that he got he was a thief from the very beginning.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm going to put this post from the Ten Horns thread here too, because it's so relevant.

I think if you really press this question about in-betweens, with no middle ground existing, you will find the answers why Christians are very one-sided and drawn to their faith. It is a narrow path.

The reason is demons, the powers and principalities of darkness, led by the spirit of the anti-christ. Satan, or Sheol, may just be a place or a location, but the name in inter-changeable for the spirit leader, fallen angel who is prince of the power of the air. (An aside, that doesn't directly point to chemtrails, but it does further the possibility).

Consider the demon-related threads, and talk of possession that you can recall. It is a serious subject, and undermines all talks of "dogma" and religious differences. The souls of the damned, and proof of some peoples immortality for those who recognize those chained to the power of dark ideologies.

Suppose someone says:

I'm considering trying to summon a demon, and I want to know what you think about how to go about this. Should I use a pentagram on the floor, and what protection should I have to make sure I don't get possessed?

Do you switch personalities now to consider what they are saying, do you recall anything related to Christianity, or God, or do you have another direction in your thoughts? Any cold chills in the air as you contemplate the topic?

We turn to God because He knows our plight, loves us very much, and will help us against the spirits of evil. We are not "gods" ourselves, only humans, and we respect our position as such. We love Jesus for many reasons, but it's not simply for selfish protection. The Holy Spirit of God was His gift to us, and it's up to us to discover what plan will guide our lives.

Too much negative focas on dark spirits and evil inevitably leads to a slavery to demons. We can't fight them alone; they are too strong, too devious, too insiduous, too experienced, and have had centuries to perfect their methods. They are also collectively united in the spirit of the anti-christ, and will work tirelessly, as ants in a nest, to draw people away from
God. We have protection, and can fight these spirits, but not through our own strength. There is a "grey area" for Christians who are in apostosy, lost in worldly ways, who have "fallen asleep" in spirit. Yet for those who seek the devils methods to fight the devil and his demons, what hope do they have of a successful outcome. It's an exercise in spiritual self-delusion. There really is no middle ground.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

We watched your earth being created very few of us will come down from heaven.

Awesome! We got someone on these boards from heaven! I have a few questions for you.

Where is heaven located? You say that you came down from there, so I assume it is up in the sky somewhere, but where exactly? Is it over a certain part of the earth and if so, does it stay over that certain part of the earth as the earth rotates?

Also, is it in our dimension or another dimension? If it is in our dimension, does that mean we can fly up there to it in the space shuttle or an airplane? If it's in another dimension, what means do you use to get into our dimension from yours?

Since you know god because you're from heaven and all, how does god expect us to believe in him when we've never seen him, heard him, touched him, etc.? Also, he knows that we are in these fleshly corruptible bodies which are so imperfect, how does he expect us to believe in him while we're in these bodies? I mean, there were those who followed him who actually saw him and spoke with him yet they still rebelled against him. How are we supposed to do better than that without ever seeing him, talking with him, etc.?

Being that you saw the earth being created, approximately how many earth years ago was that? When did dinosaurs exist and how were they wiped out?

Thanks for your time.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Hydroman]

Heaven is considered anywhere outside of Earths atmosphere, its far and wide out of this galaxy into another and another, etc... Heaven is for those that have passed over or died the ones that believe. Death is not a dimension. God gave me the means to be here I was born here, and will die here and then return. We don't have a revolving door policy.

You believe in God like all others that live here by faith, so it is fair to all. You have salvation something they didn't have. Don't worry about once was, take the steps in this world as you are being judged in this world, so when you pass on you can enter heaven. You won't be judged at your passing its either Heaven or Lake of Fire.

On earth, early man and the dinosaurs walked this earth together. You should know that by now. Man killed off the dinosaurs along with the weather conditions. This earth was created billions of years ago. It seems just like yesterday to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Heaven is considered anywhere outside of Earths atmosphere, its far and wide out of this galaxy into another and another, etc... Heaven is for those that have passed over or died the ones that believe. Death is not a dimension. God gave me the means to be here I was born here, and will die here and then return. We don't have a revolving door policy.

What exactly are you, and what exactly is your god?

You believe in God like all others that live here by faith, so it is fair to all. You have salvation something they didn't have. Don't worry about once was, take the steps in this world as you are being judged in this world, so when you pass on you can enter heaven. You won't be judged at your passing its either Heaven or Lake of Fire.

Lake of fire? Is that a just punishment for a finite lifetime? Is it a just punishment for those who can't muster the faith to believe in the biblical nonsense?

On earth, early man and the dinosaurs walked this earth together. You should know that by now. Man killed off the dinosaurs along with the weather conditions. This earth was created billions of years ago. It seems just like yesterday to me.

You have proof that man walked with dinosaurs millions of years ago? If so, have you thought about presenting this evidence to scientists and archeologists? How would I know this info by now? Why did man kill off dinosaurs but let all other animals live? Did they have something against the dinosaurs?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Since Genesis was written for the Hebrew people, who didn't know about a Trinity, what did they think it meant?

Read Psalm 2. David clearly knew about the Trinity. David spoke of God and the Holy Spirit all throughout the Psalms. In Psalm 2, David mentions the Son of God. David knew of all three. And if you read it carefully you can see that it is a three part conversation between the Father and Son and a third person narrator which seems to be the Holy Spirit. Read it for yourself and don't take my word for it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Read Psalm 2. David clearly knew about the Trinity. David spoke of God and the Holy Spirit all throughout the Psalms. In Psalm 2, David mentions the Son of God. David knew of all three. And if you read it carefully you can see that it is a three part conversation between the Father and Son and a third person narrator which seems to be the Holy Spirit. Read it for yourself and don't take my word for it.

Hmmm, David said that the lord said to him that HE is the son. How can you tell this isn't talking about David? That's what it looks like to me.

Like I said, what did the Hebrews believe since this was written for them to read? What do their descendants believe now?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Logos translates lit. "Word", but it really means "Teaching", as seen in words like Theo-logy, Astro-logy, Filo-logy and similar. It means "Teaching". John 1:1ff should be understood as: In the beginning there existed the divine teachings (divine prophecy or -promise) of a future Messiah, and once it was with God, until man inherited it and concidered it a god. Then these teachings (of Jesjuah ha Mesjiach) became reality -- the person of whom these teachings spoke (Jesjuah ha Mesjiach) was born, ie. the Logos (Teaching) was true.

[edit on 16/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Really cool, I recently read up about an interesting theory that we were put on the planet as slaves to mine this very rare element. In fact it might be a very rare elemet in the universe and perhaps extremely precious www.onlygold.com...

The theory comes from a book that many are quite sceptical about called "Slave species of God"
www.slavespecies.com...

In the book he also mentions that we were given rules and if we disobeyed we would be punished (just as slaves do).

Perhaps the "US" is referring to these "beings" that supposedly placed us here as slaves.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I am totally pissed off and fed up with our creators.

They said "Let's mess with their minds" and did so.

Can anyone explain the purpose of the Tower of Babel (otherwise known as Babble)?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I scanned through the thread and could find no mention of Ken Klein's theory as it relates to this issue. I will summarize his theory for the purposes of this discussion. I find it to be an interesting variation, yet lacking in terms of justification.

Ken Klein's theory is that "Elohim" in the Bible is actually a reference to Angels. In his theory, the Angels participate in creation and act according to the will of "The Lord of Hosts". So in essence, he believes that Angels created man by God's authority, and modeled mankind after their image.

His theory trails into what humanity actually is and why we are here on earth, though I imagine that would start to stray from the original topic of this thread.

I neither believe nor disbelieve Ken Klein's theory. I merely thought it was an interesting perspective and worth adding to this thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Azazel226

It is my sincere belief that God didn't do much other than ordering the Creation. He has servants for that. People who believe there is a master allround scientist in the sky needs to rethink their arguments in my opinion. I understand God as a powerful artist, and he has probably sculpted and drafted many species and places, but it is obvious to me that there were others doing the actual "from sketch to completion" production. Just like a king would order his government to make them sort out something, they gather the best within their fields and put them to work. The King would simply sign his order and put his signet in the wax. Scientists would create whatever this king ordered. As in Heaven, so on Earth.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silverstreak

I beg to differ .

The concept of a 'trinity' , is not originaly a 'christian' concept .

It pre-dates christianity and the new testament .

It can be found in several cultures that pre-date christianity .

here , is but one of them :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Infact, the oldest living religion, Hinduism introduced the Trinity, the Catholic Church borrowed it together with the Rosary and many other things we believe is Catholic. In Hinduism, Brama is the Creator, Vishnu (Krsna being one of his forms) is the Sustainer and Shiva is the Destroyer aka. "the God of Death". This system reach back to the Vedas resting on teachings from the Indus civilisation and beyond. Predating Christianity with several millennia, if not hundreds of millennia.

The Vedic tradition discribes highly developed civilisations and maybe hundreds of thousands of years before our own, discribing what can only be nuclear explosions and certain "Vimanas" in the "Ramayana" -- several stories flying machines moving so fast and far they leave sight within short time after taking off, roaring away with a loud noise.

[edit on 16/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi Neo--

The concept of the TRINITY in early (but not 'earliest') Christianity also is quite Egyptian in concept and far more 'close to home' for the 2nd & 3rd century Christian churches who were developing the idea of the Father -Son - Holy Spirit, mainly out of Alexandria (Egypt).

The pre-Christian ('pagan') Alexandrian / Egyptian iconography showing Isis (Aset) with Horus on her lap (Heru) as the divine mother son, with Osiris (Wusir) on a throne etc. next to them was very common from before 2,000 BCE - so it was an ingrained notion among the middle eastern mind set (father-male -& mother-female polarity with the son as junction of the two, i.e. the combined result as the fruit of the womb etc.)

Moreover the concept of 3s and 3x3 (or 3+3+3) is sacred geometry in Egypt (think of the Ennead or 'set of nine gods/goddesses') in their various shrines up and down the Nile.

Long story short, there is no need to go all the way to India in other words to find the idea of a Trinity (the Hindu Creator (Brahma), Sustainer (Vishnu) & Destroyer (Shiva) idea shares more in common with the 3 Moirai (Greek) Parcae (Latin) or 3 Fates found in Indo-European mythology especi Greeks, Romans and Norse - as Clotho the Spinner, Lachesis the Measurer and Atropos the Firm One (i.e. the Cutter) of the Thread of Life, ie. fates) rather than the Father -Son-HolySpirit that the Chrsitians later adopeted

(we also see the Holy Spirit referred to as the 'mother' or in the female grammatical formsin the Alexandrian Christian gnostic texts -- and we even read in the Gospel of the Hebrews quoted by Origen and others (dated c. 180 CE)

'And Iesous said, just now the Holy Spirit my MOTHER took me by one of my hairs and led me to the great Mount Tabor !')

Presumably the perfection of the concept of the THREE (i.e. positive - negative - neutral) is found in many ancient cultures - we even see the 7-planets (planetoi - 'wanderers' across the 'fixed stars) as a derivation of this idea (3 positive, 3 negative and 1 neutral) - and as we all know, the numerological overtones to philosophical systems are even older than Pythagoras (who spent 20 years in Egypt studying sacred numbers !)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join