It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally joining in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What's up ATS. I'm 18 and have been "lurking" this site for about 4-5 years now. Much more frequently in the past year or so. It seems everytime i go through a thread, there's nothing much to add because everything's been said. Either that or my reply would have to be well sourced, which of course takes some time. However, i know i should contribute to the threads and I'm looking forward to creating some threads when i hit the 20 post mark.

There's alot of very intelligent people here on ATS. Other than the trolls, and some occasional ignorant members, i feel that we have some of the most intelligent minds gathered here exposing the truths behind many subjects. While i feel that many people in the world are waking up, i feel that the MSM and the whole government as a whole is still doing a great job making us the crazy ones.

I think that protests and things as such like the Tea Party movement, are basically giving them ways to portray you as a conspiricay nut or crazy. All people see on TV is people rioting, along whichever bias new station is giving the story. Alot of people spend alot of time here arguing, holding them back from learning some valuable things. As most ATS members do, we should be working to gain knowledge, not build your ego by trying to change somebodies firm beliefs. With all the work here put forth to make some very credible threads, i feel that we as ATS should all organize alot of this information so a lay man can easily see the wrongs of TPTB. My idea was to compose essays, and speechs for example.

(continued)
[edit on 7-4-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Welcome and a word to the wise please break up the posts it makes them easier to read I could only get about half in before my eyes bugged out. And I would love to hear what you have to say.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Welcome Good Intentions,

I'd agree with Subjective Truth on breaking up the paragraphs a touch just to make them a bit easier to read. Overall though I share a similar mindset when it comes to us being frustrated by what is called 'news' or 'programming' as it just doesn't cut the mustard.

Have you second star from me, make sure you read the rules and such and have a great time here!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
(continued)

In addition to giving these speeches around our local towns, we could use social networking to spread the truth. If even one person made a very credible and easy to understand essay, and made a facebook group or posted it on their status, it would have a good chance of waking many people up. Now if we all worked together, i feel that we can make a difference. I plan on giving speeches at my college on various subjects from this website. They have speech competitions every so often going on so, maybe make some money while informing the public who have come to judge the speeches.

One thing i have taken from Plato in Philosophy class is his idea of a community of philosophers overseeing the government. I feel that we are all philosopher's in a way here as we seek truth and love knowledge, and it would be an Ideal State of people of like mind were to oversee all the powers, in order to make sure they are ethical and moral in their actions. The idea here for Plato is that these people would be payed average, and they would have no choice but to be in this position, so that it isnt something those money craving people would want to do. Not saying thats exactly how it should go, but a good start, as i think that if we as ATS had full athourity on the world today, we would solve many of our problems within the next year, rather than bicker and knowingly create more problems in the name of power and money like our current leaders so maturely handle the world, and their much trusted positions.

Sorry for the rant, i just wanna point out how much can be done if we all actually do something outside ATS, rather than just adding more and more information to prove well proven topics. We have a vault of knowledge here and its time we start gettin them out. I say this all with truly good intentions, and if theirs any faults in any of my ideas, it gives me a chance to build some new perceptions.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Welcome, and yes, I am the most intelligent mind gathered here.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Haha sorry guys didn't plan on writing an intro that long. Just split it into two. Didn't think about breakin it up till Subjective pointed it out...will keep in mind for future reference.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
While my understanding is that your intentions are good, I'm not really understanding what you are saying. You're 18 years old and have been on the site for 4-5 years without posting because everything has been said. Yet, you want to spread the truth through social networking. What truth do you wish to spread? You must first seek truth. And I mean You, not We.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

Also I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. Paragraphs are good things and should be used just like spellcheck. I only say this to help and not hurt. You want your points to be well written because alot of people read them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
While my understanding is that your intentions are good, I'm not really understanding what you are saying. You're 18 years old and have been on the site for 4-5 years without posting because everything has been said. Yet, you want to spread the truth through social networking. What truth do you wish to spread? You must first seek truth. And I mean You, not We.

I can see how that came out confusing. What i ment was that in some threads, the issues i would have pointed out have been said already. In some other threads, i feel that i would need to provide alot of evidence in order to get my point across, so i procrastinate. I don't mean spread the truth only through social networking, that was just an example. Through sites such as facebook, where many people don't visit ATS, we could open up others to asking questions. When i say spread the truth i mean too uncover corruptness. I know i have seeked enough truth to give my opinions, wether it be in this subject or others, however we all could always learn a little more. If what i said implies I am a lazy 18 year old, I am far from that. I have two jobs, go to college full time, and spent most of my free time learning all i can about the world. I am not claiming to be all knowing, however i feel that i have something to add.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Yea i guess i did haha. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Hi Good Intentions, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Welcome Good Intentions...my post was meant to challenge your thinking, not to be negative. Actually, I was trying to help...Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ibiubu, I always appreiciate a good challenge and thank you for your help. I'm sorry if i took your post as negative, however i was not trying to offend you or anything. I was just trying to clear up a little what i said in my original post, because I know that i just rambled alot and it may appear as if my thoughts are very unorganized. I also apologize to the moderators if this thread is leaning more toward a topic than an introduction. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself by stating the goals I would like to accomplish by joining ATS.

P.S. Ibiubu, I didn't mean that you specifically thought i was lazy. I was just trying to express to everyone that while I intend to "spread the truth" I am very busy with my schedule, and need to work time into my schedule in order to organize, and contribute my thoughts. I'd rather take the time to create a well thought out post, in order to avoid confusion.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

cool hi! I hope you enjoy reading on the site

top topics

join