It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lucus video and text presentation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I'm going soften this, dont feel like using the same word you used. You come on a thread and arbitrarily call everyone's posts who participate meaningless/pointless and reject all information with your opinions, and dominate the entire piece, which wasnt written by you, wiht no respect for the author of the thread or the opinons of others, who dont share you viewpoint but must allow you to to continually post without content, without contributing in any meaningful way. We have a right to seek those threads that interest us, and I suggest you find ones you can contribute meaningfully on yourself. Don't you think its a little like cyber bullying? I hope you can see that others have a different opinion and think a little before you post.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If he lives in california, then he can be fined or jailed for cyber-bullying.

I lol'd at that when I heard it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You give a glowing endorsement of material and yet you know nothing about it. If you understood the material and agreed with it so much, then surely you must know something about the material and understand its supposed veracity.

So here is a thread about material which I see as a compilation of misrepresentations in almost all ways. I post strong evidence showing that the material is a misrepresentation and all I hear is whining.

Examples of whining:

1. "open your mind" aka stop checking to see if the claims are false
  2. "anything is possible" - not true. We can check to see if some claims are possible. We can demonstrate that some claims are impossible.
  3. relying on vibes for confirmation
  4. now cyber-bullying

On the last issue, I see the demands for me to step out of threads instead of trying to add to the thread as a plausible case for cyber bullying. What do you do unity99? You make claims or support other claims. If I disagree you start to make demands that I go away. Hmmm. Sound to me like the words of a bully. I don't ask people to leave. I ask them to support their claims. You might have a problem with that because it seems you can't.

As far as statements made here I am waiting to see info from NASA about fireball frequencies.

So far the tally is:
1. Norway spiral misrepresented
2. Petroglyph claims misrepresented
3. Dates and events misrepresented
4. IRAS misrepresented
5. fireball frequencies wrong

Lucus' presentation sure is a lot of misrepresentation.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Comet 'Honda' to Impact Earth August 2011!

The message from the ancients is comets dont have to come close to be dangerous and cause cataclym. And somewhere I read that when this came close to Venus, two meteors flung out of the tail/debris cloud.

Law of Consequence if we allow the leaders, puppets to the the S group, to send us off to murderous wars and if we turn a blind eye to inequality and starvation in this world.

Time to wake up and shine our lights. No wonder the war machine is up and running in full force now.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Keep trying to get onto the rabbits hole
website but it always says the lights are out
and the site isnt working... why is this??

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

rabbithole2.com...
Rabbit hole 2.

This one works.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thanks

hmm was going to say il have a good read of this, but the first thing I see is 'buy the whole presentation on dvd'.... guess it wont hurt to have a read of the site.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Don't need to buy anything, there are good videos on youtube too. And the presentation is there in the documents. Many pages and links to click on.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Definitely take anything on the website or the videos with a grain of salt and realize that most of it is in the fiction section. It's a lot of misrepresentation of the facts. So when Lucus all I am giving you is the facts think and realize that what he is just said are his opinions and that little if any factual information has been provided.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Comet 'Honda' to Impact Earth August 2011!

That's a flat out lie isn't it!

This is the same misrepresentation that makes the Lucus presentation so detestable. There is not going to be an impact. This comet is going to pass 0.06AU from the Earth. In solar system terms this is what amounts to a good view of a comet.

45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova

This very same comet passed within 0.09AU of the Earth in 2006 and will do the same in 2017.

And somewhere I read that when this came close to Venus, two meteors flung out of the tail/debris cloud.

Anyone that knows even an iota, a skosh, or a smidgen about astronomy knows that meteor showers happen when the Earth passes through a comet's tail. Two? Are you claiming just 2 pieces came out of the tail? How about millions of bits of debris!

[url=http://meteorshowersonline.com/what_is.html]What is a meteor shower?[/ur]

Although there are meteoroids that are orbiting the sun alone, there are other meteoroids that are traveling in a cloud of meteoroids. This later group is moving within the orbit of a comet or an extinct comet. Astronomers discovered back in the 19th century that comets shed particles every time they passed close to the sun. There are some comets whose orbits are located very close to the orbit of Earth and, at certain times each year, Earth passes through a cloud of particles, which results in a meteor shower.

No wonder my wacko meter is pegged at such a high number.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am now curious what side of politics does stereo follow?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

It seems that once again you can't support the failed misrepresentations of Lucus and so now you ask irrelevant questions. It's much easier to wonder about the person that finds it so easy to demonstrate the lack of truthfulness in the Lucus presentations than it is to do actual research to see if there is any merit to the claims of Lucus. Maybe you have done extensive research and come up empty handed. That is what you would get after checking on the claims on Lucus: only evidence showing the underhandedness of his presentations.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

must be a far-right conservative or a far-left liberal. Maybe both? *shivers*

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well its like this on many threads, and I don't understand why. Its like ATS according to stereo, and we all know what that forum would read like, "nothing to see, move along boys and girls".

I see that there is probably a comet coming really close to earth, possibly Honda, aug 11, 2011. The projectory is dismissed, there are two dangers, one pertains to meteors coming from the tail, the other is that, orbits are rough, not pinpointed. They are affected by planets and the sun, and the sun is waking up now.

spaceplace.nasa.gov...

Because the comets are much smaller and lighter than planets, they are easily pulled this way and that by the gravity of the planets (or, in some cases, even by stars). ...

Light and other radiation from the Sun push on the gas and dust in the coma, blowing the material away to form a tail that can be millions of kilometers long. Now imagine you are wearing a scarf on a windy day. The direction the scarf blows does not depend upon the direction you are walking -- all that matters is the direction the wind is blowing. The tail of a comet is the same...

We already know that the comets are so light that the planets yank their orbits around, sending them just about every direction in the solar system. But still another force acts on comets. When gases inside the nucleus expand under the heat of the Sun, they often shoot through holes or weak spots in the crust of the nucleus, like the steam coming through the hole in a tea pot. The expanding gas and dust escape in jets, having the same effect as thrusters on a spacecraft. This force, like letting the air out of a balloon, will change the comet's path, making its orbit hard for astronomers to predict precisely.

The way the skeptics post so aggressively without any semblance of courtesy or following rules, means that what they are so opposed to discussing must be critical information, and there is a real effort being to suppress it.

I always look closely to where this clamp down is happening.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

must be a far-right conservative or a far-left liberal. Maybe both? *shivers*

Far right and far left meet at the same place...it's called tyranny.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Why don't you post something to support the failed misrepresentations and lies of Lucus? Because you can't. Instead you ask questions of the person that so easily has pointed to the failures of the Lucus presentation.

The tally is:
1. IRAS data purposely misrepresented
2. Petroglyphs misrepresented
3. dates fabricated
4. fireball claims false
6. Norway spiral misrepresented

With all of the possible choices to try and salvage the Lucus presentations you cannot. No one should look at his junk - ever if his ardent supporters realize that his claims are indefensible.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Its like ATS according to stereo

If you had anything to post in support of Lucus you would, but you can't. You would know that Lucus has perpetrated a fraud by now, but your close minded approach prevents you from accepting the evidence.

The projectory is dismissed, there are two dangers, one pertains to meteors coming from the tail, the other is that, orbits are rough, not pinpointed. They are affected by planets and the sun, and the sun is waking up now.

Now that is a good and correct write up. Bravo. Much better than your previous claim that the comet would impact Earth which I showed you was not possible. Thanks for agreeing.

The way the skeptics post so aggressively without any semblance of courtesy or following rules, means that what they are so opposed to discussing must be critical information, and there is a real effort being to suppress it.

This is a falsehood. Here you go and spoil a good post with a ridiculous opinion.

As I have pointed out in many posts on ATS comets are harder to predict. The exact orbits are tricky although the orbits are predictable within some known precision. For instance in this case there are predictions of the proximity of this comet to Earth for many orbits of the comet. Will it hit Earth? No. Are the meteor showers a danger? Could be, but we pass through meteor showers every year that are due to the remnants of comets.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

Far right and far left meet at the same place...it's called tyranny.

That has to be the prize for crazy claims! It fits right in there with the wacko claims of the Lucus presentations. It's a wacko opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Lucus try to pass this off as fact. That is his MO. He makes up wacko stories and then says something like all I'm doing is giving you facts, now you decide.

For those that want to see what some political scientists think about the meeting of the far left and far right check this out.
Horseshow Theory

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

Before Lucus ran away he promised to post information supporting his presentations. Instead of showing us evidence of his claims he has resorted to a continuous list of ad hominem attacks that the mods might consider cleaning up.

Regardless, the fact is that Lucus, alias austexdude, has made yet another wild eyed claim about an increase in fireballs. He said he'd provide a NASA document that supported his position. So far he has not. Having watched how he posts it is clear that he will never provide the evidence. There is no NASA paper.
Lucus simply:
1. makes a false claim.
2. promises to find the document he assures everyone exists
3. never comes back and hopes that people accept his lie as truth

The amazing thing, at least to me, is that thousands of fireballs streak into the Earth every day. Only a few are seen and reported in the papers. It's an amazing world out there folks so check it out.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join