It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What English Sounds Like To 75% Of The World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
lol, the funny thing about that record is,
In Europe, this song was in the hitparades for months, even now this song is played at the best parties.

Untill today I didn't know there is no meaning to the words, I figured it was english... I've always sang along whenever I hear it...
One sentence I swear I hear every time (and sing out loud every time) "you can call me up in a prison in Tusson"

[edit on 7/4/2010 by GypsK]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself , but now I feel retarded... It felt like I was supposed to understand it but something is wrong with my brain. I was just staring at the screen , confused
I like it but I don't know why... strange

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i dont know what your talking about it makes perfect sense to me. lol

is there anyway we can get this back on the charts?? ill listen to this over Britney Spears or any of that Auto tuned garbage there trying to shove down our throats these days.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

haha dude I can't stop laughing. "Have you been high todaaaaay. I told you all the nuns are gaaaaaay"

probably not the real words, but hilarious none the less. thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
hufneva lafftso muchinmalife

Catchy tune

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I had that Benny Lava song in my DREAMS last night. I didn't know until today that some of my dreams are not only in National Geographic colour, but apparently they have background music.

And last night, it was Benny Lava.

Damn You I Say! Damn You!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I first heard this song during the early 80's but after research it was preformed at studio 54 and to this date no one understands the words if anyone can translate that would be nice it's a hybrid song disco/hip-hop.and it got a sik beat

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ha that was good, thanks for the reminder that everyone "hears" things differently. (head bobs strangely in time to typing)

Harm None
Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Okay. I admit I've been taking cold medicine so my judgment may be askew.

But these are the BEST VIDEOS EVER!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Here is band called Cocteau Twins... She is Scotish and the lyrics are nonsence. The singer chose the sounds to sing that gave the right tonal quality... playing her vocal chords like an instument... Sounds like some form of language but it isn't..

I'm curious where you got this impression. With minimal searching it's easy to find lyrics for the song. I admit there may be a few errors in that particular lyric sheet, but overall it seems quite accurate, and the discrepancies could simply be from permutations in various performances (often songs are performed slightly altered over time).

Hahahah thats so funny

Those words do seem to fit but I promise you there was non sence there..

check this..

WIKI - Cocteau_Twins

Cocteau Twins were a Scottish alternative rock band active from 1979 to 1997, known for complex instrumentation and atmospheric, non-lyrical vocals.

Though formed in the post-punk and New Wave era, the Cocteau Twins tended to defy concise categorisation, and their music was a key influence on dream pop. Although the entire band earned much critical praise, Elizabeth Fraser's distinctive vocals received the most attention. At times barely decipherable, Fraser seemed to veer into glossolalia and mouth music. Allmusic reviewer Ned Raggett writes that "part of her appeal is how she can make hard-to-interpret lyrics so emotionally gripping."[1]

And this straight from the horses mouth if you like..

Cocteau Twins - Official Website

"We have had people on the Internet who have written translations and they obviously have a natural talent for writing. Their interpretations are so beautiful that sometimes I have preferred what they have written to what I actually sang, it has been much more eloquent.

and this... watch from 0:25...

So you see you can't just do a search on the internet and pull something a single page and make a point without knowing more of the subject you speak.

Peace out.

Korg.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by firsttimecaller

Sexiest man alive.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by firsttimecaller]

Oh God. I am at work and I just snorted and laughed really loud. The choking giggles are sure to draw attention! Damn You!

[edit on 2010/4/6 by Aeons]

Oh lord help me! I was at work too! I had tears streaming down my face!

I wheezed too, I laughed so hard...

The best part? A girl I work with understands some of the language, but even she could not put the lyrics into English for me! It's funny, because listening to them speak their language, you hear Indian (various dialects) then BAM! English, like "ink pen", or "grocery store", then right back to Indian. When I asked why they did that, they explained there are certain words that we have that they have no equal to, so they resort to using English if the meaning eludes them.

So I showed her this video while I covered the assumed lyrics (LOL), then I played it for her and let her read the lyrics, and she was crying too! It was great, and now they finally understand how it feels to us to listen to them speak sometimes.

My sides still hurt, and I think I popped some vessels in my eyes from laughing so hard!

(I would say Hindi instead of Indian, but they have literally hundreds of dialects, and not all of them speak Hindi at all.)

S&F for the thread!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HombreAlone
Well I didn't know what to expect, but for some odd reason I liked it.

Me too..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

And now we know why the world thinks the USA is Evil/NUTS/Weird.

English must be really hard to get from the outside.

And this is now stuck in my head cuz its AWESOME.

I want the MP3!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bharata

I am laughing so hard I am crying, the remake was AWESOME!!!!!!!! Ok thank you all for posting these great silly crazy vid's.

LAUGHTER is the best medicine for sure, this one just cured my allergies.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Don't you think though that it highlights the English accent well??

I mean its easy to see how people view or interpreted English people based upon the inflection. It sounds posh...

I'm 100% English and I always wondered why Americans seem to think English people are posh or intelligent...

I can say that we have our fair share of village idiots here but to a foreigner they must sound intelligent and posh lol

I wonder if we should set up a facebook campaign to get this to number one in the UK just as we did with Rage against the machine "killing in the name of" for the xmas number one.

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Oh sure, we make fun of other peoples languages and we are Bigots. They make fun of us and its funny.

I wonder what it would sound like in the San Language of Southern Africa?

Funny post, thanks.

LOL right, its kinda like the racist thing, if white folk say a slur its racist but when someone calls white folk a cracker or wonder bread we laugh...
Maybe its because we really don't care and even laugh at ourselves.

NOW that being said I do not condone any hurtful racial language or activities .

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth
LOL right, its kinda like the racist thing, if white folk say a slur its racist but when someone calls white folk a cracker or wonder bread we laugh...
Maybe its because we really don't care and even laugh at ourselves.

NOW that being said I do not condone any hurtful racial language or activities .

You know I just don't get racism at all. I mean I can totally understand not agreeing with different cultures but to slur someone because of the colour of thier skin is ignorance in the extreme...

That said, If anyone called me a honky or cracker i'd piss my pants!!

Korg,

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
After reading the thread, and see and understing the OP's point, there are a lot of good thoughts in the thread to think upon, as well.

This is one of my favorites, and the thing is, you don't have to understand to enjoy.

The thought I can add to the thread that as well as being judged by our actions, we are also judged by our leaders. I will stop at that, and lead the uninitiated into a wonderful experience.

This is best listened to relaxed and with an open mind, it takes you places. Perhaps that is what people mean when they say lyrics don't matter. This song has lyrics, but - they don't lend anything to the song, they lend only to the listener, on their own level.

If you enjoy it, I suggest the Zoolook CD. It takes you to new places each and every time you listen to it.

Enjoy.

This is samples of over 30 languages, btw.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Libertygal]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well!...maybe it wasn't all gibberish as we first thought?

I found the true English lyrics of the OP song: Prisencolinensinainciusol

Freezing Cold, and Ants and I Chew Soul

Damn! I like the groovy beat - now I can't get it out of my head!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join