It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru / leap year effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So guys help me out, anyone well informed on 2012 date explain if and how leap years would effect the calculations? if the 3000+ year cycle of nibiru was correct and it exists, did the earlier civilizations use or figure a leap year into the amt of days??? if that factor was off for their "day" count then the 2012 date would be wrong wouldnt it? I'm confused and dont feel like researching at the moment, just hoping somebody else that has,, can pop in and post it for me, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xagathorn
I'm confused and dont feel like researching at the moment

Geez... It's not like the Nibiru crowd to be lazy in their research!

IRM

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xagathorn
if the 3000+ year cycle of nibiru was correct and it exists, did the earlier civilizations use or figure a leap year into the amt of days???

The earlier civilizations did not state that Nibru would come every 3000+ years.

But I'm sure once 2012 goes by with no Nibru, the use of the leap year will be a very popular excuse.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

The earlier civilizations did not state that Nibru would come every 3000+ years.

Actually I think they claim a 3,600 year orbit which those who actually do their research would realize is impossible. A stable 3,600 year orbit cannot be maintained. There are too many gravitational variables and the orbit would change each time it entered the solar system simply because the planets would be in different places each time.

The Nibiru crowd always skip over that little scientific fact.

But I'm sure once 2012 goes by with no Nibru, the use of the leap year will be a very popular excuse.

I fear you may have created a new monster Dr Frankenstein!
But just in case they haven't adjusted their fable accommodate a leap year...

On a 3,600 year orbit we can assume an extra day every 4 years

3,600 / 4 = 900 days extra

= 2 Years & 170 Days.

I think that works out to be about May of 2015, assuming of course that it's meant to arrive in December of 2012. If someone want's to be more precise, be my guest.

Then again...

Are we talking about the Gregorian, Julian, Revised Julian, Coptic, Ethiopian, Chinese, Hebrew, Islamic or Iranian Calendars? Which one did the 'Nibirians' adhere to?

IRM

[edit on 7/4/10 by InfaRedMan]

join