It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Virus Grows Within

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

The quality or state of being actual or true

www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
oh im so sorry i meant your own words...
cause i get the impression that something that does not add up, you send them down the road as nuts, nut cases or whatever word of that type you impress your self with.

/facepalm

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Let's say that you're right. Let's say there is no undertone of complaining in this thread and that we are merely observing a rising in cult activity on ATS. Like I said earlier, you aren't going to stop cultists. All a "call to sanity" does is make those who don't believe in 2012 feel better about themselves and those who do believe in 2012 get pissed off, come in this thread, and complain. Until 2012 happens, there's no point in believing either which way 100%. For all we know, these crazy cultists can be right, and there is a massive disinfo campaign being waged all over the place to discredit any and all people who believe in 2012; on the same coin, there could be a disinfo campaign to make those who believe in 2012 conspiracy theories out to be absolute nuts by believing in information that is completely fraudulent.

Calling 2012 a "fantasy" and completely shutting your mind to the possibility by calling it a "virus that needs to be addressed" is tomfoolery. There is nothing to be addressed. 2012 will come, 2012 will go, and one way or the other, it will end. Until 2012 comes, all people on ATS can do is debunk the threads as they pop up, and when 2012 is over, all the Nibiru cultists will die off quickly. Until then, nothing else can be done, and making comfort threads is not "denying ignorance."

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

What doesn't add up is that some are hell bent on blaming every single Light in the sky or Earthquake on HAARP or Nibiru without actually researching or providing any evidence of any sort.

To just go on every thread related to this and say "HAARP has been working again", or " this unexplained light is Nibiru" provides no basis for a good discussion, it just frustrates people.

Like i've already said, (and i'll say it once more for ya before I hit the hay), i'm quite open to hear evidence regarding HAARP and i'm very interested that there may be an unknown planetery body out there, but to just mention it willynilly at every oppertunity does not particularly interest me in the slightest.

Time for bed now. I'll leave this now for the OP to get a word in edgeways!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Yes, I did mention 2012, but I mentioned it in the context of Nibiru. (and the fact I dont believe the two are related)

2012 interests me a lot from the Mayan perspective and if you look at some of my older threads you will see it's a subject I enjoy.

got to go.zzzzzzzzz....

oh and i did not say

virus that needs to be addressed

I think you are quoting someone else.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The problem is not so much 2012 but Nbiru itself as the 2 aren't related.

2012 will come and go.

The Nbiru cultists don't rely solely on 2012.

That's where the problem lies, in my opinion, and thats where the lies start stemming. But like I said, if you don't see a problem then by all means ignore it.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I can understand where you are comming from SERBSTA with the NEMISIS issues but in reality many people do REALLY believe something CELESTIAL will encounter the EARTH in the near future. I can understand why so many who attach themselves to the idea of an INCOMMING event are so ENERGIZED to the topic, its nice to IMAGINE something NEW to the current reality may be about to interact with the current global society.

In many sci fi movies you see these types of situations occure which further proves how effective these types of thoughts are to the WORLD.
Now many may be hoping for some type of RAPTURE to occure or FLESH INVITE and many may be in fear of what my be a negative interaction with HUMANITY which one can understand.

I guess my point is there is information related to CELESTIAL INCOMMING EVENTS from the past from various ethnic backgrounds and also from various religious text so to COMPLETLY IGNORE the potential INCOMMING EVENT may be shorting yourself a little on what may be soon to come.

Me personally I just gather information from RELIGIOUS TEXT from around the world and CERTAIN SCIENTIFIC DATA and I still for one cannot ignore the possibility that something may be comming to pay EARTH A VISIT. Here is some information I have posted multiple times on ATS just to let some who may question the possibility know that CELESTIAL EVENTS DO OCCURE ON A GLOBAL SCALE OF DESTRUCTION. This is information from the KOLBRIN BIBLE read into it yourself and SEE enjoy.

Newly Revealed Egyptian-Celtic Wisdom Text Offers the Knowledge of Those Who Survived Past Global Catastrophes — So We Can Live!

Millennia ago, Egyptian and Celtic authors recorded prophetic warnings for the future and their harbinger signs are now converging on 2012. These predications are contained in The Kolbrin Bible, a secular wisdom text studied in the days of Jesus and lovingly preserved by generations of Celtic mystics in Great Britain.

Nearly as big as the King James Bible, this 3600-year old text warns of an imminent, Armageddon-like conflict with radical Islam, but this is not the greatest threat.

The authors of The Kolbrin Bible predict an end to life as we know it, by a celestial event. It will be the return of a massive space object, in a long elliptical orbit around our sun. Known to the Egyptians and Hebrews as the "Destroyer," the Celts later called it the “Frightener."

Manuscripts 3:4 When blood drops upon the Earth, the Destroyer will appear, and mountains will open up and belch forth fire and ashes. Trees will be destroyed and all living things engulfed. Waters will be swallowed up by the land, and seas will boil.

Manuscripts 3:5 The Heavens will burn brightly and redly; there will be a copper hue over the face of the land, ‘followed by a day of darkness. A new moon will appear and break up and fall.

Manuscripts 3:6 The people will scatter in madness. They will hear the trumpet and battlecry of the Destroyer and will seek refuge within dens in the Earth. Terror will eat away their hearts, and their courage will flow from them like water from a broken pitcher. They will be eaten u in the flames of wrath and consumed by the breath of the Destroyer.

Manuscripts 3:10 In those days, men will have the Great Book before them; wisdom will be revealed; the few will be gathered for the stand; it is the hour of trial. The dauntless ones will survive; the stouthearted will not go down to destruction.

The Destroyer is also known today as Wormwood, Nibiru, Planet X and Nemesis. There are also troubling prophetic correlations to the future predictions of Mother Shipton's "Fiery Dragon" and the "Red Comet" warning of the Mayan Calendar 2012. While these future predictions are uncertain at best, is it possible for us to know about the Destroyer's previous flybys with a great degree of certainty.

THIS MAY BE MORE SERIOUS THEN MANY WISH TO EXCEPT BUT THIS IS AN OUTTA BOX THINKER SITE RIGHT!
oh yea and why all the D.U.M.B.S. GLOBALLY????just a thought for you my friends.

[edit on 4/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by serbsta

I can understand where you are comming from SERBSTA with the NEMISIS issues but in reality many people do REALLY believe something CELESTIAL will encounter the EARTH in the near future.

Once again the opening post is being misread. This has nothing to do with the hypothesized 'Nemesis'. This is in regards to Nibru specifically and how from one tainted theory others are spun into it to make a completely fallacious whole (2012/Nibru/Annunaki/etc.). From this tainted theory people spread nonsensical 'facts' about what they think they see and deflect any evidence to the contrary as being a conspiracy by the academics to deceive them. Just click the recent posts button and see how many annunaki/Nibru threads there are which are spreading the exact same message, full of total dis-info, sucking people into a web full of lies.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Ok serbsta you do know I was mentioning NIBIRU AS NEMISIS RIGHT but who knows my friend just wait and see and as the EARTH CONTINUES TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING IS EFFECTING IT YOU WILL EVENTUALLY UNDERSTAND..The EARTH does seem to be a little more ACTIVE WITH NATURAL EVENTS right, so mabey they are just happining now around when ancients predicted them to for nothing AS LONG AS THERE IS NO VOLCANO CHAIN OF EVENTS WHO KNOWS. NON THE LESS NICE THREAD WE WILL FIND OUT EVENTUALLY

S&F

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by serbsta

The EARTH does seem to be a little more ACTIVE WITH NATURAL EVENTS right,

No... how'd you come to that conclusion?

Have you examined all global seismic data for the last 100 years? I think if you did you would find that we're actually in a quiet period and that it is hardly out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the reply, but this is just another fine example of myths that continually get added to the Nibru cultist tumble-weed, no dis-repsect to you.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
the end-of-the-world mentality was possibly even more prevalent 2000 years ago and makes for the perfect setting for a messiah (or false messiah) to appear.
is that what's happening now?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

It is the mentality which is a problem.

Telling people its ok to accept these thing as facts when there is no proof.

Telling people that everyone is working against them to prevent them from learning the 'truth'.

Building on complete lies in order create a more 'solid' story.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Some of the posts in this thread are a prime example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't know too much about the specific cult you are talking about, but I do know that if it is anywhere near as dangerous as the cult of Scientology, it needs to be stopped immediately. That false religion has harmed thousands, and the conspiracies abound concerning lives they may have snuffed out just to line their pockets.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just to say I heartily agree with the OP here, although - I'd give a little more creedence to HAARP, at least we know that is in existence, although the jury is out on what it's for...

Surprised that no one has mentioned indigos yet... shi...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Kudos to the OP for a timely post

There is a culture within ATS that encourages uncritical acceptance of what Phage referred to as "Bad Science".

It's ironic that ATS's motto of 'denying ignorance' get so dexterously turned inside out and used to chastise those who seek to defend the conventions of science.

If you try to cite NASA, you're accused of being a lackey or dis-info agent, or even gullible.

"Denying Ignorance" has taken on a whole new meaning for many at ATS, who see it as a mantra to invoke against common sense and solid, verifiable, scientific research.

That is indeed a dangerous path to start down.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You guys just need to keep doing your jobs then. (And I say "jobs" only in that you seem qualified to act in this manner)

I read these stories to keep up on what the current iterations of the conspiracies are. To me that's the whole point of this site, to allow people to propose theories and to hear counterarguments. If I wanted to read one side, I'd go to one of the many sites dedicated to Nibiru, or the illuminati, or what have you.

But I come to ATS because I want to allow for new ideas, and I also want to see them put to the test.

I can understand your frustration, but if you are tired of banging your head against a wall then take a rest.

"People are flocking to a new theory that proposes an external entity that will come and change the entire planet. Some will be saved; most will perish. It has been prophesied and an elite few mortals have the truth."

And you're tired JUST of Nibiru because it lacks sense or facts? I dare say that there are more dangerous cults following less logic to an apocolypse they seem determined to see through.

I say keep up the fight good sirs!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I could not agree more. The ONLY evidence of planet X/Nibiru is that astronomers THEORIZE, due to observations, that SOMETHING else exists in our solar system and is much closer now than it was. They don't know what it is, they don't know when or if it will come close enough for us to view, and they certainly do not know if it is a planet; one astronomer theorized it was a brown dwarf about the size of Jupiter, a companion star that failed to ignite.

I agree with that more than any other theory given the number of binary star systems so close to us. Anyway, Nibiru can be made to fit in any theory, it is literally like the higgs bosom particle; it is a theory that can be used to explain any other theory. I think the "Nibiru Assumption" as I call it, is really the epitome of grasping at straws.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Great Post!
I have to agree that people are getting to caught up in the hype of 2012. We need people like you who post these "slap in the face" threads. It is very easy to let your imagination take over when presented with tid bits of fact and lies. 2012 will come and go not soon enough! ...oh, and it is funny how all these 2012ers want your money for some BS book or lecture. Get real.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I don't believe in Nibiru, but I think it's a fun story line. I don't really buy the HAARP thing either but... *shrug* It's interesting to read sometimes.

You are entitled to your opinion and so are they. 'Deny ignorance' is a sweeping statement subject to interpretation.

Personally, I think it's your responsibility to monitor how you respond to these things (you could ignore them, for example) and not their responsibility to meet your expectations based on nothing but your very subjective interpretation of a catch phrase. Life is too short to waste throwing a fit and demanding that everyone else comply with your world view. It never gets very far anyway... Wasted effort really... But I strongly suspect that every word I type to you now is the equivalent of p***ing down a hole as well... So...

You may find it annoying, but I find the fact that you started an entire thread trying to rally opposition and force some groups in the community to comply to your wishes annoying. So, I'll reply to you, but I won't call in a moderator, or attempt to create a social counter point to pressure you to not voice your opinion. But, I will tell you I think you're wrong to even attempt this sort of manipulation.

Put another way...

It's my personal opinion that you should lighten up and get over it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join