It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks may not be what you think it is...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here is Wayne Madsens view of Wikileaks.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
Here is Wayne Madsens view of Wikileaks.
www.youtube.com...

Wow.

So Wayne and Alex Jones were talking about it being a front earlier in the week.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in my speculations. Funny thing, that.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Your computer probably froze up bcause its either overloaded, old and/or infected with viruses. Check that first. I have no problems loading the secure page (https) on __._. Interesting to know if Wikileaks.org can guarantee that people land on the original site every time they punch in the address, someone "evil" can hack the dns so that wikielaks.org resovles to a false IP number. Another hack is a man in the middle, where the victim is routed to a fake website. Currently __._ resolves to 88.80.13.160, an ip range that belongs to PRQ (ISP in Sweden).

Do a whois __._, says DNSSEC:Unsigned. Not implemented.

Domain ID D130035267-LROR
Domain Name:WIKILEAKS.ORG
Created On:04-Oct-2006 05:54:19 UTC
Last Updated On:04-Oct-2008 18:37:51 UTC
Expiration Date:04-Oct-2018 05:54:19 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar Dynadot, LLC (R1266-LROR)
Registrant ID:CP-13000
Registrant Name:John Shipton c/o Dynadot Privacy

Tech Email:[email protected]
Name Server:NS1.EVERYDNS.NET
Name Server:NS2.EVERYDNS.NET
Name Server:NS3.EVERYDNS.NET
Name Server:NS4.EVERYDNS.NET
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

[edit on 7-4-2010 by rhines]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ha... well, true enough, but then again, we're pretty darned sure that the government is not what it says it is either! ha. Pretty good thing the Church moved away from that Papal Infallibility thing... suffice that it wasn't all it said it was or is, either. Seems to be a bit more to it.

Main thing is to be true to yourself - if you can do that, it doesn't matter what anyone else says, does or thinks.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Without any hard evidence of wrong-doing, the OP is just being paranoid. And I'm puzzled what attacking Wikileaks like this will accomplish? Your accusations if anything will serve to undermine a very important organization that has done amazing things for liberty and democracy - even when faced with danger from the government.

I think you should apologize honestly.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I don't think it goes that far (to the point of actually working with the government, or be a part of the government).

To me, this looks like a publicity stunt, in order to gain support. Even in my country, on online newspapers you could see comments saying "and don't forget, Wikileaks needs donations!"...

Pretending to have the bogeyman after them, making all that fuss before releasing the video, and then releasing something as shocking as this (let's face it, the video didn't prove anything(like it was announced). It was just (sadly) another demonstration of a war crime and irresponsible fighting), makes them get a lot of credibility and fame...

But I have to admit... There is something fishy in all this. It isn't that easy to get your hands in a video feed from a military helicopter of the US Armed Forces.

link   
I have recently had my own concearns about Wikileaks, but not the same as the OP's, although I have to admit it is a sound possibility.

Overall, I think I must agree with S-dog however and say that their previous decorum has given them a certain air of respectability that leads me to believe that they are not PTB controlled.

The concearns I have had is as to whether they are doing what they do out of the humanitarian reasons they claim, or for good old fashioned financial gain. I know that they have been going through serious financial problems recently, but that is no real excuse for the blatant money drive they have been implementing in all recent statements to the public. I worry that if their overall aim is to make money, their current financial difficulties could leave them open to corruption.

Maybe I've just seen so much crap in this world that it's left me cynical to the possibility of people doing things just because it's the right thing to do.

All I know is that something seems wrong in the WL camp of late.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by nik1halo]

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I sent two files, a very brief edited video, and a text file.

Almost immediately the computer I was using froze up, and after giving up was forced to shut down.

Don't know what's going on there, but I too had a strange experience just going to that site and looking at this last video. My browser locked up and after I killed it my internet connection was kaput.

I figured it was someone who didn't want us at their site, not them, but what do I know.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
what fear do you have about uploading files to wiki if you do everything anonymous?

i know that i could upload tons of files getting access from various computers that the CIA or whoever could not trace back to me. It would be physicaly impossible for them to trace it back to me considering some of the computers that i can use at work are for general employees usage. What would they accomplish then? simply getting the info and not publishing it? i'll do it here. Trace it back to me? they can't, it was anonymous done from locations that over 30 people use daily. SO what would be the point then?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

the definition of conspiracy theory

all i have to say

but then again you might be right

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

maby usa isnt what we think it is!!!
wilkileaks did a great job, and we need more people like that

[edit on 7-4-2010 by kenny73]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

A valid concern and a great thing to keep in mind!

I validate you for coming up with this thread as it is very well a possibility!

- S.V.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Remember everyone!

Your internet crashing and such could also be because the intelligence agencies are doing this, and not WIKI.

Maybe Wiki is receiving great amounts of secret stuff and therefore intelligence agencies are shutting down whoever tries this too.

Just another thought there too!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Please note that I am only speculating here based on my recent personal experience.

If you are only speculating shouldn't this thread be in SkunkWorks?You provide no documents, no sources at all and yet your thread is General Conspiracy section.

I can't discus that material now, so please don't ask.

So we only have to rely on your words whether you have any such material or not.

Using s secure computer at a secure location I used this contact/submission form...secure....__._/I sent two files, a very brief edited video, and a text file.

Proof of any kind? Screenshots? A picture of screen taken from mobile or camera? Receipt of computer usage? Where did you use the computer? Whose computer was it? What was the configuration of the computer that made it secure?

Almost immediately the computer I was using froze up, and after giving up was forced to shut down.

Proof? Proof of any kind? Screenshots? A picture of screen taken from mobile or camera? Error report? You would have restarted the computer it would have provided a complete error report..post it here.

Then I began to wonder, the recent video release, everything we know about wikileaks... And what we don't know.What if this is all a scam to get people who may have sensitive or secret information to send it in?
They couldn't have set a better trap, if that is the case.It all seems a bit too convenient to me now, and I can think of no better way that the intelligence community could set up a front to attract people with information the government wants eliminated or suppressed.

It's a fairly tale unless you provide proof or backup your words with some proof or source. I cant imagine why why your fairly tales are allowed in Conspiracy Section without any proof.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Actually if I sit there watching Alex Jones or Campaign for Liberty or anti gov threads on ATS my computer freezes up and I have to shut it down and start over. Sometimes the audio shuts down, like yesterday watching that same above mentioned film, the audio quit. I just figured the govt has some kind of spyware that can jam your computer if you watch something they don't like.I don't know much about computers, I wouldn't still have one if I didn't have a computer expert in the house. He keeps them running for me.
But the advice to be careful is good, and to watch and see if people are disappearing is good. People should be alert to see if anyone is missing. Judging from the CDC with the swine flu, we can't rely on any government organizations to keep track of what is happening to people. In August people on twitter were tracking the movements of the NLE'09. Also last fall there were people taking pictures of shackle cars and where they were concentrated. I have seen that kind of car heading north. If people are being murdered in large numbers in places like Michigan and incinerated in Barstow then the cars would be going through here going south. In Haiti we have no idea what could be going on. By controlling the airport they could have imported fiends from other parts of the world, like Juarez, Yeman, Indonesia, Nicaragua. The CIA has been active in so many countries. Why do you think we have so many illegal immigrants, their own countries are living hell under CIA rule. The Redcross, well known as a CIA front, they practically engineered the Russian Revolution, before CIA existed but same people, but they want you to donate cellphones. Why? They probably instructed their gangs to take the cell phones off their victims to erase them. Then they have too many cell phones to account for so having you donate your cell phones gives an excuse to dump so many.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think you're just paranoid over nothing. Computers freeze up for different reason's. You should've just restarted. It could have been spyware, a virus, a memory issue or other hardware problem. It could've been over heating from improper ventilation. Another thing, no the government is not monitoring what you watch on your pc. Don't be so paranoid and controlled by fear. If any thing, being paranoid and fearful is what your enemies would want, and you're giving it to them! LOL

[edit on 7-4-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
How about this theory. Poster who joined only weeks ago, is a disinfo agent whos job it is to "try" and discredit the biggest threat to the old boys club.
That seams like a less FEAR based theory that is based on a little more logic.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
wikileaks may be bad

just like vampires may be running our world

its just speculation

they look like just a group to help the free people

I didnt see nothing to the contrary

but this is ATS, the land of the speculation without any kind of evidence or at least traces

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Eyesa2diffcolors

agreed

one thing is to do a theory based on traces or evidences, like 911 ... you dont know whats the truth but you have a lot of connections and some evidences

now, the guy creates a thread based on speculation, I bet yours is better than his

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
In the words of mythbusters - plausible

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join