It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Butterfly Effect vs. Donnie Darko

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I loved both of these movies and noticed alot of reviews compare them to each other but I was wondering...which one did you guys like more and why?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not seen The Butterfly Effect yet when i do ill let you know but i think donnie would win everytime.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So I just saw Butterfly Effect and I have to say that I was pleasently surprised as I was expecting very little from the likes of Aston Kutcher (sp?). Definately a good movie even if it was a bit disturbing although I would not place it above Donnie Darko.

If you are going to rent Butterfly Effect and only have time to watch one version then watch the directors cut before the theatrical version as the ending is MUCH better.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
If you are going to rent Butterfly Effect and only have time to watch one version then watch the directors cut before the theatrical version as the ending is MUCH better.

Great advice!
I'm going to do that.

I appreciate this thread because I kind of make lists of what I want to see by themes, then wait and rent three or four at a time (which is really fun for mobster movies).

But the DD, BE combo sounds good. What else goes with it? I just got in the mood for time travel watching Frequency recently. How is that movie about the guy that goes back to medieval times or something? Not the Martin Lawrence comedy Black Knight
...the recent sci fi one? I'm terrible with names.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Haven't seen the butterfly effect, but i've just brought Donnie Darko a few days ago and i have to say its an excellent film
i recommend it

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
How is that movie about the guy that goes back to medieval times or something? Not the Martin Lawrence comedy Black Knight

You mean Timeline? I really have not had the urge to see it, but who know.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i have to say i liked donnie darko allot better than the butteryfly effect, i think darko is allot more disturbing than b e!!
now that were are on the subject of disturbing! has anyone seen Breakfast Of Champions!!!! that is one of my favorite films. if you have not seen this one, check it out!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Another one that would fit into the DD/BE category is Identity. Very worth watching!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
How is that movie about the guy that goes back to medieval times or something? Not the Martin Lawrence comedy Black Knight

Timeline. I saw that one when it came out and I was pleasantly disappointed. It's ok for a Sunday afternoon or something like that...but not a great movie.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
DD creeped me out, but I really liked the premise. Butterfly Effect had the right idea, there were just parts of the movie that left me asking "Why Did he do that? He'd a been ok if he didn't do that"
Timeline was ok. I would rent it, or wait for it to come out on HBO or Starz! or something like that. I rented it for 99 cents. it was worth that.
Identity was awesome!! I saw that movie and asked for it for Christmas immediately. Defintely see this movie...It had me guessing the whole time and the ending was a shocker. Liked it, liked it, liked it......

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It is bizzare that I stumbled across this because I just watched it last night.

Limited Theatrical release of Donnie Darko: Director's Cut on July 23rd.

movies.yahoo.com...

Here is a better article:

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
So I just saw Butterfly Effect and I have to say that I was pleasently surprised as I was expecting very little from the likes of Aston Kutcher (sp?). Definately a good movie even if it was a bit disturbing although I would not place it above Donnie Darko.

I cant take Aston Kutcher seriously after Dude wheres my Car?? but i did see this movie and i too was surprised by his performance he did rather well, i was expecting him to break out with a "dude..........." during the movie but i gotta give the guy credit.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well to be honest i was disappointed with both movies, but Donnie Darko is much better than the Butterfly Effect.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Jake Gyhllynahl (sp?) is a much better actor than Austin Kutcher or whatever his name is... He did an admirable job in TDAT given the script that he had to work with...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ashton on a serious movie just doesn't make sense. I feel that it's a comedy whenever I see Ashton on any show. Jake is to me, a much hell of a better actor than ashton. Donnie Darko is my all time favorite, not Butterfly effect.

They both trying to change something from happening, ended messing themselves up. It's fun seeing guys mess things up like they always do

new topics

top topics

join