It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Oriental yeti' discovered in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

'Oriental yeti' discovered in China

www.telegraph.co.uk

The hairless beast was trapped by hunters in Sichuan province after locals reported spotting what they thought was a bear.

Hunter Lu Chin explained: "It looks a bit like a bear but it doesn't have any fur and it has a tail like a kangaroo."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

"It also does not sound like a bear - it has a voice more like a cat and it is calling all the time - perhaps it is looking for the rest of its kind or maybe it's the last one?

"There are local legends of a bear that used to be a man and some people think that's what we caught," he added.

Local animal experts now plan to shipped the mystery beast to scientists in Beijing who will perform DNA tests on the beast.

Ahh, the sensationalism of news outlets: Asian BearCat.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It almost resembles what they are passing off as the chupacabra in southern U.S., except without the fangs. Definatley not a "yeti". I saw this trending on yahoo and looked it up and there are 12 different versions of the story which is kinda hilarious.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I wonder how much this poor animal will have to endure, and if it will make it out alive after the testing. Looks to me to be the bear cat as mentioned above. Perhaps somone was looking for a little fame? My only hope is that it is returned back to the wild when it is in healthier condition. Looks pretty beat up at the moment.

link   
I wonder how much this poor animal will have to endure, and if it will make it out alive after the testing. Looks to me to be the bear cat as mentioned above. Perhaps somone was looking for a little fame? My only hope is that it is returned back to the wild when it is in healthier condition. Looks pretty beat up at the moment.

link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They're not going to test anything, they have to know what it is.

Tough luck, get mange, loose your hair and, get captured by some Chinaman who throws you in a cage to try to make a buck. Sorry- try to make some Renminbi.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
These animals with Mange being represented as Chupacabra and other mythical creatures is getting old. Now a Yeti!
The Telegraph seems to be just like the Weekly World News. A comic book for adults.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Seeing first hand, how creatures are treated in China - even exotic captured ones - my heart goes out to that poor thing.

It will be lucky if it lasts much longer.

There is a massive, and infuriating disconnect between Chinese and animals. It's perhaps not dissimilar to the way animals were treated in the west, say a hundred years ago. Something different is for entertainment, and if it dies, well, the funs over, and everybody goes home.

Empathy towards animals does not factor into Chinese society in any great way. All one has to do is look at how the extinctions caused by the Three Gorges Dam, barely raised a collective eyebrow.

Just heartbreaking.

new topics

top topics

join