It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks may not be what you think it is...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I wouldnt say shooting into a bus with civilians and kids with an apache helicopter is mundane. I cant say with 100% certainty that the other men were unarmed, but the men in the bus were obviously civilians called to the place to help the wounded. You know they are protected by the geneva conventions, they are non combatants, no weapons were visible on the men that arrived in the bus.

The Geneva Conventions today
Although warfare has changed dramatically since the Geneva Conventions of 1949, they are still considered the cornerstone of contemporary International Humanitarian Law.[10] They protect combatants who find themselves hors de combat, and they protect civilians caught up in the zone of war.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Wikileaks is partly located on servers in sweden at the company PRQ who used to host the piratebay, which is still up and running like never before. PRQ and Sweden is one of the few countries that can guarantee full anonymity and the encrypted documents is extremely hard n maybe impossible to trace and that is why they choose PRQ.

Just because ur computer froze doesnt mean they are feds or undercover governments.

PRQ is formed by the co-founders of the Piratebay, which also says a lot about their integrity.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Sambell]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I made a decision, with a little help.

Everything is going to come out in a court of law. I trust lawyers even less than I do wikileaks... But it is the only option that makes sense.

A lawsuit will be filed. It isn't going to be easy, but through a contact I have been informed that it will be done pro bono and they already have access to most of the material.

Having to wait for a court date and everything that goes with that will suck, but it will at least save my ass for a while longer.

As for this thread, it was interesting. I still have serious doubts about wikileaks and will expand on that when I can prove it.

If I had a government encrypted digital video and top secret classified documents this may have had a different outcome.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Please stop with the wild speculations, and think carefully before you belittle what may be one of the greatest heroes of our time.
Sure, question everything.
But don't blindly question everything for the sake of questioning.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Hero maybe. Blind support and defense of questionable motive and intent is also foolish.

The jury is still out.

I don't question everything, only those things that raise legitimate and plausible questions.

Some questions have no answers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask does it?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Isn't that what this site is?

DATAMINING

lol.......This stuff is everywhere. Open your eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I saw the founder being interviewed on a BBC documentary and he insisted on meeting in an underground car park. If I was concerned for my safety I'd want to meet in a nice open space with plenty of witnesses - not in a place with one way in and out and no end of hiding places. In my opinion the BBC are a significant part of the propoganda machine, but maybe, somewhat naively some of their producers have been drawing their imspiration spy films.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mistrusting Wikileaks is just a little too paranoid for me. I'd really like to believe that there are some people, or websites, that one can trust absolutely. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and wikileaks is just yet another front for the government.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, as there is nothing better then information, I would suggest you have a look at
www.youtube.com.../user/530B54111C64DAC0
Be it to bring a bit more faith or simply more skepticism!
I am wondering if you where using that computer while in the USA!
Plus you can simply post it to them. In case you fear that it'll be intercepted just make sure you deplete your package of anything that could lead to identification. Plus you can split it in parts. If it is really important stuff maybe you should really get it out there.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wikileaks

Registered today, posted here today, user-name: wikileaks

Interestingly enough, I received an email from a related source also today.

Thank you for the video, and the information on how to better use wikileaks.... But I simply will not be able to do that now.

I have bought enough time, and will eventually go another route.

Thanks anyway... Mr/Mrs wikileaks.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
Hmmm made me think...

i remember a "pawn shop" that was run by A local police dept. and the word on the street was "it was a GREAT place to go..
Funny thing was they NEVER had anything to sell.. only bought things,, until......

Very interesting!!

I knew a guy who worked for the FBI running a pawn shop for the FBI..

Maybe we're talking about the same pawn shop.. or maybe this is a lot more pervasive than any of us know.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
to the people saying why would they release info that damages the militry/cia/etc it maybe a case of using a lesser crime as an alibi to a more serious one, "no your honour i didn't kill that person because i was stealing a car at the time" as for reasons why the honeypot is a good idea but i would like to tie it in with my earlier point (this is only examples) person A is leaking info about NWO/ETs person B is leaking info about war crimes that most people believe anyway, person A is "disappeared" and the info is quashed before its public, person B is published as the info wasn't that damaging and helps the honeypot maintain its integrity as a safe haven

just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just don't understand why nobody has noticed that there is a wiki software war between wiki leaks and the US government. Yes a wiki software war. The wiki software has been hacked by wikileaks allowing them to by pass security on the many US goverment databases using wiki software. Diplopedia, Intellipedia, dod techipedia so on. The problem is in the software that the government is using and they can't come out and admit it. The flaws are so deep in the software due to it being open source that they can't plug the leaks. You can't secure something that was built to be so open that anybody who connects can edit or write to the software. And the only fix is to start from scratch with all the databases the government has built since 911 and that cost the government sees as too high to accept.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It all seems a bit too convenient to me now, and I can think of no better way that the intelligence community could set up a front to attract people with information the government wants eliminated or suppressed.

This supports the idea that Wikileaks is a honeypot designed to attract those who would leak sensitive information. Almost like entrapment.

And that army kid who leaked 90,000 pages of intel is facing 52 years in prison. Hmmm...wonder how they found him??

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Wikileaks Afghanistan: Osama bin Laden alive

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Multiple intelligence reports on the whereabouts of the al-Qaeda leader are contained among the documents.

And now, ladies and germs, we're dragging out this dead horse AGAIN!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Give them time, maybe we'll have some documents leaked to wikileaks that proves that Osama has relocated to Crawford Texas and has officially retired from Al Qaeda.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join