It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Of Science Is A Lie

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

"That way of thinking" demands a tie back to reality.

Believing that waves can travel through nothing is akin to believing in dragons and fairy dust.

If light can be explained in a manner that encompasses a medium of its travel, then this is more correct on its face than a theory that proposes no medium.

Reality demands that waves must travel through a medium. There is nothing archaic about believing what logically must be true.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I commend you for answering all of these silly little nit picking people trying to tear apart your theory. Good job; atleast YOU present and explain where you are coming from. The truth is all we think we know is soooo little, and what we think we know now, by a certain percentage has to be wrong; just like when the earth being the center of the universe was a FACT and that we were all inside a snowglobe was FACT and that George Clooney was a good actor FACT and the Pope is really God FACT.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ratqueen

Go to this thread and watch the links. Just start with Thunderbolts of the gods.

I really reccomend it

Here's the real science

It's a follow up of this thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Whoa! So much anger and negativity... damn homey! You need some yoga or some meditation... Breath in throught the nose and breath out through the mouth. Don't worry, im not against you... i share some of your points of view but, damn!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
in my OP the scientists and the whole rest of their community are the most close minded dogmatic piles of trash because 'if science cant explain it then it cannot be.' lmao!

which is actually the most rediculous thing anybody can say.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
and the earth is 5000 years old, flat, and is at the center of everything...read a book, stay in school, and say no to drugs...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Reality demands that waves must travel through a medium.

As I said, this is the kind of reality that demands that all existence is explained by four elements - Earth, Wind, Water and Fire, and that a clove of garlic above the doorstep would ward off vampires. Really easy to understand for a simpleton, self-contained and elegant all at the same time.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

ok - if all waves require a medium , plese explain the following

sound [ acoustic ] has a velocity [ in terran atmosphere of 14.7psi and 20 degrees c ] of 330m/s

in water the same sound wave has a velocity of APROX 1500m/s [ variables for temp , salinity , pressure ]

in the near vacum of space - attempts to transmit acoustic energy are unsucessfull

the velocity of radio waves is virtually unchange in air or the near vacum of space

your comments ??????????

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This, I believe! Alot of the crap scientists say is very suspect and based on guessing. Big bang my ass!! How the hell would they possibly know something like that to be fact?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by selectrick
This, I believe! Alot of the crap scientists say is very suspect and based on guessing. Big bang my ass!! How the hell would they possibly know something like that to be fact?

how do you know it isn't fact? The absence of evidence does not constitute the evidence of absence

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

hey nice thread you have some fair views , the greats battled for years over wave particle duality of light , einstein and heisenberg at each other for years over uncertainty and quantum mechanics!

isnt it fair to give these men the benefit of the doubt , such brilliant minds dont come up with rubbish and turn it into theory .
These men and women are hard at it every day of their lives trying to benefit mankind , its the governments who control their budgets ,who control them ultimately.

anyway i just wanted to show you this link

nasa jpl, black hole eating matter

this was taken from hubble over 7 years , it shows a black hole eating some matter .

What do you make of accretion discs around suspected black holes ? what is keeping these discs centered around a fixed point in space ?

shame we dont have tesla around anymore to show these theorists a thing or two

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Everything you are being told is one gigantic fat lie.

The history of the Earth as it has been told to you is a lie. Theoretical particle physics is a lie. The big bang is a lie. Comets made of water is a lie. The formation of planets is a lie. Climate science is a lie.

An unending stream of lies.

Usually the people that run the line, "everything you're being told is a lie", are usually cult leaders or sme other kind of agenda-driven liar. The old "don't believe those guys but believe me" isn't going to work on any rational, thinking individual.

This is a good observation. "If something that is said doesnt agree with what I say, then it is a lie. " Very cult-like indeed.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Given the fact that the original poster was actually able to post his bile using a PC connected to the internet, I find his anti-science statement kinda ironic.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the op- states that light is a wave, and is capable of travelling through space indicating that there is some medium for light waves to travel through. if there were a medium, sound waves will travel through space, which it doesnt. Occam's Razor comes back to explain why light waves travel through space and sound waves cant: light can not be a wave

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
That's nice.
We now return to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Dang. My computer just stopped working. Stupid science!

Engineers tell the truth.

Theoretical scientists are the liars.

Havent read throught the thread but had to reply to this.

"Theoretical", EXACTLY, its theorys, how are theorys lies?

Something without evidence is a theory...so all theorys are lies?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
when it comes to pretty much everything related to these subjects mentioned here. if thar be doubters amongst ye, i suggest you watch

this lecture by Nassim Haramein
www.youtube.com...

theory for a growing earth
www.youtube.com...

theory for human antiquity(as in humanity being millions of years old)
www.youtube.com...

Lord Monckton speaking against climate scientism(that's on purpose)
www.youtube.com...

I'm not suggesting that these guys have all the answers. i am suggesting that they ask the questions and strive for the answers.

they don't pimp their ideas at you and liken you to a nazi/anti-semitic "climate-denier" if you disagree.

the mainstream scientific pursuit is no longer(and hasn't been for a while) the seeking of truth, it is the seeking of SECURE, PERMANENT funding.

and unfortunately, the "governments" generally provide funding that usually just happens to support their politics.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Paladin327

isnt light a duality , light and particle

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hello, you brought me out of a 8 year hiatus from ATS, in order to discuss this....

Sense I am a creationists computer scientist you must realize how stimulated I became....

It's true what you say, that all of science is model, based on interpretation of evidence, or human calculation based on taught logic...

So you created a list, and i began to realize a pattern in the list...

It is all relatively the same...

Dark matter, Black Holes, And the Big Bang, all relate in most ways...

I remember asking a professor some of the questions you pose a couple years ago, and you know what his answer was?

My question was about infinity and how can one reach infinity of it never ends, if it never ends that means your not moving. rather moving around is an illusion...

Well my father and I debated it for about 6 minutes...

here is my model....

If a gas station is in Mexico, and I am in San Diego California, and this gas station is half way to Mexico City, my destination.

Let's assume Mexico City is infinitely far away from me, yet I promised myself I would go.

Is it possible to get to this gas station? Probably not, sense to go the gas station would bring me half way Mexico City, to in reality no closer at all.

I could not stop in Tijuana to get to Mexico City, sense they play on each others distance. Meaning distance and speed would be an illusion, so would breathing in which my lungs must expand to a certain length to keep processing oxygen.

Making the universe a Hologram, like a computer program full of glitches and null values.....

Well that's just an old thought, which I think can play on the OP's original thread post

So OP it all comes down to one point you made Black Holes.

How does science arrive to the conclusion that Black Holes exist? Well, that's an interesting question.

There so much force in one area of space, that it must be a black hole, not necessarily because it sucks everything in its ways, because that is not always, or completely true.

"Do black holes really exist?

Probably. Astronomers have discovered quite a few objects that can only be explained as black holes. These objects are dark, so we cannot see them, but they exert a powerful influence on the stars, gas, and even space around them. These objects are so dark, dense, and heavy that they must be either black holes or something even more exotic."

Black Holes

For example on need not be a scientist to go into the case of black holes, but a simple philosophy may help

"A black hole is an object with such powerful gravity that nothing can escape from it, including light. The black hole's mass is concentrated in a point of almost infinite density called a singularity. At the singularity itself, gravity is almost infinitely strong, so it crushes normal space-time out of existence."

If it is infinitely powerful, our universe would be infinitely collapsing right now, so the way they are explained may be a little too sensational

We have to start taking the term infinity a lot more serious... To say without limits in space is almost impossible everything has limitations, but does space?

Is space finite or infinite....

Some think it has to do with how much dark matter is in space...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
"In the galaxy case, having rotation, we have found that general relativity provides a very important potential that is connected to the density of the galactic matter in what we call a 'nonlinear' manner,'" Cooperstock says. "This is unlike Newtonian physics."

This nonlinear effect has been noted before. "The interesting twist is that this holds also for the simpler steady rotational motion under gravity as in the galaxy," he said.

The upshot: The motions of stars in galaxies "is realized in general relativity's equations without the need to invoke massive halos of exotic 'dark matter' that nobody can explain by current physics," Cooperstock said.

A small percent of what used to be considered dark matter is made of burned-out stars that are hard to see. Predictions for how much of that material exists would not change.

Also, the new idea does not yet explain how large clusters of galaxies bind together. Further research by other theorists might solve that problem too, however, Cooperstock said. The new analysis has been submitted to the Astrophysical Journal but has yet to be reviewed by other scientists.

If it is right?

"This would remove about 25 percent of the mass of the universe, the ultimate weight-reduction program,"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"A black hole forms when any object reaches a certain critical density, and its gravity causes it to collapse to an almost infinitely small pinpoint. Stellar-mass black holes form when a massive star can no longer produce energy in its core. With the radiation from its nuclear reactions to keep the star "puffed up," gravity causes the core to collapse. The star's outer layers may blast away into space, or they may fall into the black hole to make it heavier. Astronomers aren't certain how supermassive black holes form. They may form from the collapse of large clouds of gas, or from the mergers of many smaller black holes, or a combination of events."

And this all ties into one question....

The universe Static, or Expanding?

THE UNIVERSE IS NOT EXPANDING

BECAUSE GALAXIES' REDSHIFT IS CAUSED BY "LIOU_SCHWARTZ'S STRETCH EFFECT" NOT BY "DOPPLER'S EFFECT".

Non Expanding Universe

Dubious Expansion

and finally

Time Doesnt Exist

Yet who does say the Universe is Expanding?

well, Hubble and his telescopes, and many scientists behind him...

"The fact that we see all other galaxies moving away from us does not imply that we are the center of the universe! All galaxies will see all other stars moving away from them in an expanding universe. A rising loaf of raisin bread is a good visual model: each raisin will see all other raisins moving away from it as the loaf expands.

The fact that the universe is expanding then raises the question "Will it always expand?" Since the action of gravity works against the expansion, then if the density were large enough, the expansion would stop and the universe would collapse in a "big crunch". This is called a closed universe. If the density were small enough, the expansion would continue forever (an open universe). At a certain precise critical density, the universe would asymtotically approach zero expansion rate, but never collapse. Remarkably, all evidence indicates that the universe is very close to that critical density. Discussions about the expansion of the universe often refer to a density parameter Ω which is the density divided by the critical density, such that Ω = 1 represents the critical density condition"

Or a belief that the universe expands but will eventually stop...

Expanding Universe

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
How about what is the end game for one model of a finite universe?

Well OP here is where there is some contradiction...

You added that there is no need for multiple dimensions yet, this is what most believers of a finite universe....

They believe that the universe, must have a 4th dimension if you go to the end of the universe and end up here...

"Over time, the universe is expanding in space. The words 'space' and 'universe', sometimes used interchangeably, have distinct meanings in this context. Here 'space' is a mathematical concept and 'universe' refers to all the matter and energy that exist. The expansion is in reference to internal dimensions only.

Finite space theory does not suppose space has an edge, but rather that space wraps around on itself. If it were possible to travel the entire length of space without going faster than light, one would simply end up back in the same place, not unlike going all the way around the surface of the balloon (or a planet like the Earth)."

Wiki Universe Expansion

Conclusively

our Universe is so mysterious it doesn't matter in the case of if God exists or not, or if the Big Bang is real...

To answer this question is apart of a long list which would make up the subject on our universe's origins...

THIS IS WHAT I CALL PARADOXICAL PHILOSOPHY, THESE ARE THE THINGS WE SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT OVER HOW TO KILL EACH OTHER AS HUMAN KIND, SCIENCE IS MYSTERIOUS AND CHALLENEGES THE MIND.

THE LESSON IN THIS THREAD ISNT THAT ALL OF SCIENCE IS FRAUD, BUT OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION AND CONCLUSION...

SCIENCE IN MY VIEW IS NOT HERE TO SETTLE THE ARGUEMENT OF EVOLUTION VS CREATIONISM, AND GOD VS BIG BANG...

ITS TO GIVE US A FEEL ON HOW INTRICATELY MYSTERIOUS OUR UNIVERSE REALLY IS AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE, YOU CANNOT SAY YOU ARE THE MASTER OF HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS, AND CANNOT BASE THAT ON HOW YOU CHOOSE YOUR FAITH IN LIFE

BEAUTIFUL OP JUST FREAKIN DAMN BEAUTIFUL I APPLAUD YOU, ENGINEERS ARE ALWAYS MY FAVORITE TO WORK WITH. MY WIFE IS AN ENGINEER SO I KNOW

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join