It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Leaked video reveals chaos of Baghdad attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Obviously you're under the impression that wikileaks is a front OR rather, wikileaks spins things the way they want. Looking at this video objectively, there are no weapons, only civilians. The military men saw what they wanted. The government covered it up as quietly as possible (for example, one general says they couldn't go in with the tanks becasue there were too many bodies, yet the video shows the soldiers laughing as they crush bodies). So. You call this propoganda. You can be right. But, it exposes the situation for what it really is and so, I support the way it is influencing my opinion on the sitaution, rather than the opinion CNN is trying to shape me into.

Also, bringing "context" to this, if this is one of the worst parts of Baghdad, shooting at civilians in the area isn't going to exactly win people over and if you are 800 ft in the air and undetectable as the analyst suggests, you should probably be sure in what you're doing, and that falls on the guys on the ground too.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Somehow, I can't believe that these pilots could have been confused about the intentions of the people they were surveilling prior to the attack. To look at the video, it's obvious that they're not combatants.

Obvious not combatants?

mypetjawa.mu.nu...

Hmmm.....that first clip shows a dude with an RPG.

You need to actually look at your evidence next time. It clearly says "RPG?"

Do you see the question mark? Do you understand what that indicates?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

You need to actually do some research next time.

How about this? An RPG-7

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
You didn't read the report. The Army admits there was no RPG recovered nor were any of the dead found to be in possession of RPG's. RPG's were being fired from another part of the city. If you were seeing it, it's because you wanted to see it.

Nope, it was pointed out as an RPG and it looks like the ones I've seen in person.

Sorry 'bout that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You need to actually do some research next time.

How about this? An RPG-7

en.wikipedia.org...

That does exactly what to change the fact that the blurry picture is clearly labeled with a question mark? Please explain how you even addressed my point.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
You didn't read the report. The Army admits there was no RPG recovered nor were any of the dead found to be in possession of RPG's. RPG's were being fired from another part of the city. If you were seeing it, it's because you wanted to see it.

Nope, it was pointed out as an RPG and it looks like the ones I've seen in person.

Sorry 'bout that.

It looks like several things I have seen in person but more importantly, if it were there...where did it go then?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

That does exactly what to change the fact that the blurry picture is clearly labeled with a question mark? Please explain how you even addressed my point.

Geez, I dunno. Maybe because I recognized it as an RPG, since I've seen them fired at me??

Who knows why they put the question mark?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

It looks like several things I have seen in person but more importantly, if it were there...where did it go then?

I'm certain it does look like something you've seen in person.

Where did it go? Maybe an insurgent picked it up? Destroyed by the helicopter gunfire?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Geez, I dunno. Maybe because I recognized it as an RPG, since I've seen them fired at me??

Who knows why they put the question mark?

Sorry but you are just ranting now. This still does not address the actual point I made. Please just give up on this one. It was never addressed to you and you do not seem to be able to address it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'm certain it does look like something you've seen in person.

Where did it go? Maybe an insurgent picked it up? Destroyed by the helicopter gunfire?

Really, that is your logic? Picked up by what insurgent? Where were the live insurgents running around picking things up? How does gunfire completely destroy an RPG? Is it really out of the realm of possibility that it was not there at all?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Sorry but you are just ranting now. This still does not address the actual point I made. Please just give up on this one. It was never addressed to you and you do not seem to be able to address it.

Hey, you're the one repeating, "But.....but....but....there's a question mark next to it!!!!!" Guess what, big deal. It shows a guy with an RPG. I've seen them in person, I showed you a picture, but hey, you want to believe he was carrying an umbrella, or a stick, or a golf club. Whatever. You're entitled. You're wrong, but you're entitled.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Really, that is your logic? Picked up by what insurgent? Where were the live insurgents running around picking things up? How does gunfire completely destroy an RPG? Is it really out of the realm of possibility that it was not there at all?

An AH-64 had a 30MM chain gun. I'm certain it probably would have turned that RPG into junk if it were hit, and possibly set off the warhead.

Who knows? I wasn't there, and I'm pretty certain you weren't either.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Go back and watch the video there were at my last count two men with aks at 2m20s into the video behind the journalist with the camera...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Hey, you're the one repeating, "But.....but....but....there's a question mark next to it!!!!!" Guess what, big deal. It shows a guy with an RPG. I've seen them in person, I showed you a picture, but hey, you want to believe he was carrying an umbrella, or a stick, or a golf club. Whatever. You're entitled. You're wrong, but you're entitled.

Let me try this one more time. The poster I actually addressed claimed it was proof of an RPG and the offered up a blurry pic with a question mark. That is not definitive proof no matter how off topic you carry it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

An AH-64 had a 30MM chain gun. I'm certain it probably would have turned that RPG into junk if it were hit, and possibly set off the warhead.

Who knows? I wasn't there, and I'm pretty certain you weren't either.

Keep just assuming, that seems to really help you out.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Let me try this one more time. The poster I actually addressed claimed it was proof of an RPG and the offered up a blurry pic with a question mark. That is not definitive proof no matter how off topic you carry it.

This:

mypetjawa.mu.nu...

that short clip shows a guy with an RPG. That matches what I've seen in person, and that picture on the wikipedia link.

Yes, I saw the others that were in red and said, "RPG?". Again, big deal.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The rpg apparently was a camera...what was the camera man doing looking suspiciously around the corner with the camera? Cause he was with insurgents, it was stated it was a camera and it definately could have been but if you look at the footage it looked like an rpg, and if you were in a war zone in a copter and saw what appeared to be an rpg my guess is 10 out of 10 times you'll open fire...but who knows maybe you could have a death wish

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Keep just assuming, that seems to really help you out.

Well, you have all the answers, obviously.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

This:

mypetjawa.mu.nu...

that short clip shows a guy with an RPG. That matches what I've seen in person, and that picture on the wikipedia link.

Yes, I saw the others that were in red and said, "RPG?". Again, big deal.

I do not even understand what you are trying to say. You obviously do not get what I was addressing and part of that may be due to the fact that it was NOT YOU. I was pointing out that "PROOF" does not come in the form of a blurry picture with a question mark. That is not proof, that is evidence AT BEST!

You are just trying to add your own spin about something else into the discussion. Whatever the motive is, the means belie any purpose.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neechi
The rpg apparently was a camera...what was the camera man doing looking suspiciously around the corner with the camera? Cause he was with insurgents, it was stated it was a camera and it definately could have been but if you look at the footage it looked like an rpg, and if you were in a war zone in a copter and saw what appeared to be an rpg my guess is 10 out of 10 times you'll open fire...but who knows maybe you could have a death wish

The article points out that the chopper was not only at a safe distance but -as the video shows- an UNDETECTABLE distance. No death wish in not firing, just keep on flying away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join