It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt. report Justifies wikileaks video attack and Blames camera man!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

According to an investigation by the 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, the aircrew “accurately assessed that the criteria to find and terminate the threat to friendly forces were met in accordance with the law of armed conflict and rules of engagement.” The report concluded that the attack helicopters positively identified the threat; established hostile intent; conducted appropriate collateral damage assessment; and received clearance to fire

From this article

But what really bothers me is this...

the military indirectly blamed the reporters for being in the company of “armed insurgents” and making no effort to identify themselves as journalists. An investigating officer with the 2nd Brigade Combat Team (BCT), 2nd Infantry Division, concluded that “the cameramen made no effort to visibly display their status as press or media representatives” and added that “their familiar behavior with, and close proximity to, the armed insurgents and their furtive attempts to photograph the Coalition Ground Forces made them appear as hostile combatants to the Apaches that engaged them.” A long telephoto lens, the officer says, could have been mistaken for a rocket-propelled grenade.

Here is a pdf of the investigation.

So, now an internal investigation has concluded that they did nothing wrong, and the cameraman and children deserved it because they were carrying a camera and did not do a good enough job to show that it was not a RPG. Absolutely shameful

-E-

[edit on 7-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Of course, the report blocks out the names of the shooter(s). If everything they did was by the book and on the up and up, as the "investigators" claim, why hide their names? I've always felt that if you do the right thing, you shouldn't be afraid to have your name associated with your actions.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Yes, it is very shameful. But, the cold hard truth is that this is the evil corrupt world we are living in today. We live in a world where this sort of behavior is considered acceptable. This is precisely why this world is in need of a cleansing of evil. The ones that have done this and the ones condoning this may think they have gotten away with it, but, that is what they get for thinking.

Mark my word. They will not get away with this.

That video and the sickening conclusion of the investigation, pretty much lets us all know who the real terrorists are huh?

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus2573
reply to post by MysterE

Mark my word. They will not get away with this.

I bet they thought they had. The report and incident are from 2007. Imagine their shock when the wikileaks story broke! I hope they crapped themselves!

-E-

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

I agree but what the hell is going to come of it? NOTHING! That's what. The US military and the government are run by a bunch of evil psychopaths. Americans are in extreme denial about their own country. Look at how out of touch and uninformed they are. I can't believe real Americans would EVER defend this outright slaughter and butchering of individuals. Americans and most of the western world lives in a bubble. Look at the Chinese and their sick rape video games. Look at how many American kids are hooked on violent video games. They are being prepared for future combat roles in the military. They'll make great little soldiers taking pleasure in wiping out human life and those big bad terrorists. It's really sad.........having been born and raised as an American I can only hope karma lands on our doorsteps someday. We deserve it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This report/article is a little different than what the Pentagon released this morning-posted ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

See for yourself.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am going to have to find out those names. The families of the dead need to know who attacked their family members. I think I recognize one of the voices on the Wikkileaks video. I will be talking to soldiers. I bet I get beat up or worse. I am going to start with the their flying instructor, he lives in my girlfried's apartment complex and drinks massive amounts of beer by the pool.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is the origional 2007 report, which I'm sure they never thought would be seen

-E-

new topics

top topics

join