It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What English Sounds Like To 75% Of The World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by TV_Nation
I'm not really sure what point this thread is trying to make

We, the English speaking people...think we are SO important.

But this is what MOST of the world hears when we speak to them.

(minus the beats)

Gibberish.

But they can judge our actions...

Thank you Signals for posting this thread, it's definitely an interesting perspective.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
This is immensely interesting to me. The reason I listen to 'world music',of similar genres to my liking, is because I don't care much for lyrics, but I do enjoy the sound of the human voice. I find the words distracting. I'll often listen to our 'English' music and try to consciously ignore what is being said to enhance my listening experience.

I know I'm not alone. I've had a few friends and colleagues admit they do the same thing. Thanks so much for sharing!

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately most of my friends don't feel the same way, and think it's weird that I don't care about the lyrics. They just don't understand that music isn't about words, it's about rhythm and mood.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

That Benny Lava video is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages!

I'm glad everyone else is out of the office for Easter, otherwise I could have had some very strange looks!

BTW, I couldn't get the OP's video to work. I'll try it from home, where I know the punks in IT haven't been screwing things up, oh how they like to play. I just wish they knew what they were doing

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Funny enough, being a north easterner transplanted to the south this is exactly what everyone down here sounds like to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
1:33 of that benny lava song is one of the finest things ive ever seen, what a dance move visual.

Often wondered how english sounds to a non english speaker, but then accents vary so much especially in the uk.

Very true. I have a "Brummie" accent, which in the UK is universally dispised and ridiculed, yet many European countries think it's very melodious, compared to most English accents.

I suppose it takes all sorts to make up this world...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
lol What the hell was that?

To answer my own question, it was possibly THE MOST AMAZING thing I have ever watched. Ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So it's basically like how all people who don't speak or understand Chinese/Japanese just hear,

"Ching Chang Ding Dong Ricky Bu Chan Din Wong; Baby!"

Sorry if that comes across as rude to anyone. I have the utmost respect for the Chinese and Japanese cultures and languages, wish I could speak them. But thats about all I can hear. no La's , like the end of a Christmas Story. "Tis the season to be Hory, Fa-ra-ra-ra, ra-ra....ra-ra!"

The Chinese and Japanese love useing that word "baby"! If you listen to any Japanese pop songs, always with the "Baby"! Kinda like how these people in the original video were throwing in the "Allright!!!"

Excellent video, Interesting thought. I'm still trying to figure out if they were going for a real "English accent, or an American/English accent." It sounded more American to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bharata

just imagine if you were tripping watching this Russian eddy hill remix what would happen ?

this is a total mind control in itself right from the speech to the reaction time ! disillusion delayed slow mo to speed up LOL a good way to freak your friends at a party here try this and ill be back in 10 mins and this video happens ohh boy

thinking jim carey and jeff goldblum for some reason i can not grasp why ?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Oh dear. This video made me soo sad. ??

They are making fun of us. A spoof. Showing all the horrible secrets of our society, revealing to others how decadent and shallow we can be.
How sinful and perverted they believe we are. sniff.

On the bright side, that lead singer is hot! I've never seen a tall Eastern Indian. His fashion is like something from Miami Vice. *Swoons*

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
No thats not how we sound to other people because we have the ability to say/use our words properly. They slur and and dont pronounce our words right. Once again another ATS killer. What does this have to do with "Alternate news" which this site is for. Things like this should be on BTS (Belowtopsecret.com). Its totally incoherent and isn't even close to being true. I mean come the F on this site used to be serious dammit. Now its just a tabloid....

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Jeffdogg]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Signals

But this is what MOST of the world hears when we speak to them.

Gibberish.

Sorta like people hear when any language is spoken that they don't understand?

*SNIP*

I'd like to hear the Italian take on what German sounds like.

Well! I couldn't find the Italian take on German...but!...this is apparently how German Pop Hits from 1979 sounds in English!

Moskau with english lyrics!

English Dschingis Khan

MY GAWD! I actually remember these old awful songs from the Eurovision song contest

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has posted this on this thread yet...

Ohh well here's for a laugh.

English sounds cool even when you don't understand it

Korg.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeffdogg

I guess I failed in not getting a point across.

Feel free to hit the ALERT button on the OP and suggest a BTS banishing if you wish.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Great song. Immediately one of my favorites. Star.

Quick question. Does it make more sense when you play it backwards?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Italian version of Thriller...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You dont have to understand the words to enjoy a song though...

I dont understand 90% of the words he is singing, but I enjoy the song very much

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
You dont have to understand the words to enjoy a song though...
I dont understand 90% of the words he is singing, but I enjoy the song very much

I 100% agree. Though I am a muscian so I guess its always been about the music not the words for me.

Here is band called Cocteau Twins... She is Scotish and the lyrics are nonsence. The singer chose the sounds to sing that gave the right tonal quality... playing her vocal chords like an instument... Sounds like some form of language but it isn't..

I love this music.... If you like this then pickup a copy of Heavan or Las Vagas...

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Jeffdogg

I guess I failed in not getting a point across.

Feel free to hit the ALERT button on the OP and suggest a BTS banishing if you wish.

No, it's not the OP. Some are just failing to get it .
It's actually a good lesson in language perception.

I have a friend who studies this stuff. She's written a thesis about it in the past. Dialects, accents, flow sheets, how they came to be, how they joined in different areas, forming new ones through misconceptions.

In fact, I'm sending her a link to this thread. She will love it.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Holy crap! You have discovered the birth place of rap!!!

Good job OP!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Here is band called Cocteau Twins... She is Scotish and the lyrics are nonsence. The singer chose the sounds to sing that gave the right tonal quality... playing her vocal chords like an instument... Sounds like some form of language but it isn't..

I'm curious where you got this impression. With minimal searching it's easy to find lyrics for the song. I admit there may be a few errors in that particular lyric sheet, but overall it seems quite accurate, and the discrepancies could simply be from permutations in various performances (often songs are performed slightly altered over time).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join