It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know....I guess not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

By 1945, the BBC service was monitoring 1.25 million words per day in 30 languages, although limited resources allowed translation into English of only 300,000. FBIS, on the other hand, transcribed and translated the majority of the content it monitored. Subsequently, a British-US agreement led to a cooperative media coverage and sharing arrangement that has lasted to the present day.

www.cia.gov

Obviously most if not 99.9% of the people you know who are active on the internet are very much indifferent or not aware of this. So, people contentiously ask, how safe is the internet in terms of privacy ?

Well, my better judgment suggests otherwise, does it not ?

sincere thanks to "it"

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "Internet privacy".

Just ask a hacker.

All data on the net is monitored by supercomputers at NSA headquarters, according to their mission statements. Including phone calls, faxes, etc.

If you really want privacy, here is where you will find it.

Go into your bathroom, close the door, lock it.

There, now you have privacy, enjoy!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not if Im your neighbor!

I don't think I have any anonymity on the web whatsoever. Well, at least not where Big Brother is concerned. Gotta love that freedom of speech. I'm glad you're pointing it out for those that don't realize S+F.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Keyword searches or search strings with phrase parameters are nothing new. They've been around since we had telephones along with computers -even the ones in the 60s that used to take up entire buildings. Pretty much any intelligence apparatus on Earth worth its salt does this.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not if Im your neighbor!

LOL what do you have a FLIR camera?

Yeah, that kind of stuff would make my bathroom visible to you!

If so, enjoy the show! I am about to take a shower!

I will turn the water on extra hot in hopes it will ruin the FLIR's ability to see clearly.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To think that so many millions and soon to be billions are all eagerly waiting to join up on a social network make life so much easier. India only recently and openly informed the public that 1.2 billion are to be issued identification cards. Keep in mind, i do applaud the effort, but what the internet savvy let alone the black hats failed to inform for obvious reasons was who is behind the software.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
Keyword searches or search strings with phrase parameters are nothing new.

I guess the robots who can actively log in read captcha is nothing new to you. You most likely are aware that they are autonomous codes that can read and differentiate questions from random questions.

ie ( 1 + 9 ) , type the answer in the box below . or my favorite, type the code, press refresh if unable to view. Obviously people are not aware that apart from the codes there is also a visual code enhanced mode that a cam actually reads the site viewed on all browsers available to the public. Sounds slightly scifi...i assure you its reality.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by tristar]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There never has been any reasonable expectation of privacy since the invention of networks (of any kind). If you want your data to be secure, don't connect anything to a network - then you only have to worry about sigint and physical intrusion. Packet switching hardware. Dual transponder satellite feeds. The network hardware is completely infested with monitoring facilities and devices, and I'm not talking about anything remotely classified. So, no absolutely nothing you do online, or on any network connected device whether online at the time or not - has any real expectation of privacy. That having been stated, our individual protection lies in the sheer volume of traffic and our judicious avoidance of postings or activities online that are adversely scrutinized. As humans we are endowed by the Creator...... freedom of expression.... I know the drill. We must choose at what cost the expression of our freedom is valued.

gj

top topics

join