It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 huge Earthquakes, 3 big disruptions in magnetosphere!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So, think with me.
With what happens if we interfere with the magnetic field of a fridge magnet or a dynamo.
It might move, if another critical magnetic influence is exerted.

Solar flares disrupt the magnetic field, albeit slightly.

Therefore I think a huge and immense solar storm would certainly disrupt not only the Earth magnetic field and cause some "shaking" (earthquakes) but it would also cause a physical shift of the poles.

I am not saying it will happen. Not even that it is likely.
Other stars have shown that huge flares are possible. Our Sun seems more peaceful, but we cannot dismiss that possibility. However from geological, biological evidence, there seems to be no evidence of physical pole shifts.

Nearly all mass extinctions were caused by meteor impacts.
If pole shifts would happen, they would have to move the entire planet, not only a crustal displacement (because of the evidence of volcanic hot spots being in same place for millions of years). And it would probably be so small or slowly, because as I said most mass extinctions were linked to meteor impacts, so at most they would only cause minor extinctions. And again, I don't think a pole shift will happen. My concern would be more for social changes, political changes, and climatic changes.
edit on 16-12-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by segurelha

I am so glad I found this site yesterday. ;-) If I am crazy, then at least I"m not alone. You guys are loaded with a lot of solid information and I applaud you. With that said let me also say that I totally agree, although I am no scientist I do educate myself frequently in regards to matters that interest me. Living in Tennessee, recently began researching Earthquakes because of the swarm in Arkansas. Thanks be to the one who created this site and all the cool and informative people that make it a whole! Love it!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join