It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Military Project Going On In Nebraska?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is helpful, whenever I use my electronic bip-bip key thingy to unlock my car...
you know how generally there's a reasonable distance from the vehicle you have to be at so it works on the car?
My friends and I mucked around at the local pub the other day, we could see our cars all the way over the other side of the carpark, and we were attempting to give people a fright as they wandered past our vehicles by unlocking the car to see them jump.
Anyway, basically normally it wouldn't have worked at all... but if we held the device against our temple facing side on to the area roughly where our car was parked, it worked!
It shouldn't have, but it did!
Sooo... if anyone can work that one out perhaps it ties in to these frequency issues you were having on base...?
Sorry if it's a waste of post space...
Wag.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow weird military projects!!!! Thats a Shocker lol

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This has happened a lot of times before.

Military bases have been outfitted with radios that operate on the same frequencies or bandwidth that garage door openers, and other devices operate on.

This is why you are experiencing radio interference, because their radio output has far more energy behind it than your small devices.

So their signal easily jams your signal.

It is entirely mundane, as far as I can tell.

I have heard of garage door openers interfering with military frequencies, but this is the first I've heard of auto key fobs. I suppose it could be the high freq wave lengths that is being used to detect the incoming air craft.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well,this is not just happening at military bases.

In Los Angeles there are a number of remote dead zones where they will not work.

It is also a problem in Florida as this article states.

A mysterious "dead zone" in Oakland Park has rendered dozens of remote-control car locks impotent over the past several weeks. In a five-block area of warehouses and small businesses near Dixie Highway and Floranada Road, nobody can explain why the gadgets fail to work. Motorists have had to get into cars the old-fashioned way -- with a key.

The full article mentions Eglin AFB in the panhandle as another spot.

Car remote dead zones.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The frequency garage door openers and car alarms use (390 megahertz) has been owned by the military since 1934. But DOD did not start using it until recently.

According to the Federal Communications Commission, garage door openers and other devices are allowed to operate at this frequency, as long as they don't cause any interference. Federal law also requires these devices to accept interference from licensed users like the DOD.

If you contact the auto manufacturer they will have an alternate frequency you can use but the kit will cost you .

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks again for all the info!

If it becomes a major hassle, I may ask for a different remote/key for my vehicle.

As it stands, I'm on base or close to it around once a week.

I'm not so lazy that I will reufse to use my key to open the door!

But the automatic sliding side door IS handy when I'm getting my baby in and out of the van.

Well if a mod needs to close this thread, then that's cool with me.

I appreciate everyone's input.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sparkofdivine

I would suggest the thread stay open for now please.

Someone may come in with experiences and fixes we don't know of yet.

You never know what someone may add to the topic, and it might be worth waiting for!

If someone knows a way to work around this issue for free , without replacing the key, than please feel free to contribute!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It seems to me there were saucers hovering nearby.
Especially at a base.
Look up next time or have a camera ready to take a photo of the sky.
Don't fall for the official explanations.
The remote lock can fail any time there is a saucer suspension wave
hitting the ground, the craft will tilt out of the way and the remote should
work.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I suspected the feds were using a radio jamming device along the border to prevent radio control aircraft from smuggling things across the border. Whenever I tried to fly my R/C plane near the border I would get interference that caused the controls to move all around in a sort of rythem. I soon realized that the ground sensors used to detect movent on the surface were on the same frequency. You would think the FCC would fine them for using an already designated frequency, but no.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
The frequency garage door openers and car alarms use (390 megahertz) has been owned by the military since 1934. But DOD did not start using it until recently.

According to the Federal Communications Commission, garage door openers and other devices are allowed to operate at this frequency, as long as they don't cause any interference. Federal law also requires these devices to accept interference from licensed users like the DOD.

If you contact the auto manufacturer they will have an alternate frequency you can use but the kit will cost you .

It would be cool to see which of our Senate and Congress have the costly system?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparkofdivine
Thanks again for all the info!

If it becomes a major hassle, I may ask for a different remote/key for my vehicle.

As it stands, I'm on base or close to it around once a week.

I'm not so lazy that I will reufse to use my key to open the door!

But the automatic sliding side door IS handy when I'm getting my baby in and out of the van.

Well if a mod needs to close this thread, then that's cool with me.

I appreciate everyone's input.

May sound a little freeky but have you ever considered a national lock down. What with the kiddy thing at Walmart and other stores.
If they want to keep you in your car at 80 miles an hour or not let you into it----you have given them the power. You do see that they have wormed their way right down to you ability to move when you want to.
Scrap your electric crap.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sparkofdivine

Makes me also wonder why did the then President George W Bush, fly straight to Nebraska AFB when the 9/11 happened .

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just head over to the OSI detachment, i'm sure they will help you solve this mystery...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Your best bet,it's something with only a slightly more powerful radiowave than your keychain that sends the message for these functions. I highly doubt they are testing a new unknown secret weapon on your van.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join