It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What English Sounds Like To 75% Of The World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller

Sexiest man alive.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by firsttimecaller]

omg, I am crying from laughter after watching that...I try not to favorite too many silly videos...this is soo an exception.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Dipdadupabilibadupa allright!!...dipdaduppabilipadupa allright!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I thought this was great! I've seen this done before but not nearly so well as this.

The other languages with all their little rolling rrrr's, and their sss and their tttt's, are beautiful. Some say when you don't understand American English it sounds like "bark bark bark, bark".

But it actually sounded pretty cool here. I was afraid they would all be barking.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
To the OP I see what you are getting at and I think that you have a very valid point that is worthy of serious debate.

However you have also created a monster

I really don't know why I want more but MORE MORE MORE!!

please.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by firsttimecaller

Ooh man!!
I just about had an accident watching that. That video definitely made a crappy day better. Thanks a bunch

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Theomi
Best
Song
Ever!!!!!

LIES!!!!

Here is the real version without the music, the origional is still best though.

p.s. must..... stop...... the madness

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im so stealing this and remixing it. I will give credit, but mine will be betta.
Booya!
Thanks!
(edit-Im really not going to steal it)
-a little more on topic- this was dope. If this is how we sound to the other 75 percent, well than I am ok with it. Cept I think ours is a little more smooth =)

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Great videos - made your point well. All in good fun.
Seriously concur with the sentiment that regardless of our gibberish (agitprop, disinfo, lies, blah blah) the world can judge us by our acts.

gj

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Due to the nature of this epic thread, one more of those indian songs should be posted for full laughing till you cry effect.

this may be off topic, or not, who knows...but this is perhaps the most I have laughed in a couple months.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The song is all riff, a total 'earworm' because the riff never pays off into some sort of discernible chorus or ending. It's like that crazy "Chocolate Rain" song. Completely repetitive of the same looping pieces of music, that never goes anywhere.

The brain naturally needs somewhere for the music to go, but these looping pieces like this never have a pay-off, so they get stuck in our heads. Like when you get a part of a song stuck in your head all day, it's probably because you've forgotten or need to re-hear the rest of it. YOu keep hearing some small part of it in your mind, looping over and over. The best cure for an earworm is to just listen to the whole song all the way through. It helps your mind "complete" the tune and then you can let it go.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

exactly why I am going to give this song a remix. =)
edit-(no, Im not)

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I really like the musical sound of the video in the OP!

BUT!

The Indian video with 'Benny Lava' is hysterical funny and hilarious ROFLMO!

Oh man! I'm laughing myself to death! make it stop!

Those indian videos with the cracy lyrics are soo damn great! very creative!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ahahahahhahahhahha ahhhaha ahahahaha a what a wonderful thread.

Now back on topic for a min.

I remember hearing somewhere that whatever the dominant culture is people will naturally adopt their customs, language etc.

American culture has really influenced the world in good ways and bad.

A lot of languages actually have a beautiful sound, I don't want to reference them because it might be my preference and I don't want to start another tangent, I am trying to pull this thread back on track.

If the USA is in decline and other parts of the world are overtaking the west so to speak then here is a scary thought for some of you, Chinese or Indian
might become the dominant language, again this is speculation, it would be more likely that another language might evolve out of the mixture, for instance the English we speak today is very different from 100 years, 1000 years ago and so on.

I feel the madness coming back now more BENNY LAVA!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Benny Lava is the Michael Jackson of Indian.

He even did a combination of the Kid-n-Pay kick step and Ralph Macchios' crane style in the Karate Kid while standing on a mountain top!

It didn't exactly make sense but hey...in a place where you can get locked up for kissing in public this man knows how to legally push the limits and get away with a little sexual simulation.

Now where can I get one of those Buns they keep talking about?

- Lee

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
The song is all riff, a total 'earworm' because the riff never pays off into some sort of discernible chorus or ending. It's like that crazy "Chocolate Rain" song. Completely repetitive of the same looping pieces of music, that never goes anywhere.

The brain naturally needs somewhere for the music to go, but these looping pieces like this never have a pay-off, so they get stuck in our heads. Like when you get a part of a song stuck in your head all day, it's probably because you've forgotten or need to re-hear the rest of it. YOu keep hearing some small part of it in your mind, looping over and over. The best cure for an earworm is to just listen to the whole song all the way through. It helps your mind "complete" the tune and then you can let it go.

One of the best pieces of advice I have heard in a long time, the sad part is where I work we have music repeated all day and I usually wake up with some really bad popular song repeating over and over. I will put this to the test thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm English speaking, i know a little Spanish. I have noticed that, with languages that I don't know, I find I'm hearing melody, cadence, inflections rather than hearing any word meanings. There are times when I'm listening to English from another room, and I try to separate meaning from what I hear and listen to the melody and rhythm. It is very hard to do. You need to get into a mystic or meditative state where you "lose your mind" to a degree. It is during these moments when I actually "hear" English, rather than connecting meanings to the words and sentences. Once meaning comes back, I have a hard time listening to the sounds again.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
1:33 of that benny lava song is one of the finest things ive ever seen, what a dance move visual.

Often wondered how english sounds to a non english speaker, but then accents vary so much especially in the uk.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bharata

Yes, unless we nuke ourselves up we will one day share a global language.

Maybe everyone in the world could learn sign language?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Anyway, Benny Lava is way better than the OP's video

I duuno,
Ithink they're both on par.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The style of dance seen in Indian videos....reminds me of shamanistic dance, and hierpglyphic posing.

I would be interested to know more about the history and development of that aspect of culture in India.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join