It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Raises Questions About Credibility of Wikileaks Iraq Shooting Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- WikiLeaks, the self-proclaimed "whistle-blowing" investigative Web site, released a classified military video Monday that it says shows the "indiscriminate slaying" of innocent Iraqis. Two days later, questions linger about just how much of the story WikiLeaks decided to tell.

TThe problem, according to many who have viewed the video, is that WikiLeaks appears to have done selective editing that tells only half the story. For instance, the Web site takes special care to slow down the video and identify the two photographers and the cameras they are carrying. However, the Web site does not slow down the video to show that at least one man in that group was carrying a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, a clearly visible weapon that runs nearly two-thirds the length of his body. ext

Source: www.foxnews.com...

There are always two sides to every story but in this one, will it matter?
MODS: I searched and didn't find anything about the Military's Response. Please move if it needs to be or close if a copy of something already posted.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought he was carrying some sort of camera tripod?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I often see news reporters running around with rocket launchers. Surely the military wouldn't lie about such a thing to cover their stinking asses.

(though they have not shown the picture of the RPG they reckon they found. Or did they not find one? I know one thing, I don't trust them one little tiny bit)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't know. I guess we'll never know all the eveidence etc. We can sit here and Monday morning quarterback day in and day out but.

I would like to see evidence of the RPG's found on site by the investigators. I would think that even if the dead men were firing them or in possesson of such that their buddies would have grabbed them up before any US forces got there.

A question to the people who have served over there and seen after attack scenes etc. Are the areas pretty well cleaned up of weapons or evidence of the deceased being part of any resistance (made to look like every day Joe Blow etc)? Or does everyone just stay the heck away from the areas hit?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson to you. If you know anyone who has a weapon, an Apache helicopter has the right to shoot you from 2 miles away. Hey, wait, we all know people who carry guns. This means we could all be shot at any moment. DIVE FOR COVER!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Or a camera for that matter!

-E-

new topics

top topics

join