It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will jotting down license plates pay the rent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Will jotting down license plates pay the rent?

redtape.msnbc.com

One of the two, Dallas-based Narc Technologies Inc., offers a simple explanation. They want you to rat on your neighbors. The firm's Web site, NarcThatCar.com, is designed to collect license plate numbers and locations so lenders can more easily repossess cars when the owners default.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Don't know about you guys and gals, but to me, this looks scary.

It's not the "gather info" part that scares me (your licence plate is visible to anyone), it's the concept of the program, rat out your neighbor and get a reward...like when a circus monkey does a trick and gets a food reward

What do you guys think?

redtape.msnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ohrly

...like when a circus monkey does a trick and gets a food reward

that sums up my feelings about this program quite nicely.

This isn't different from Stasi East Germany 1950-1989 when at least 2 million people were informants, both professionally and casually.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh wow that's bad! - Apart from going around in the wrong estates will get you a bloody nose for being nosey git you could get much worse for being a grass!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Unbridled capitalism meets fascist state - make money off fear mongering, promote greed, exercise power & control. Is this real life, a board game or a "reality show"? One more brick from the wall.

gj

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
No this is not a job, it is a Pyramid Scam.

We have discussed this on ATS before.

Essentially they want you to PAY THEM a FEE so you can get a "job" working for them.

It is a pyramid scheme top to bottom.

Don't give them a penny of your $..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ohrly

I have NO problem "ratting" out my neighbors.

Most of them that live around me are degenerate scum who wandered across the border illegally and decided to stay here because "law enforcement" in this country is selective.

What was once a nice neighborhood has "gone to pot" literally.

They don't know the laws,don't have any respect for our way of life or society as a whole,and think the social services set up and designed to benefit the citizens should pertain to them.

No problem at all.

top topics

join