It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What English Sounds Like To 75% Of The World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Seriously, as an Asian, I always prefer American (US) English.

British English is only good for soccer commentaries.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Too funny!! But so true!!. Reminds a little of Carney language.

My neighbor teaches English as a second language and she can certainly attest to the difficulties of learning English.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you so much! I was just wondering how we sound...and this feels just like what I experience with German/French. It is intriguing...and does make you want ot learn more. So great post. Thank you. I'm going to send teh video on.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

It's nice to hear someone say that, for once. I do love Brit English, and have always considered that we Americans have tarnished an otherwise lovely language, with our accents.

So thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The first time I heard that, it got stuck in my head and I was singing it for DAYS!

Very interesting (and funny) thread!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

The funny thing is, if you look at all the interpretations they all seem reasonable. I have found about six different interpretations so far on the internet with the claim that they are the "true words" of the song. If you listen to them it seems as if the words fit, till you listen to the next interpretation, and then it's like wait, those fit also, so which one is it?

I think it is interesting how many "versions" work for this song. Just think how often this type of thing happens in life when we are talking with others. We may "think" we know what someone said, and be so far off we have jumped into another reality. :-)

Harm None
Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

YEAH... YEAH? What ever SALTINE! :-P lol I crack me up... Did you pee?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

ha, My husband just listened to this, he also knows the tune very well from the radio and parties...
but,

he's somehow convinced that the "original" was in English... not jibbersish and that this "cannot" be the original song that he knows (however, he doesn't know the words for his original version he claims there is)

lol
I wonder how many jibber-karaoke on this song not knowing the words have no meaning

[edit on 7/4/2010 by GypsK]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Looking at the comments i can't wait till i'm on a computer and not my phone

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
HAHA! GREAT THREAD OP!

the OP's video: i couldn't help but love that song! favorited on youtube! lol

the benny lava song is funny as hell, my older brother showed that to me a year or two ago. i laughed so hard i could not breathe

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

as an american, i gotto say i have no clue what they are saying

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Due to the nature of this epic thread, one more of those indian songs should be posted for full laughing till you cry effect.

this may be off topic, or not, who knows...but this is perhaps the most I have laughed in a couple months.

Thanks for posting, this was rather humorous!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Some of my favorite

You hit the nail on the head, I was thinking of deep forest because they noticed the melodic aspect to this language.

I think that it is ingrained in humans to be musical, lyrical, melodic. Ever listen to a mother speaking to a baby? She is nearly singing to her baby and repeating sounds and words, actually it goes for most people, observe yourself when you are introduced to new born, also it works both ways the baby starts to copy or coo back.

That is why I said earlier that I find alot of languages beautiful because I listen to the inflections and it sounds like a song.

I don't understand most lyrics in popular songs its the music and the way the words are sung that get me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ok, everyone can laugh at me but I can't stop listening to that song. It has such a great beat, it reminds me of rap, kinda.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
reply to post by Chevalerous

The funny thing is, if you look at all the interpretations they all seem reasonable. I have found about six different interpretations so far on the internet with the claim that they are the "true words" of the song. If you listen to them it seems as if the words fit, till you listen to the next interpretation, and then it's like wait, those fit also, so which one is it?

I think it is interesting how many "versions" work for this song. Just think how often this type of thing happens in life when we are talking with others. We may "think" we know what someone said, and be so far off we have jumped into another reality. :-)

Harm None
Peace

Yeah! lol! it isn't the "true" English interpretation
and as you said - they all seem quite reasonable.

I took a quick look at a couple of the other subtitled versions of 'Prisencolinensinainciusol' with Adriano Celentano & Raffaella Carrà on YouTube. However! 'Freezing Cold, and Ants and I Chew Soul' was the most funny one I could find of those titles available after some quick browsing.

With that in mind - see my earlier post as a lame joke of some sort!

Hopefully there are much better ones out there? please, post for the lulz!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I couldn't stop laughing!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!
Thanks for that. I will never forget the luh, luh song for as long as I live.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Adiemus does the same thing, only it's faux African.

Asked someone from Africa what the # they were saying, he said "It's not any African language I've ever heard, it sounds like an American trying to imitate Swahili"

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So what your saying is everyone else in the world hears 70's music when Americans talk? Or are you saying everyone else in the world is just getting into what was popular in America in the 70's?

So everyone is going to start speaking jive?

P.S. Op's post is funny.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by js331975]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller

Sexiest man alive.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by firsttimecaller]

LMFAO!!!! i cried watching that!!!! So funny!!!

EPIC!!!

But... if you just listen to the song, without looking at the lyrics you notice (at least i did) that it's kinda hard to hear what the author wrote in the lyrics...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller

Sexiest man alive.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by firsttimecaller]

Never expected to get a laugh like this from a site as serious at ATS. Amazing post!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join