It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's advisers will remove religious terms such as "Islamic extremism" from the central document outlining the U.S. national security strategy and will use the rewritten document to emphasize that the United States does not view Muslim nations through the lens of terror, counterterrorism officials said.

The change is a significant shift in the National Security Strategy, a document that previously outlined the Bush Doctrine of preventative war and currently states: "The struggle against militant Islamic radicalism is the great ideological conflict of the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com
www.jihadwat ch.org

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I am torn on this.

In many ways, the more cooperation we nurture from the rest of the world, to include Islamic Countries, the better; on the other hand, we can never forget the threat or the damage done in the name of religious fervor.

Becoming a better world citizen is one thing, but opening us up to more terror attacks is definitely not the way to go and I hope this is not what happens as a result of this move.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I am torn on this.

In many ways, the more cooperation we nurture from the rest of the world, to include Islamic Countries, the better; on the other hand, we can never forget the threat or the damage done in the name of religious fervor.

Becoming a better world citizen is one thing, but opening us up to more terror attacks is definitely not the way to go and I hope this is not what happens as a result of this move.

www.foxnews.com

I was reading your comment in regards to this news, then I thought, Super Moderator, then I thought shouldn't they be more informed, this comment doesn't suggests that, then I went down a little more, then boooom it hit me, FOX news..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

www.jihadwat ch.org

Bigot Website, from bigots, for bigots. Brainless. Sorry excuse for humans. A waste of genetic material and resources of earth.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So what is the conspiracy here? Don't think there is any conspiracy angle to it? Poor material and poorly presented. Are west bank settler extremism known as Jewish extremism? or Popes sodomizing kids known as Christian extremism? Are US soldiers targeting civilians, kids and reporters known as American extremism officially? Nope. Nope no conspiracy here..belongs to BTS

[edit on 7-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

reply to post by oozyism

www.jihadwat ch.org

Bigot Website, from bigots, for bigots. Brainless. Sorry excuse for humans. A waste of genetic material and resources of earth.

That being your opinion don't we need both sides of the coin so we can reach the best of both worlds. Have you never heard the saying that without evil good cannot exist.

Just because you don't like someones thinking or views does not automatically give you the right to slander them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's funny they would do this given that they just expanded the "random searches" from speciffic names to anyone from certain countries.

Talk all PC out of one-side of your mouth while you expand racial/ethnic profiling with the other.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's perfectly understandable given how tied up the Obama administration is dealing with all of those "right wing extremist homegrown terrorists", there just isn't enough resources to handle them and the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Yes and we have this in our own backyard with nothing being done about it while the Islamofascist in the White House worries about AMERICANS who want their Constitutional government back.

familysecuritymatters.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the way i see it, is that the President Øbama staff & advisers are
ratchetting down the American Zionist stance on American Policy.

standing down, is not 'humble pie' or being a 'milktoast' as the
thugs in the wings of political clout want to Spin things now, that
Øbama is in power...

if he's ( Øbama) right, all well and good...if he's doing a wrong turn,
well he's trying something even if its wrong...
the use of less inflamatory language re. some Islamists is of little consequence when the US & NATO forces are all over central Asia
(bordering both Iran or China, with strategic forces)
Perhaps the less rehetorical & abrasive the diplomatic languge, the less visible are the western operations in Afghan, Georgia, Chechnya, Khazak...
and Paki (stans= 1/2 dozen or so)

top drawer Fluff, imho

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is definitely a disturbing development. I can't wait for the new definition of who our enemies really are? There aren't many groups who want to wipe the Western Culture off the face of the map.

I wake up every morning only to find that Obama has further upset the applecart yet again. A few more apples on the wrong side and we will lose it all.

The passage of HCR has clearly emboldened him to advance his notion of rebuilding this country in a way that suits the desires of the progressives who are calling the shots.

There will be on hell of a mess to fix in 2013 if there is anything left of the country to repair.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This makes sense to me. We need to focus on terrorism groups, not religions. There is no reason to pain a whole religion as a terrorist religion. While painting Islam as a terrorist group does appease the conservatives who need a good versus bad guy scenario where Christianity is the hero, this does nothing to actually decrease terrorism.

As we have seen over the years not all terrorists are Muslim. From the Oklahoma City bombing to the plane crashing into the Austin IRS building, acts are being done by those who are neither Muslim nor foreigners.

No way am I saying that all of Islam is innocent. There are factions that are truly dangerous to the western world, but they do not represent all of Islam. Much in the way the abortion doctor killing Christians do not represent all of Christianity. These danersou groups are the ones that need the focus.

The U.S. government should not be involved in the age old religious wars. The days of the Crusades are long over. The focus should be on the reality of the situation, not racism and hatred.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
For those taking issue with the sources.

Is AP acceptable?

MyWay News (AP) - Not all terrorism: Obama tries to change subject

Maybe a Turkish news?

Today's Zaman - Obama bans Islam, jihad from US security strategy

I found in several other sources as well - but they share one thing in common. They all are basically running the exact same AP story word for word. How about that?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by Kaploink

Last week when the administration decided to profile on country of origin or country visited rather than by speciffic name and now by removing "religious extremist" from the criteria Obama has effectively increased the size of what can be considered "enemy" 100 fold.

Under the new system, passengers on flights from all countries could be subject to special screening before boarding if they have personal characteristics that match the latest intelligence information about potential attackers, the official said.

"We believe it is a much more effective system," that is "tailored to optimize our ability to interdict would-be terrorists," said the senior official, who described the plan in return for anonymity.

Even U.S. citizens travelling to the United States from abroad who matched the characteristics would be subject to special screening, the official said. Administration officials said the system would not amount to improper profiling because by relying on specific and frequently updated intelligence and broadening the number of countries covered beyond the current 14 provided for greater fairness than the current system.

www.latimes.com...

But it's all good because they arent focusing on fundie nutjobs. Well, who knows what their "terrorist profile" consists of but at least we're being told it's not specifically fundie nutjobs.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is probably just a subtle way to say that they will be focusing on domestic threats more seriously. Alex Jones should be incandescent with apoplectic rage on his show today! I can't wait for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think it's a good thing. Not to appease anyone, but to expand watchfulness to include ANYONE, of ANY religion or no religion, who would threaten our country or the citizens of our country, even citizens of our country! Constricting the thought to Islam or religious extremism leaves out the extremists of other ilks that would cause harm to us.

The second benefit is that it helps our relationship with the rest of the world if one group or religion doesn't feel like they're being targeted. Bush was all about targeting Islam, but that's because he needed that mindset to justify his wars. But we all know that these wars are a sham and it's time to move on.

There's no reason to have these politically and emotionally charged words and ideas in our national security strategy.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I would expect no less from the leader of the Islamic/Muslim world.

Allah Akbar indeed.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can be naive sometimes - perhaps the "hidden agenda" isn't to soften policy or stand down other than in the tone of or rhetoric. Seems to me that to ignore the ideological emotive rhetoric (BLAME) makes good sense on the talking points. Just my 2c. but in this context it does make sense to me to quit feeding the frenzied in policy statements. Seems like there might be good usage to express our policy in more humane terms.

gj

edit add: In the field the results may end up the same, just because you can walk the walk doesn't mean you have to talk the talk that's all.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Really?Your rational is unbelievable!Would you like us to just give our Nukes to Iran and save them the trouble of making their own too?They would probably be so thankful they wold give us free oil for being so nice.

If some one raped your daughter ,would you call them a rapist?No you would call them a well intentioned suitor with poor timing.

If someone killed your son,would you call them a murderer?No you would call them a well intentioned life expediter.

Why don't you move to one of these countries you hypocrite?
Oh yeah you wouldn't be able to spout your ridiculous ideas there would you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join