It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would I get your vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry endisnighe, I just wanted to create a counter balance to your thread, give the left a chance ya know? If it makes you happy I'm not running for pres.

Now back to business. Here would be my platform.

Abortion is a woman's right to chose and the government should have no say in the matter.

Affirmative Action should be immediately scrapped and allow employers to employ whoever they believe is qualified not based on race.

Gay marriage is a private choice between two people and we should not make laws in regards to who can marry whoever they want.

School prayer should be allowed but not forced on people. We should also allow religious scenes on public property as long as religion is not forced upon anyone it is okay.

Death penalty should be abolished because it is a serious infringement on a persons civil liberties and a right to life.

Three Strikes laws should immediately be repealed. Government should not set a predetermined sentence, it should be left up to the jury.

Gun rights should not be infringed upon, period. All people who are not violent criminals should have a right to a non-automatic weapon without any permits. For automatic weapons you should have to visit a psychiatrist and have a full evaluation.

Health care should be privatized and taken away from the government and corporations. Government should create a voucher program for poor citizens with public investment into these accounts, these people with vouchers should have to visit charity hospitals only. All other people should pay out of pocket to visit a doctor and only have disaster insurance.

Social Security should be optional. All people should be allowed to opt in or out of the system and the government should not be allowed to touch the social security account for any reason.

Public schools should be privatized and create a voucher system for all children.

Protecting the environment should not be strongly enforced by the federal government. We should return all public land over to the states and let them decide what to do with them. Government should also not sign any environmental mandates that will harm our economy. We should continue to preserve endangered animals, endangered lands and reduce pollution.

Drug use should be legal, but only for safe drugs such as marijuana. The drinking age should be lowered to 18 along with the age of smoking marijuana.

Church welfare should work alongside government to provide welfare to the citizens. Government should hand welfare over to churches in rural areas while maintaining government control of welfare in urban areas. This would create full inclusiveness.

Progressive taxation should be steeper. We were very successful in the 'golden days' and this could be due to a 90% income tax on the wealthy. The income tax on the wealthy($10,000,000+) to 75% and lower income taxes on the middle class and poor. Increase the corporate tax to a progressive 25 - 50%. Eliminate the payroll tax. Create a national Value Added Tax of 10%.

Immigration is a good thing, as long as it's legal, and should be encouraged because it helps our economy and creates more diplomacy.

Free Trade should be eliminated and we should establish a 15% tariff tax on all imported goods. We should only trade with other high income countries and it should only be countries with a GDP (PPP) Per Capita of over $20,000. We should exit the WTO, NAFTA and all other international trade organizations.

Military budget should be severely cut to 1% GDP which would be around $150,000,000,000. We should bring home all troops and stop all foreign military bases. Stop supplying any country with funds for their military while still selling military equipment and weapons. Eliminate the draft as unconstitutional as it is a form of slavery and only encourages unconstitutional wars.

Campaign funds should not be allowed from corporations or any special interests. Only from private citizens which shall remain anonymous.

Patriot Act is constitutionally illegal and should be repealed immediately along with the pursuit of taking all criminals who authorized the use of the Patriot Act. Government should not spy on any of its law abiding citizens without a warrant.

United Nations is illegal because it supersides our national soveriengty. We should exit the UN and all other international organizations immediately and phase out all foreign aid except from private individuals.

So based upon my platform would you vote for me?

[edit on 4/6/10 by Misoir]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
nope. As with EIN, your stances wouldn not allow you to get to the election point.

On the hypothetical that it did, even though I am with you on many issues, i still would not vote for you. The military budget cuts, privatizing schools, environmental stance...these major issues would be enough for me to not be able to back you.

Furthermore, i think both you and EIN are shooting your own messages in the foot with these threads-the whole "i know best" point of view is why this country is in shambles as it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure. I agree with pretty much everything except for the privatization of health care and public schooling. I also wouldn't want to exit from the UN, but perhaps push for stronger reforms in the organization.

How would you deal with lobbyists?

What would your stance on transparency be?

Would you shut down the Federal Reserve and nationalize the monetary system (i.e, give Congress the ability to print and coin money)?

Would money be invested in R and D into alternatives to oil?

What's your stance on nuclear weaponry?

How much would you strengthen or relax anti-trust laws?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I like about 90% of your stances on things but there are some I'm strongly opposed to. (I'm Catholic, you figure out which ones)

I hope this doesn't start a trend of "VOTE FOR ME" threads.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I truly believe that privatizing schools are in our best interest just look at Sweden after they privatized their schools in the late '80s and early '90s. I am not flexcible on my military stance either. But when it comes to the environment I don't think we should be doing anything that hurts our economic growth, we should protect the environment I absolutely agree, BUT, there are certain limits until it hurts us more than helps us.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hey I'm a conservative, but I would be more than willing to give you my vote if you could make good on those promises...with the exception to one.
Death Penalty! I say, if commit any violent crime and you are above the age of say, 18, (murder, rape, etc.) you should be put to death. There is no reason for these person's existence. They are broken. They have nothing to contribute. You could argue that they have something to contribute, to someone. But not enough to outweigh the risks. No reason to waste resources on their food, water, and shelter. Humanely put them down, just as dogs are put down that bite people. This would be for the welfare of everyone else.

Other than that...good on ya mate!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I truly believe that privatizing schools are in our best interest just look at Sweden after they privatized their schools in the late '80s and early '90s. I am not flexcible on my military stance either. But when it comes to the environment I don't think we should be doing anything that hurts our economic growth, we should protect the environment I absolutely agree, BUT, there are certain limits until it hurts us more than helps us.

And these are the exact reasons why you wouldnt get my vote.

And i certainly would NEVER offer my vote to anyone who says, flat out "i am not flexible"

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
How would you deal with lobbyists?

All special interest lobbyists would be banned from having any position in government and would not be allowed to give any form of contribution to politicians, if the politicians accept any money from special interest lobbyists it will be treated as a form of corruption.

What would your stance on transparency be?

Everything should be transparent. We should place all proposed bills online while it is being debated and changed. There should be 100% transparency except when it comes to national defense where we should have to wait 5 years then release all top secret information. There should be absolute freedom of the press.

Would you shut down the Federal Reserve and nationalize the monetary system (i.e, give Congress the ability to print and coin money)?

The federal reserve should be abolished and we should return to the gold standard immediately.

Would money be invested in R and D into alternatives to oil?

Yes. We should be searching for alternatives to oil and other harmful resources. But it should mostly come from the private sector with minimal govenrment intervention.

What's your stance on nuclear weaponry?

I believe we should disarm, defuse, and destroy all of our nuclear weapons. No government would dare to use a nuclear weapon as we should continue to develope alternative ways to defend ourselves including space projects.

How much would you strengthen or relax anti-trust laws?

We should strength our anti-trust laws and bust all monoplies. If there is a monopoly developing that corporation should be broken down into smaller corporations. This would stop all monopolies.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm sorry but there are certain things that I am not flexible on. I am flexible on about 50% of everything I support. I would continue to fund public schools if I proposed to privatize them and it failed. I would not sign onto the Copenhagen agreement or the Kyoto Protocol. And I would not fund a large military budget that does far more harm than good.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm sorry but there are certain things that I am not flexible on. I am flexible on about 50% of everything I support. I would continue to fund public schools if I proposed to privatize them and it failed. I would not sign onto the Copenhagen agreement or the Kyoto Protocol. And I would not fund a large military budget that does far more harm than good.

And again, that is the reason i wouldnt vote for you. You dont need to try and justify it.

If a president cant be flexible, or at least approach things without having h is mind already dead-set on what he wants, he isnt fit to serve.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would vote for you if I had to vote. I am a philosophical Anarchist though. (I'm a pacifist, don't worry
)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I would vote for you if I had to vote. I am a philosophical Anarchist though. (I'm a pacifist, don't worry
)

I'm a hard-core pacifist too. I would want to add another amendment to the constitution.

"The United States of America, through peacefull cooperation and balanced trade we must always remain neutral in the time of peace and of war."

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So based upon my platform would you vote for me?

Wow...I would vote for endisnighe over you. If I had the option of the two of you I don't think I'd vote at all...

I do, however, agree with three of your 20 stances. Abortion, the death penalty and drug laws.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
)

I'm a hard-core pacifist too. I would want to add another amendment to the constitution.

"The United States of America, through peacefull cooperation and balanced trade we must always remain neutral in the time of peace and of war."

So we should not defend are allies and what about if we are attacked? I agree war is not a good option but sometimes it is the only option like WW2. Hitler would not have stopped and we should defend our allies.

Peace is a good thing but we should always have a really big stick just in case and when we do fight we should to win and win fast.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

One question you dont like the death penalty but you believe in abortion. If your wife was 8 months pregnant with twins and someone shot her in the stomach would that not be murder. Life is life and it should be protected by law. I am against the death penalty for the same reason we do not have the right to decide who lives and dies. We do have the right to protect people by sending people to jail but not killing them.

Abortion is murder it is that simple. If you shot a woman in the stomach that is pregnant it is murder.

new topics

top topics

join