It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military can't find its copy of Iraq killing video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Military can't find its copy of Iraq killing video

news.yahoo.com

The U.S. military said Tuesday it can't find its copy of a video that shows two employees of the Reuters news agency being killed by Army helicopters in 2007

"We're attempting to retrieve the video from the unit who did the investigation."

The video was taken by the tactical unit that operated the helicopters. The unit has only been identified as a "1st Air Cavalry Brigade," which reported to the Multinational Division in Baghdad.

It's the latest twist in a three-year saga that raises q
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
They can't find Bin Laden
They can't find the files regarding Anthrax
They can't find the torture videos

Everything that they can't find has lies around it.

Obviously the military industrial complex has not learned the importance of backups. How convenient!

The only thing they care about is zero accountability

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What a good job then that in this day and age of cover ups and lies, as soon as videos like these hit the web they are downloaded and saved by many many members of public.

Videos like this one don't just dissapear so easily any more.

CX.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Perhaps the copy they are looking for is the one that was sent to Wikileaks?
That would make sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Maybe they can't find it because the master copy was pinched ,and leaked?

Do apaches have solid state recording,or are they using miniDV or something?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ayeyen
Perhaps the copy they are looking for is the one that was sent to Wikileaks?
That would make sense.

I doubt the one sent to Wiki was the original
I doubt that a hard copy was sent to them as well
A copy of the video was probably emailed

There is another video that wiki will be leaking shortly, this one is Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Don't you worry!

We've found it for you, and we're doing everything we possibly can to make sure everyone else sees it!

link   

Originally posted by ayeyen
Perhaps the copy they are looking for is the one that was sent to Wikileaks? That would make sense.

Would it? A COPY is not an ORIGINAL. Probably just poor semantics on your part.

SM2

link   
You know, when I watched that video, I felt like I had seen it before. Then I realized, it was almost identical to a theatrical cutscene at the end of one of the Call of Duty video games.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Do you have a link?

I'd like to see it.

If that's what those Call of Duty games are like (saying that I have actually played on them) then no wonder so many people are blind to what is going on over there. They probably see it as just a game.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Probably poor semantics on their part also seeing that they can't find their COPY .

Just sayin ...

SM2

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I attempted to find a link to a video of it, but I can not. I could be vastly mistaken, but I do seem to recall seeing a video almost identical to the leaked video at the end of either Call of duty modern warfare 2, or a similar title while the credits are playing.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My dog ate it. Really, he did.

SM2

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well I guess I was wrong, my bad, I should have verified before I posted that. I apologize for the mix up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
it makes since to me that the original was lifted and sent to wiki-leaks...

it did have to be decrypted, which means that it probably was the original..
if it was just dubbed off of the military version on their player, it would not have needed to be decrypted...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
reply to post by Kram09

I attempted to find a link to a video of it, but I can not. I could be vastly mistaken, but I do seem to recall seeing a video almost identical to the leaked video at the end of either Call of duty modern warfare 2, or a similar title while the credits are playing.

You are thinking of the view from an AC130, quite different and they weren't targeting civilians, but they do both have black and white cameras and involve shooting from above.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
@baphomet420 Please see below: Standard Hi-8 Video. No encryption. I think by encrypted they actually mean 'transcribed.' i.e. adding subtitles. (That is done in post-production editing.)The video is all Standard Def NTSC 525, just more rugged decks etc. Not 'encoded' per se.

Info related to On-Board Video Recording:

The high-resolution VSC-80B Airborne Video Tape Recorders (AVTRs) combine TEAC's V-80AB-F Hi-8mm 525-line airborne video recorder with TEAC's digital scan converter. It produces a 60% improvement in image quality and resolution over the current recorders. The VSC-80B will also be utilized to display FLIR or daylight TV images from video sensors at rates up to four frames per second and can be viewed immediately on the cockpit display.

Upgrading video recording stations with the new VSC-80B airborne video recorders offers significant benefits. They have up to 60% increased video resolution, a full mission record time (up to two hours) and are nearly 10 pounds lighter. .

Over 200 Apaches worldwide have switched to the VSC-80. .

Post-Battle De-briefing capabilities:

TIDS includes four Hi-8mm playback decks, TEAC synchronization controllers, an audio mixer, quad-video splitter, 20-inch monitor, universal power supply and an S-VHS VCR to duplicate the debriefing to VHS tapes.

SOURCE:
www.teac-aerospace.com...

FYI:
I am a video junkie. Based on system overview above, it IS NOT inconceivable that the ‘on-board’ videotapes are re-recorded over for cost savings. (Like convenience store surveillance tapes) However the ability to copy to VHS would be a likely source of the Wikileaks FOIA fulfillment.

IMO, if they released any footage, I am convinced they’d retain
original or other dupes. (I do this stuff for a living FWIW. Just not military.)

My .02¢

[edit on 7-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Alot of the stuff we can't find has nothing to do with the news.

We lose so much stuff it boggles my mind, hand receipts, equipment, personnel files, leave forms, finance forms, medical records, dental records and on and on.

I have had the military lose my medical and dental records twice. That kind thing happens all the time.

Is it a conspiracy? Maybe, I have no idea. I know some of us joke that gnomes and gremlins work together to sabotage the military. The gnomes steal things and the gremlins break them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
oops we did it again!

Your tax dollars at work.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

the video recorders that they use have a chip with a codec in it to "scramble or encrypt" the video because it is "classified information"

they also have players that they can view the tapes that have the decryption codec chip..

by lifting the video, i mean someone stole it... obviously the military did not release it...

and no, they do not rerecord over tapes to save cost...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join