It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A query for the Extra Terrestrials that Frequent the ATS Forums.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FungShuiMyLife
Extraterrestrials are not alien. They are native to the planet.

English 101: Presented by m0r1arty.

When using English to produce your desired expression, it is desirable to have a basic understanding of what the English language is.

English is an amalgamation of many languages giving it a global 'flavour' and allowing it to be accessible to many. Much of the modern English language is derived from Latin and Ancient Greek which also has roots in other languages such as French, Italian, Russian, German and Spanish amongst others.

The term 'extraterrestrial' literally means 'originating from outside of Earth' as it is taken from the 2 Latin roots 'extra' meaning 'outside of' and 'terrestrial' which means 'of or pertaining to the earth'.

The term 'alien' also has roots in ancient languages there is the older Greek 'allos' meaning 'another, or different' and the newer, yet still very old, Latin term 'alius' which also means 'another, or foreign'. There are many 'aliens' on Earth - but the only thing that makes them alien is the environment from whence they came. A polar bear on a tropical island would be alien, as would a snake in Antarctica.

Now the phrase "Extraterrestrials are not alien. They are native to the planet." is completely wrong as it takes that which is from elsewhere and claims that is is not. It goes so far as to actually use the word for Earth, say those originating from elsewhere other than Earth, and then places them as natives to Earth.

I hope you have found this brief overview of how to express oneself enjoyable and please give feedback on any level if you see fit.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
who says we have to have skin?

you aren't a flesh supremacist, are you?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Well I for one feel completely enlightened and educated by that post. The other poster should be happy that so many people care on ATS. I know I am

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

who says we have to have skin?

Oh! by all means please utilize whatever form you see fit whilst on Earth.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Much appreciated. I can't stand the stuff, myself; it's hot, sticky, and it smells awful compared to good ol' silicon.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have met face-to-face with an alien, although not on ATS.

He was an extremely wicked humanoid, and referred to himself as a time-traveler from our future.

You can believe it or not. I don’t give a damn one way or the other.

For those who are unable to accept that the universe (diameter ~ 156 billion light years) is swarming with life, try to realize one thing, the truth is much stranger than fiction.

What are the odds of aliens (good or bad) participating on ATS?

I would venture to say there’s probably a chance they do contribute from time to time.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Just be patient.
These things take time on account of how difficult it is to type with giant praying mantisesque pincers.
Um...not that I'd know what that's like...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To the OP - Gray Alien is your answer. Most people believe they are Gray Aliens. I kept track.

Which is obviously because it's the most popular in the media, funny how that works out eh?

Second would be pleiadians I guess, seen a few of those as well.

It directly relates to the popularity of the alien race in the media.

People just suddenly call themselves aliens after reading about them, I don't know why, most likely due to social problems with other humans.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Millions

why do you want to know the answer to this question? What is your interest in this subject?

Was bored mainly, and in the spirit of the US Census, I figured I would conduct a similar census of the ATS Alien demographic of choice.

Boredom, eh?

Just to annoy you, I got an answer. I'm just gonna assume that you're caucasian, hee, hee.

The first class of ETs (the elite class) prefer to be chinese, because they're the smartest race on earth. The second class of ETs (the more mundane ones) prefer to be caucasian, because they got a lot of privileges (culturally). It makes living on earth a hell lot easier. But genetically they're inferior to the chinese when it comes to brain power. Ha, ha! (Brain power is a pretty important thing you know).

Who knows it might be the truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Chinese is not a race, they are human.

It's an area of the world, and it sure isn't the smartest either.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Whilst I generally have the utmost respect for you and your posts, it's audacious of you to assume that just because you use facts, that you are correct.

There are many different flavours of alien, some who have been here for at least 2.5 years before mankind - FACT!!!

You're making the gross assumption that this is "our" earth, not theirs.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

the people who know, or who are awakening to the idea, that they come from other "places" will tell you that there is absolutely no difference between you and them. we are all one. and what race they are born into has absolutely nothing to do with who they "are", just as what race you are born into has absolutely nothing to do with who you are. we are all so much more than what you call race. and most people who come from "other places" understand this in a very deep way.

so instead of asking what race an "ET" may be born into you instead could be asking about what is in their heart. or in their mind. how they view life and how they feel about the world. that is a question that may actually get you somewhere.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by Millions

I'm mystified...... why do you want to know the answer to this question? What is your interest in this subject?

John

Wouldn't you want to know if Aliens are racist?

THEY ARE NOT mabey they chose skinz as you call them to fit in where ever they are located and racist aliens lol mabey speciest tho depending on what potential aliens there may be....THATS MY 1 CENT

[edit on 4/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Chinese is not a race, they are human.

It's an area of the world, and it sure isn't the smartest either.

Not according to the first class ETs.

They're indeed a race and they got the best smart gene. Again.. according to the first class ETs.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

That is, with respect to other posters, the only correct answer in this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
THIS IS AN ALIEN and Yes I just UNITED with all you for this ONE FORUM post today.

Before you find out I'm an ALIEN by telling you, let me say I REFUSE to answer a HUMAN that I don't understand or rather deny ignorance. Especially when challenging my post's response toward another.

Europe< >Australia

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think the prevailing opinion is that there are ET's out there. The universe is too vast and the same elements that led to life here had to occur somewhere else just by the law of averages.

I think that most are doubtful that their 1st alien encounter would be with a poster on a conspiracy sight full of paranoid hoaxes with a smattering of legitimate information. I don't mean that all of the hoaxes are intentional, I think most simply come from being uninformed or lettting paranoia override logic.

I have seen maybe a couple of these so called ET's hold up under questioning. One of them was fairly local to me and I offered to provide testing to determine if he's human or ET. He won't show up.

I think the logical conclusion for 1st contact would be an alien group would contact a major world government. And if they were familliar with our culture they would force the disclosure issue. Because human nature is so inherently curious that it would serve their purpose, whatever it may be.

A stealthy alien posting on a conspiracy site who won't divulge any particulars immediately screams hoax. I can't show you my ship. I can't take a pic and post it. I came through time but I wont give you any predictions outside of 2012.

People want this to be real so badly they'll believe anything no matter how illogical. I guess the difference for me is when one of these guys post, I'm an alien, I have a BS detector screaming at me. Whereas many here immediately believe them, with no evidence other than vague claims.

Just because yu want it to be real doesn't make it so.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just because you "think" there aren't any, doesn't mean there isn't.

Strange how people can just throw around theories and beliefs as facts.

Don't close your mind to anything. That's a big part of Denying Ignorance.

~Keeper

More truth to this than many are aware, or want to be aware of.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As i posted before, I believe we have ETs who walk among us, I have for many years. I dont know what brought me to the conclusion, but i am there.

I think it would be interesting to speak to one, to hear their thoughts on how we operate here. I have to admit that if i saw one in their own skin, i would be scared stupid, If i saw a ship up close i would be frightened. Theres a reality factor here that I, and many are just not ready to face. Its coming though. Just a matter of time. And i am looking forward to it, if fearfully. ( Only natural to fear what one does not know)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I think the prevailing opinion is that there are ET's out there. The universe is too vast and the same elements that led to life here had to occur somewhere else just by the law of averages.

I think that most are doubtful that their 1st alien encounter would be with a poster on a conspiracy sight full of paranoid hoaxes with a smattering of legitimate information. I don't mean that all of the hoaxes are intentional, I think most simply come from being uninformed or lettting paranoia override logic.

I have seen maybe a couple of these so called ET's hold up under questioning. One of them was fairly local to me and I offered to provide testing to determine if he's human or ET. He won't show up.

I think the logical conclusion for 1st contact would be an alien group would contact a major world government. And if they were familliar with our culture they would force the disclosure issue. Because human nature is so inherently curious that it would serve their purpose, whatever it may be.

A stealthy alien posting on a conspiracy site who won't divulge any particulars immediately screams hoax. I can't show you my ship. I can't take a pic and post it. I came through time but I wont give you any predictions outside of 2012.

People want this to be real so badly they'll believe anything no matter how illogical. I guess the difference for me is when one of these guys post, I'm an alien, I have a BS detector screaming at me. Whereas many here immediately believe them, with no evidence other than vague claims.

DrJay1975 Asking an ALIEN to release information to a HUMAN via the web

"would be as a polar bear adapting to warmer climate."

There are so many seekers, yogis, wandering pilgrims, spiritual teachers. A stealthy alien is for a good book with chapter after chapter. I'd like to tell you DrJay1975, my LIFE is as The Amazons and can be read at sacred-texts for not a single penny.

2012 is as real as the SKY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join