It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Map. Are these man made objects??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was on google maps today and came across what looks to be man made structures in the water. Can anyone tell me what these are?? They look to me like some sort of grid.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The ocean is full of anomalies on Google maps/Earth. This is due to the various ways and methods employed when the ocean floor is mapped.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting you can see the dots in the left and right side of the peninsula. But ya, Google Maps has lots of crazy lookin stuff made from stitching images together.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaCommando5

reply to post by Traditionaldrummer

Oh. It just seemed real strange that they would all be lined up like that. I haven't seen something like that while looking on google maps before. Some of them look to have depth to them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It looks like there's a triangle in there as well... I think the dots you are seeing are merely graphic artifacts produced by the mapping process.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Your right it does look like there is a triangle there also. I have another question... If what we are looking at is a glitch from the graphics shouldn't it be gone by lets say tomorrow, or will it always be there? I would think that everytime google changes the map then it would make a new graphic glitch and the old ones would either change or go away?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I always wondered what this was, off the Canary Islands in the Atlantic.

maps.google.com...&sspn=23.875,57.630033&ie=UTF8&hl=en&geocode=FYUV3wEdLS2O_g&split=0

See what anyone else thinks.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I always wondered what this was, off the Canary Islands in the Atlantic.

maps.google.com...,-95.677068&sspn=23.875,57.630033&ie=UTF8&hl=en&geocode=FQoJ4AEdaYKQ_g&split=0

See what anyone else thinks.

Can you provide an external link? The link you provided just takes me to google map and not to the area.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am trying.

maps.google.com...,-24.236755&num=1&t=h&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=23.875,57.630033&ie=UTF8&ll=31.559815,-24.23584&spn=1.942381, 3.460693&z=8&iwloc=A

Not working for me, I am fairly computer illiterate.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
here ya go

hope that helps

OK, that doesnt work either, but it doesn't look like it is part of the mapping process at all. The lines are not concentric enough.

heres a screen shot

[edit on 4/7/2010 by tribewilder]

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

When you get to the spot on google map copy the address and click on insert a news source image and paste the address into it.

link   

Originally posted by Trudge

Your right it does look like there is a triangle there also. I have another question... If what we are looking at is a glitch from the graphics shouldn't it be gone by lets say tomorrow, or will it always be there? I would think that everytime google changes the map then it would make a new graphic glitch and the old ones would either change or go away?

I don't think they map that part of the ocean floor very often, so the features (software? satellite? graphics? artifacts) in question may remain on Google Earth for some time. ATS member "Phage" may be better qualified to address this.

edit: P.S. It is fun to look for curiosities on Google Earth. I've found some interesting things that turned out to be nothing, but you never know what may be out there unless you look for it...

Oh Phage! :-)

[edit on 4/7/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Thanks a bunch!

If you zoom out and look toward the Canary Islands, you will find what looks like lines linking up with that area you put up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yup, this is strange indeed.

If the lines were perpendicular I would say it's due to the mapping process. Some of the lines could be faults in the earth's crust I guess, but overall, it doesn't seem to be natural.

But then again, what do I know...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

If the lines were perpendicular I would say it's due to the mapping process. Some of the lines could be faults in the earth's crust I guess, but overall, it doesn't seem to be natural.

That is a much better image in your post. It is interesting. Do you also notice in the bottom right hand corner of the square area the intersection of the line of a large circle? At the center of the circle there appears to be a circular mound. Possibly a crater? But the square area is definatly interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by tribewilder

That is a much better image in your post. It is interesting. Do you also notice in the bottom right hand corner of the square area the intersection of the line of a large circle? At the center of the circle there appears to be a circular mound. Possibly a crater? But the square area is definatly interesting.

WOW! Ya that is very interesting. That looks like a village or some outlines of some old walls. Very nice find butcherguy, and thanks for posting the image Tribewilder!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Could you explain how to embed lagre photos like the ocean floor photo in your post. When I embed large photos they get cut off. How do you embed them so that the photos have the slider at the bottom?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Just click on the 9th button from the left (next to the envelope) and put in the url there.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Since I so very obviously suck at embedding these Google maps,

I will just tell you where to look for another strange looking spot on the ocean floor.

Just North of the Finnish-Russian border in the Barents Sea.
Very long lines of holes intersecting diagonally.

Thankyou everyone for your help!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The ocean is full of anomalies on Google maps/Earth. This is due to the various ways and methods employed when the ocean floor is mapped.

Well,that sounds like the typical,"we don't want them to know there are thousands of ancient civilizations now buried beneath the waters of the earth",
response.

Guess they figure were to stupid to figure it all out,like sea shells at 8000 feet in the Andes mountains of Peru.

Don't want the fools to know now do we.

Anomaly

"Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule."

Or evidence of mans true past?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join