It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-Year-Old Oregon Girl Commits Suicide, Medical Examiner Says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I highly doubt this is intended suicide. All children are looking for at that age is attention... and this would have been an attempt for attention that went horribly wrong.

IRM

I agree with this and its happened before, it just breaks my heart, but small children can have temper tantrums and hurt themselves even in loving homes. I remember being very young and very upset, and when you're young things that are minor to adults are huge to children, and they are so caught up in their sadness or anger, and cant even begin to contemplate consequences. This is very heartbreaking, and her family must be suffereing terribly.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Do we know how many children are abused and murdered in the world every day and night?

No.

A lot, I suspect. And it makes my heart bleed.

But cases like this send up my red alert, like Madeleine McCann - I think she was murdered.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I think it's wrong to start a witch hunt against the parents. Let's just wait and see how this pans out before accusing the parents of murder. If you are wrong, then this kind of thinking is only going to create more hurt... like they haven't already been through enough!

IRM

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I do not want to hunt the parents, I would just like children to have rights.
What rights do children have? None.

I would like everyone to have rights, which, by law, they do.

But helpless children have no rights.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
At the young age of six, the child could'nt have possibly done it. I was raised where a good spanking never hurt anybody and I never once thoght of suicide. Somebody is covering up the truth in that little girls death.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by catwhoknows

I think it's wrong to start a witch hunt against the parents. Let's just wait and see how this pans out before accusing the parents of murder. If you are wrong, then this kind of thinking is only going to create more hurt... like they haven't already been through enough!

IRM

I will agree with you but it needs to be said. Regardless of murder or not, the parent's are responsible for that kid. Somehow that kid either a. killed herself or b. was murdered. A break in, not the parent's fault. A suicide, that is the parent's fault. How does a 6 year old want to commit suicide? My brain couldn't comprehend at 16 the true meaning of suicide and this girl is 6. If the girl did in fact commit suicide then criminal negligence should at least be looked at for the parents. That said maybe she just had an uncle die the same way or something, but if she saw this on tv and decided to do it then her parents were probably showing her some things that she didn't need to see. There are a lot of if's here and we should wait, but sensationalism has a hold of me right now.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Did every one fail to read my post on page 1? This is a lot more common than you think. I would really love to see a tox screen on the girl. Add medications perhaps?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I have to say, again, that a child of that age does not comprehend life and death, and certainly does NOT comprehend the notion of suicide.

I am saying that child was murdered.

And I am saying damn those parents!

THOSE PARENTS CAUSED THE DEATH OF THAT CHILD.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wow, you must not have kids. are you like CPS social worker or something? I am sorry but you remind me of a few people I know who seem to hate all parents and think all parents abuse their kids because they are bitter because they can't have their own. Not saying that's your situation, just that you remind me of them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wow, for the first time in a while I am speechless...

This is just truly heart breaking... Whether she understood what suicide or not just seems irrelevant to me...

This is a little girl who died because she hung herself... Just heart breaking...

I really don't know what else there is to say.... just..... heart breaking.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

If you are replying to me, I only have to say this:

Whether the parents killed her, or whether they didn't, they caused her death.

That poor child, at her age, depended on her parents for everything. So, they killed her, or....

And she died.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The chief medical examiner for the state, said that investigators learned that the girl's parents had warned all of their children of the dangers of playing with belts around their necks.

If the parents had concerns about the children playing games with belts ( in particular tying the belt around each others neck ) why did the belts remain so accessible to the children ? I mean any responsible adult is aware of risks and dangers and acts on those dangers accordingly - plastic bags are not left lying around - medicines are locked away - all cupboard doors have safety locks and so on and so on

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So if she had been 7 she wouldnt have been the youngest suicide in the state??? thats just really messed up..Where exactly does a 6 year old get the idea to even threaten to kill herself? ok so the death may have been an accident and the child may have not understood the outcome of what she was about to do putting the straps around her throat..i just think it strange that the ideas were already in her head about it... it also reminds me of one day when still in highschool, i was very close to the schools psychologist, and was in his office for lunch one day when he got a call from a parent to make an appointment for their depressed 4 year old.. after hanging up the phone he was obviously quite perplexed, what the hell does a 4 year old need a shrink for? he said to me before leaving.. i couldnt answer. In the case of the child having gone through a traumatic ordeal or something to that extent is different.. but depression at such an age just seems bizarre.. or is it just me?
Thank you for posting this, its very sad this happened...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe a child at that age understands suicide.

How about that moronic "chocking game" idiot kids play? I wonder how many very young suicides are really just stupid kids trying to get a cheap buzz.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Has any politician suggested thing as of now?Sorry I am not familiar with this story so asking.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This is a case of a 6 year old playing the choking game (likely learned from a playmate or older cousin), and a medical examiner that is a complete idiot.

there is a thread on here talking about credentials. is this the kind of person you are looking for credentials from? LOL....educated idiot. My own 12 year old has more insight than the ME in this case.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by calstorm

If you are replying to me, I only have to say this:

Whether the parents killed her, or whether they didn't, they caused her death.

That poor child, at her age, depended on her parents for everything. So, they killed her, or....

And she died.

We should put someone as judicious as yourself on the supreme court. Think how quickly you could dispatch the weightiest issues in the land, with your ability to cut through trivial things like "information", "logic", and "temperance".

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

This is a case of a 6 year old playing the choking game (likely learned from a playmate or older cousin), and a medical examiner that is a complete idiot.

Everything is speculative at this point.

there is a thread on here talking about credentials. is this the kind of person you are looking for credentials from? LOL....educated idiot. My own 12 year old has more insight than the ME in this case.

Credentials? I haven't discussed credentials. I think you are creating your own subtext there mate.

IRM

[edit on 7/4/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

You do understand the world you're living in? I have 5 boys, and they have many friends, there is also a range of age, so the older ones expose the younger ones to things, that we weren'[t exposed to, and it becomes another issue, the younger ones are exposed to many things at school, amongst their peers.

Yet, even when I grew up, I had already heard the news hour, watched vietnam and napalmed children before school even began, as a preschooler! I was outside as a preschooler in shock and trying to plot how kids could change the world. So I don't think feeding kids pink bunnies is the way to stop this, either.

But 6 years know a lot more than you think! And its quite a balance between keeping them in pink bubbles or keeping them on par with their friends, and the struggles in between those lines.

The problem is at 6, is she is very strongly upset, when children are in temper tantrums or upset about discipline, they feel like its an end of the world issue, but they have no understanding of consequence!

Edit to add: Basically, though rare, this kind of thing could happen to almost anyone. And other tragedies too.

I recall a case when I was in school of a 6 year old boy who hung himself because of a "Morality Lesson". They use to do these alot, I don't know if they still do. But I opted out as a teenager, and refused to participate in the group project, and told my teacher why.

In his case, it was roughly like this, in a classroom of 30, they pretended that only 29 would fit in the lifeboat. The class had to pick the one to die.

He was the unpopular shy boy. When he was publically humilated he hung himself.

I had nightmares for years over this, even though I was only a teenager when I heard it.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Kid made a very stupid mistake. Probably was a kid full of vim and vigor.

All my kids have gone through phases when they are angry at me they try to do things to themselves to hurt themselves to prove a point. They all have very aggressive personalities, and are stubborn to the point of stupidity sometimes.

Don't hit my head. Yeah! Well I'll show you! Bang bang bang.

I imagine this is like that. But it got out of hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join