It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Fly List Has Doubled in Size and Will Get Bigger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No-Fly List Has Doubled in Size and Will Get Bigger

No-Fly List Has Doubled in Size and Will Get Bigger, Say Gov't Officials

U.S. enforcement and intelligence officials said Wednesday that the no-fly list barring passengers with suspected terror ties from boarding planes has already increased in size since the attempted Christmas Day bombing of Northwest Flight 253, and was likely to get much larger.

In the wake of the attempted bombing of Northwest 253, President Obama ordered a review of the country's watchlisting procedures after it was discovered that suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was in a vast terrorism database called the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment (TIDE), but had not been flagged for the no-fly or the larger watchlist by U.S. officials.

In January Congressional testimony, NCTC Director Michael Leiter said that in the years since 9/11, the pendulum had swung away from watchlisting individuals, "The pressure was in the exact opposite direction…to remove and clean up the watchlist and reduce the amount of inconvenience. Now we are going in the other direction."

Funny, in the years since 911, I was under the impression that we were watchlisting too many people, including small children, dead people, celebrities, and even Sen. Ted Kennedy himself. As I recall, in the years since 911, everyone has gotten pretty well pissed off with the extraordinary security measures THAT DON'T FEKKING WORK, as the Christmas Day incident aboard Northwest 253 proved.

On Northwest 253, it was a civilian who spotted and grabbed the bomber, right, NOT the extraordinary and ridiculous security measures at the bleeding airport.

So, HOW is DOUBLING or TRIPLING the size and complexity of the terror watchlist going to IMPROVE security?

Especially since the Obama Administration agreed to STOP PROFILING Muslims and Middle Eastern nationals in our security screening.

Let's see... We'll double and triple the names on the terror watchlist, but we're not looking for Muslims or Middle Eastern people anymore.

Yeah. That'll solve the problem.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/6/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Doc
didnt u know that some ATS'ers are on that list.
ME INCLUDED !!! lol

course I dont fly anywhere
well except speeding a lil
to the grocery store
would they consider that flying as well ???
lmao

good read, thanks

join