It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fundamentalist Christians view on Masonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Based on this response to a welcome thread, I thought it would be best to have this discussion in a thread all it's own. First off, Welcome to ATS Gary7MediaTerrorist. I hope everyone here treats you as nicely as you have treated everyone else. I mean that sincerely. I sent you a link to a thread answering your question about why I became a mason. You replied with the information below. I would like to hear your views on why you think I am on the wrong path in your own words and discuss that. And I hope others might join the discussion as well.

Originally posted by Gary7MediaTerrorist
Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Gary7MediaTerrorist

did you get the U2U? is should be the red thing on the bar up top. Click it and use it like e-mail. You need to have 25 posts to send out messages I think.

Thanks for sharing your views and answering my question. I have done a fair amount of digging into the Masons and know them for what they are. My research has not been limited to negative web postings or vicious rumors either. I talked to at least three members on varying levels and was even asked to join myself.
I could launch into some long rant about how & why your organization really worships the devil but as old as I am I know better than to try to feed someone that ain’t hungry. So unless you express some interest in my knowledge, I’ll keep my opinions to myself. When you try to tell people something they didn’t ask- they sometimes get resentful and angry. I may be a MediaTerrorist but I’m no fool and I’m too cool to try to force someone to see something they refuse to. Even Jesus said, and I am paraphrasing, “if they don’t wanna listen, forget ‘em.”
I understand. Everyone ain’t supposed to go to heaven. I’m not necessarily saying you’re one of those people or ain’t one of them, for that matter, but if you follow the wrong paths you can’t help but end up lost.
But hey, its your life. I respect your right to choose.
One day you will learn the final truth about what you are involved in. I just hope its not too late buddy. One more question: Masons have to believe in a “God”. Who is He to you?

First off, I will answer your question. To me, God is the entity who created everything. he lives in my heart and guides me when I let him. he answers me when I talk to him, and I know he loves me. Who is he to you?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Again with the "devil worship"?
I guess, since I have membership with a fairly well-known group that is synonymous with "devil worship" I'll be spending some time on this thread to correct some misnomers.
That is, if you'll accept my help Network Dude.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If your U2U friend happens to show up here I would ask them; what about Masons who do not believe in the Devil/Satan?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I sent Gary a U2U when I started this thread. Hopefully he will stop by. So far, He seems like a nice guy who happens to think differently than I do. perhaps we can change that, or maybe not, but it will be a nice diversion from day to day activities should he arrive.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Pull back folks, remember the frequent claims of gang up on members. Let this be between Network Dude and Gary as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Pull back folks, remember the frequent claims of gang up on members. Let this be between Network Dude and Gary as much as possible.

Precisely.

Sorry Network Dude, but I think all you are trying to do is drag Gary into a fight or convert him because he doesn't see the world as you do.

Although, I don't think you will put a dent or much less a scratch on my new friend Gary, this is nothing more than a trap in my personal opinion.

This just isn't right my friend.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

No, but I do see why you would think that. It has been some time since there was a person in the SS forum with opposing views who actually spoke for himself. I can go to all the fundie websites myself and read all about what the church has to say about masonry. In fact, all I have to do is look back at old threads. Gary seems like a smart person who was very polite. That is a rarity here as I am sure you will agree. My intention is not to provide a place for a gang of masons to pile on a new member, but to have the kind of discussion we used to have here a couple of years ago. While I have no control over any poster here, I have been known to ask people to lighten up when I see them harassing someone. Even fellow masons. And I have been asked the same. From the sound of Gary's opening post, I don't think he is afraid of his views being changed.

And since we are all children of God, I would hope we can all be civil to a degree.

But If Gary doesn't see it like that, all he need do is U2U me and I will not bother him again.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Totally understand.
I believe that you mean well Network Dude. It seems you are about doing the right thing. I do admire that about you.

I'm sure Gary can handle himself.

That being said, carry on friend.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Thank you, and I truly believe we are on the same side.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I sent Gary a U2U when I started this thread. Hopefully he will stop by. So far, He seems like a nice guy who happens to think differently than I do. perhaps we can change that, or maybe not, but it will be a nice diversion from day to day activities should he arrive.

wow. SO sorry I missed you man. I missed you by like 9 mins. Anyway I am gonna peep out the thread! And thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

no problem at all.
I just wanted to make sure you found the link.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I have an appointment now and have to go but I just wanted everyone here to know that I sure am bummed about it! I see a most excellent fray in the making and love nothing more than battle! ...of words...
But being a mediaterrorist is a demanding passtime and my dangerous skills are needed elsewhere at the moment. However busy I may be, I shall NOT pass on this session. Perhaps no minds will change but perhaps some will. At the very least some learning will happen and I am all about that. I am a professor at a university.
No.
Really.
To my new Mason associates, "network dude", "AugustusMasonicus" and "Matthew Dark", those whose alliances still lie in doubt, "DISRAELI" and "RuneSpider", and my new but trusted friend, "Zeus2573", feel free to start without me! I shall return as soon as my prior engagements are satisfied.
Then its on.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

feel free to stop by any time. These things go on for days. We make jokes about free beer and stuff to pass the time. And just to clarify, Matthew Dark is not a mason. he is a good person, and would most certainly be a good mason, but his religious beliefs are not compatible. Have fun at school.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm impartial.
I'm not religious, nor am I a Mason. I also do not begrudge those who are.

Just figured I'd say as much. Personally, I'm hoping this stays polite and friendly. Very few of those on these forums.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Is that a one line post? From a Forum moderator?

But... y'got any extra popcorn?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well, to be perfectly honest, I never said that I wasn't...and my spiritual views are varied to the point that I haven't fully discussed them, nor would I, up here.
But yeah, I'd like to play too!
More than anything, I'm offering my ability to give the "other side of the tracks" perspective.
Don't worry, I promise to be civil and good-natured no matter what.

[note: edited to expand content]

[edit on 4/7/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hi Gary

I am a Freemason, and I would like you to consider my point of view in your argument as well...

I believe that, in order for God to be worshiped globally, by all people, he needs to present Himself in a way which each culture will understand - that fits into their way of thinking.

A Viking would never have accepted the Christian God, because His way is foreign to their culture.

In the old testament, where God seemed slightly less merciful than in the new testament, He needed to present Himself slightly differently than in the new testament, where culture was perhaps more 'civilized' and could better understand the message.

Is it not possible that Zeus and the Christian God were one and the same, because if it were so, this would better fit into God's design of being worshiped by ALL mankind, not simply by Christians, for example?

Yes, this is what I believe. I believe that the God the Vikings, the God of Egypt, the Sun God, and the Christian God are the same God. He simply manifests in different ways to different cultures in order to be worshiped by ALL. Even the Bible says: "Hear, O Israel, the Lord, thy God is one."

Likewise, I believe in the existence of evil. I believe that this evil force also manifests in different ways - in Set to the Egyptians, in Satan to the Christians, in Hades to the ancient Greeks etc. I would never worship such a force, in any of its manifestations. So even though I may believe in a unified God, I don't worship Satan. I also don't know how you might reach this conclusion in my case (as Augustus Masonicus suggested above.).

In the millions of years that humans have lived on this planet, they have worshiped a creator. To think that a group of people that have lived for mere seconds in the history of mankind know the truth (Christians), whereas countless civilizations before were all wrong is absurd in my opinion.

In my opinion, studying only modern religion leads one to atheism, since there is flaw after flaw after flaw. There is and can be only one Creator of the Universe. The God I believe in is truly ancient. He existed before long before Christianity, before the Egyptians, before the Celts. He has been there since the beginning, and all civilizations knew Him. (Adam also did, so how do you account for all the civilizations between Adam and Christians - their pagan God was still the one true God - they just worshiped in a way that their civilizations could understand.) God has been there from the beginning. It must be so, since He is the creator. Once we forget modern religion, and see God as a truly ancient being, that has been acknowledged by countless civilizations before us, then the holes in religion fall away, and we truly begin to understand His nature and become closer to Him.

Important note: These are my own personal views, and not the views of Freemasonry, which does not teach any religion.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Saurus]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Yeeeaaaa...! Oh that's it...

There's that calm... that slight breeze... carrying a scrap of code-- hastily discarded by some careless traveler on the digiscape-- lazily past. Skipping at times on the silicon floor, it unconsciously but fatefully, draws a line betwixt the Characters then is off, disappearing into the stillness.

This is that selah and pause eternity gives before slammings us into the next moment of now.

An edgy stillness crackels in the electrons between them... with the energy only conflict creates. Straight up, It sounds quiet, but it don't feel quiet.

The next sound heard will be thunder.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Hi Gary

I am a Freemason, and I would like you to consider my point of view in your argument as well...

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Saurus]

And with a surprising launch from an en expected observer--!
It's on!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join