It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Country (South Africa) is headed for Civil War...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

Well if that melee in parliament the other day was anything to go by..still,it only broke out when the cops were called on an EFF member calling Jacob Zuma a thief in her speech,and would not step down like a good puppet when ordered to do so because of it,but insisted on finishing her speech,as she was entitled to do.However,i do not foresee widespread national bloodshed,a country in flames-i think it's not unlikely there may be sporadic small-scale faction fighting between for instance ANC and EFF members-but again,isolated small-scale events.Melees more than mass murders .If that much even happens outside parliament.The average South African is just too busy working and trying to break even to go on murderous rampages of any kind.The bills still have to be paid at the end of the month,the children fed-and that is the case for all races in Mzansi.The horrific murders,which does amount to a slow-motion genocide of sorts are not perpetrated by the average black person,but by shiftless,evil tsotsi's.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GerhardSA

Don't worry, the good Ol USA will happily step in to help solve your humanitarian crises.

Probs help ourselves to some of your natural resources while we're at it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: resoe26
Racism is so [SNIP] stupid!!!!!! I'm so sick of that [SNIP]. It needs to stop. I don't see how the color of ones skin can be looked down upon or rejoiced upon. ITS SKIN MAN!!!!
It's too bad people can't judge others by the depths of thier hearts.

Mod Edit: Snipped censor circumvention

Don't hate someone for the color of their skin, hate them for who they are on the inside.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: IndependentAgent

There is no civil war coming.Just murder of individuals,and more murders.And yes,it is horrific,and yes,Apartheid cannot be blamed anymore for what is wrong in South Africa.The ANC owns that.But there is no civil war coming.

What is wrong with some people? There is not set timetable that one can dictate whereby you can say 'enlought time has passed, its your responsiblity now'. This is the pathetic abdication of responsiblity we see from the morally bankrupt time and again. Jesus get an education.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yes there IS a time when you can say enough time has passed-it is now your responsibility.If the rampant ineptitude and corruption of a current government is more moral than the wrongdoing of a previous government,and should absolve the former in your opinion-YOU are the one who need to get an education.Jesus, get a clue.a reply to: spacedog1973

edit on 23-11-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2014 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hey Raxoxane, I read that 70,000 whites have been murdered since 1994. Not sure if it included Jews and Indians too, anyway. Is it about out of 4 million minority? That means one out of every 57 whites has been murdered since the end of apartheid. Now if one was to take that 20 years, to say the average age a white would expext to live say 80 years and thus 280,000, then that 1 in 57 murdered if trends continues would be one in every fourteen. Crikey it's mass murder right? That is getting close to holocaust type figures

a reply to: Raxoxane

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi there ufoorbhunter,I would have to check the available stats to be able to give an accurate estimate.I say estimate because I'm not convinced the true crime stats for murders and all other crime classifications are released to the public-will have to do with the figures released to the public.But yes,South Africa has one of the highest murder rates per capita in the world,if not the highest.And most of that is unfortunately black on white murders+black on white violence.Of course saying this will have a certain brainless section of any site call one a racist,especially me being a white South African saying it.But it is what it is.However,no one is exempt from being a victim of murder and violent crime in my country.Since the ANC took power 20 years ago,this country has become a crime-infested nation.

Before that of course we had the untenable,unnatural and ridiculous Apartheid system-but that government did clamp down on crime,South Africa was a much safer place then,for All it's citizens.This I have personally been told by black individuals-that they felt far safer from crime during that era,that they Were safer.

Which is the only good thing that can really be said about the Apartheid system-and of course in those days we had one of the most formidable armies in the world.Now under the ANC we really don't need a formidable army,as it is very unlikely any nation will wage war against us-and that is a Really fortunate thing,because jeez..Anyway to get back to the point,as I said,the true crime stats are unlikely to be made public,because it will make the ANC look worse than they already do-but from what one read in the Afrikaans language newspapers,which don't bury the horrors,it is a grim situation indeed.Still,no one is safe anywhere in the world-this I say as my personal opinion-i would not necessarily feel safer in most other countries.With the exception of anomalies like Switzerland and Iceland,I guess,one could be a victim of crime pretty much anywhere.Here one just have to be that much more alert and careful than in many other countries.Will see what stats I can dig up later,my daughter asked me to watch a movie with her.a reply to: ufoorbhunter

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was just stunned by the 70,000 out of 4,000,000 claimed to have been murdered in twety years since 1994. That is mental, taken over to an life span of 80 years that's a 1 in 14 chance of being murdered if you're white! Now I know why I keep meeting people in Britain of SA descent who have come here to live. Just mental

To be honest I was quite glad to get on the plane and get the heck out of SA to be honest. Only there six days and enough was enough, three days in Namibia beforehand and the same. Best scenery I've ever seen and I'm being honest, totally the most beautiful place I've ever seen. But a few incidents, like people trying to force us to buy diamonds outside a Spar shop on the way to Omaruru, jeez even the old local woman shouted "leave them alone they're foreigners." People saying nasty things as we walked through Green Point at night, etc.Trying to jump into the Citi Golf! Even the whites seemed up for a fight "I'll never forget what you're people did to my people during the Boer War" during a pool game againt Africaans type SA'ns that was turning a bit nasty. I'm not General Kitchener for heavens sake! Man I was just glad to get on the plane lol

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rotten experience in South Africa,and Namibia.Wow.I would say, away from the bigger cities like Cape Town and Johannesburg you may have a friendlier,kinder experience.South Africans of all races tend to be a very friendly,helpful bunch-with the obvious exception of tsotsi's,shysters and bonehead Afrikaners.You do get rude stand-offish English speaking South Africans too-one cannot generalise,but all in all we are an extroverted,friendly helpful nation.Though i am fluent in Afrikaans,and it's always been one of our two household languages,since i was a child-i do tend to avoid a certain type of Afrikaner like the plague myself.There's just zero common ground,we may as well be from seperate planets.

It's difficult to find correct stats,so i post three links,one from Rense,the other two pertaining to SA celebrities who are sort of activists for the Afrikaner,and whites in general.After this reply,and the next one i will be making to another member,i won't be visiting this thread again-it's depressing-and i wish to focus on the positive aspects of m ycountry,and the large amount of goodwill that Does exist between races.It's all one can do.In my personal experience-i have never had a really bad experience with any black person,in the course of an ordinary way of life.That would no doubt rapidly change if i was to hang out in a township at night-or during the day for that matter-but we whites know that would be suicidal.A larger concentration of people-a larger concentration of murderous tsotsi's.

But as for going about everyday life,i have had no reason to complain.I have always had good relations with the black folks i've known or met-i had a black lady as a friend,who for years were like an older sister/mother to me,and we loved each other dearly.My little son's best friend is a nice black child-well he has 3 friends around here-the nice child,another little black boy who's rather irritating but not a wash-out as far as friends go-and a white child,a lying,troublemaking little sod i have advised him to dump as friend.My daughter has had black friends she's been very fond of and has lots of good times with-it's at the end of the day,up to any individual you interact with,i guess,it's in the way they choose to treat you and conduct themselves.

Here's some links:

mg.co.za...

www.rense.com...

whisnews21.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedog1973

I have replied to you before,and this is my last reply to this thread and on this matter,as i wish to concentrate on the positive about my country.You are welcome to your worldview,even if that includes believing that a current government has leeway to keep on messing up and running a country into the ground,because the government before them were also bad.I have said what i have to say on this matter,feel free to have the last word-your reply and the tone in which it was delivered tells me all i need to know about you,your worldview,and how little you know of South African matters.In my opinion You are the morally bankrupt one,and You are the pathetic one who apparently has the view that if any individual or government takes over from a bad one before-they have hundreds of years to get their act together and improve things-because the previous entity was also bad.No one will ever get anywhere and no good will come out of that worldview-but as i said,have at it.I'm done talking to you,and i'm done with this matter.Good luck.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Haha I'm sorry if that all sounded like a bad experience in SA, Raxone it was the best time I've probably had abroad. Just didn't like the snyd comments made walking around Cape Town, hey all our bad experiences, the diamond sellers, the bakkie type thing that tried ramming us, plus the Boers in Swakopmund coming in from the farms on saturday to play pool (lol it was in in jest) all happened in Namibia not SA. I was just stunned over the 70k death figure, just seems alot but hey I like going to Israel too and they seem to have a similar issue. My mate swear he feels loads safer in Cape town than in leeds UK. SA is the most beautiful place I've been and the people, awesome. The only issue in SA and it's getting a bit similar in the UK is the disparity between affluent people and the very poor. Until that gap narrows issues will always happen, I've been robbed here a couple of times, there's a whole generation here that don't have much chance of employment since China stole everybodys jobs. Fascinated by your ufo orb sightings btw, that's what I'm really into on ATS.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join