It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digging Up History: Latest Archaeology News (Great Pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me on what we continue to find from our past. I saw this piece on Fox Sci/Tech. The detail on the medallion in the 2nd photos-for that time period-amazing:
Source: www.foxnews.com...
Link to story: www.foxnews.com...

Some of my highlights (2 of 54) :

Homo Floresiensis Skull: A researcher holds a skull of a Homo floresiensis in Indonesia. The race of hobbit-like creatures may once have existed on the remote island of Flores, where an international team is trying to shed light on the fossilized 18,000-year-old skeleton of a dwarf cavewoman whose discovery in 2003 was an international sensation.

Mycenaean Warrior Medallion: Archeologists discovered the remains of a high priestess and her three female protegees at an ancient necropolis in Greece -- a discovery that can shed light on the early ages. Amid the jewels was a war medallion, another sacred adornment found at the tomb of the priestesses.

Edit to add story link

[edit on 4/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe no one commented on the Hobbit like species thing.

Now come on. Am I the only one that thinks that is pretty cool/awesome?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
yeah it is pretty cool, i wonder how old that medallion is and what the meaning behind it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
No, you aren't the only one.

One of my biggest regret in life is that I didn't become an archaeologist.

I rather be the one looking for artifacts rather than reading about. IMO, there is a lot more stuff yet to be discovered.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah that gold medallion is amazing, good thing the people that found it didnt melt it down for profit.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JWtruth123

I hear ya.

I can't believe all the little dotted "S" on the thing. How did they do that-back then? And, for oramental wear...

new topics

top topics

join