It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boy Who Cried N.W.O. : Are You Watching Puppet or Puppet Master's?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For anyone who knows me from ATS knows I figured out a long time ago that there is no such thing as the "New World Order", and that it is merely a set of keywords.

Quote from : Wikipedia : New World Order

In conspiracy theory, the term "New World Order" or "NWO" refers to the emergence of a bureaucratic collectivist one-world government.

The common theme in conspiracy theories about a New World Order is that a powerful and secretive elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through a totalitarian world government, which would replace sovereign nation-states and put an end to international power struggles.

Significant occurrences in politics and finance are speculated to be orchestrated by an extremely influential cabal operating through many front organizations.

Numerous historical and current events are seen as steps in an on-going plot to achieve world domination through secret political gatherings and decision-making processes.

Prior to the early 1990s, New World Order conspiracism was limited to two American countercultures, primarily the militantly anti-government right, and secondarily fundamentalist Christians concerned with end-time emergence of the Antichrist.

Skeptics, such as Michael Barkun and Chip Berlet, have expressed concern that right-wing conspiracy theories about a New World Order have now not only been embraced by many left-wing conspiracy theorists but have seeped into popular culture, thereby inaugurating an unrivaled period of people actively preparing for apocalyptic millenarian scenarios in the United States of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.

Political scientists warn that this mass hysteria may not only fuel lone-wolf terrorism but have devastating effects on American political life, such as the far right wooing the far left into joining an insurrectionary national-anarchist movement capable of subverting the established political powers.

Those three magic words will agitate, irritate, and amputate you as people.

They agitate you because when you hear people like George H.W. Bush speak them you see them as a admission through evidentiary means that there is a massive conspiracy.

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995a50b011c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

George Bush New World Order

They irritate you because you feel impotent as being unable to do anything, except resorting to violence and or violent overthrow, which is always seen by Government as a threat.

Threat Level Raised to Help Bush Win in 2004

And they amputate you because it is similar to the story of the boy crying WOLF because people you speak to on the street, family members, and or co-workers quite literally see you as nuts when you speak.

The 10 Most Crazy Conspiracy Theories

The problem is however that these things are evidence, yes, but not quite how many people see them as evidence, it is evidence of one of the greatest, giantist, and most simplistic "False-Flag Operations", through a convoluted means.

New World Order : There Is No Such Thing, Architect's of Lies, They Created A Phantom Menace

It is simply a means to use those keywords, "New World Order", as a straw adversary.

The Science of Fear: Why We Fear the Things We Shouldn't--and Put Ourselves in Greater Danger

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94f1880c5ece.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Gardner, a columnist and senior writer for the Ottawa Citizen, is both matter-of-fact and entertaining in this look at fear and how it shapes our lives.

Although we are capable of reason, says Gardner, we often rely instead on intuitive snap judgments. We also assume instinctively, but incorrectly, that if examples of something can be recalled easily, that thing must be common.

And what is more memorable than headlines and news programs blaring horrible crimes and diseases, plane crashes and terrorist attacks?

In fact, such events are rare, but their media omnipresence activates a gut-level fear response that is out of proportion to the likelihood of our going through such an event.

It doesn't help that scientific data and statistics are often misunderstood and misused and that our risk assessment is influenced less by the facts than by how others respond.

Gardner's vivid, direct style, backed up by clear examples and solid data from science and psychology, brings a breath of fresh air and common sense to an emotional topic.

(June)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc.

All rights reserved.

The more "evidence" you think you see the more you discredit yourself to those people who would normally listen to you, and the more you seen to fit the profile of people like the alleged ”lone nut’s” Lee Harvey Oswald, Timothy McVeigh, or the Unabomber.

You are partially correct, at least as I know it, the "New World Order" is a game and a name, a game because it is a shell game, played by con artists, and a name which bedevils those who do not know that it is merely a fallacy, a game of control, and they emotionally blackmail you into submitting to their will, through ruses and shadows.

Blackmail : Keep Your Friends Close, Keep Your Enemies Closer, The Threat of Subversion Through Fear

The Old Shell Game

A recent event comes to mind where Sean Hannity disparaged the Tea Party Movement.

The Political Madness Escalates: Sean Hannity...

He connected the name of Timothy McVeigh wannabees to the Tea Party Movement.

What better way to discredit a movement than to equal it to a terrorist?

Think of the keywords, "New World Order" as nothing more than the perfect silent assassin, an Agent Provocateur, that does not have to do a thing.

Except agitate you into action through showing smoke and mirrors like a snake-oil salesman.

Through a means of using divide and conquer, it is the World Government, and their independent appendages of each nations within it, who are pulling off this scheme.

The U.N. Exposed: How the United Nations Sabotages America's Security and Fails the World

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b995d1a6106.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

A scorching indictment of the U.N. by a journalist who has done as much to expose the puffed-up incompetents and frauds of Turtle Bay as anyone. -- Rich Lowry, editor, National Review

Eric Shawn has been brave enough to wield one of the first shovels among the ruins of the status quo. -- Christopher Hitchens

Eric Shawn has written a superb book that objectively lays out [the U.N.’s] many faults and failures—a desperately needed step in the right direction. -- Edward I. Koch, former mayor of New York City

Eric Shawn makes a persuasive case that the U.N.... has drifted dangerously astray. -- Rudolph W. Giuliani, former mayor of New York City

Eric Shawn’s explosive book breaks open the world of the diplomatic elite, shows what really goes on behind closed doors and reveals how the international bureaucrats on New York’s East River are an even bigger problem than we ever imagined. -- Sean Hannity

Eric Shawn’s new book is a blistering attack on the world body’s corruption, hypocrisies, greed, ineptitude, scandals and crimes against humanity — and it delivers knockout punches on every page. -- Newsmax.com

If any journalist can expose the U.N. with wit, style, and common sense, it’s Eric Shawn. He’s a pit bull with a pen! -- Ann Coulter

The United Nations is supposed to be a guardian of peace and goodwill. Instead, it has degenerated into a corrupt and cowardly organization. How did that happen? The U.N. Exposed will tell you It is the best investigative work on the U.N. in print. -- Bill O’Reilly

If any journalist can expose the U.N. with wit, style, and common sense, it’s Eric Shawn. He’s a pit bull with a pen! (Ann Coulter)

The United Nations is supposed to be a guardian of peace and goodwill. Instead, it has degenerated into a corrupt and cowardly organization. How did that happen? The U.N. Exposed will tell you It is the best investigative work on the U.N. in print. (Bill O’Reilly)

Eric Shawn’s explosive book breaks open the world of the diplomatic elite, shows what really goes on behind closed doors and reveals how the international bureaucrats on New York’s East River are an even bigger problem than we ever imagined. (Sean Hannity)

Eric Shawn makes a persuasive case that the U.N.... has drifted dangerously astray. (Rudolph W. Giuliani, former mayor of New York City)

Eric Shawn has been brave enough to wield one of the first shovels among the ruins of the status quo. (Christopher Hitchens)

A scorching indictment of the U.N. by a journalist who has done as much to expose the puffed-up incompetents and frauds of Turtle Bay as anyone. (Rich Lowry, editor, National Review)

Eric Shawn has written a superb book that objectively lays out [the U.N.’s] many faults and failures—a desperately needed step in the right direction. (Edward I. Koch, former mayor of New York City)

Eric Shawn’s new book is a blistering attack on the world body’s corruption, hypocrisies, greed, ineptitude, scandals and crimes against humanity — and it delivers knockout punches on every page. (Newsmax.com)

Through all of this people end up either coming off like they sound nuts, or act nuts, to those people they love, respect, and or befriend, because the more you try to explain the plans of these conspirators, the more it sounds like you are just an anti-Government extremist, one of those "right-wing nutcase", or a "left-wing extremist" who will do anything, and thereby you push yourself into a fringe element.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

You actually do the work of those salaciously evil bastards in power for them.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Conspiracy Theory

Conspiracy theory is a term that originally was a neutral descriptor for any claim of civil, criminal or political conspiracy.

However, it has become largely pejorative and used almost exclusively to refer to any fringe theory which explains a historical or current event as the result of a secret plot by conspirators of almost superhuman power and cunning.

Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism by the scientific community and academia, and often ridiculed by pundits, because they are rarely supported by any convincing evidence and contrast with institutional analysis, which focuses on people's collective behavior in publicly known institutions, as recorded in scholarly material and mainstream media reports, to explain historical or current events, rather than speculate on the motives and actions of secretive coalitions of individuals.

The term is therefore often used dismissively in an attempt to characterize a belief as outlandishly false and held by a person judged to be a crank or a group confined to the lunatic fringe.

Such characterization is often the subject of dispute due to its possible unfairness and inaccuracy.

In the United States of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, conspiracy theories have become commonplace in mass media.

This has contributed to conspiracism emerging as a cultural phenomenon and the possible replacement of democracy by conspiracy as the dominant paradigm of political action in the public mind.

According to anthropologists Todd Sanders and Harry G. West, "evidence suggests that a broad cross section of Americans today…gives credence to at least some conspiracy theories."

Belief in conspiracy theories has therefore become a topic of interest for sociologists, psychologists and experts in folklore.

Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

So the only real questions you should ask yourself is, are you a puppet or the puppet master?

Are you watching the puppet or the puppet master and are you a fringe element?

Or are you smarter than those members of World Government who want you to do their work for them, and silence yourself because you snare yourself in the ultimate wolf trap.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2447475e78a1.jpg[/atsimg]

U.N.S.C. and 2012 : Political Ideologies, Nations United, and Views on Terrorism : Conflict Earth

[edit on 6-4-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I also do not believe in a NWO as it is told of in the conspiracies.

I do believe there is in power an empire one that crosses borders and does not work in the best interest for the public. The true rulers of this "empire" are the big companies which do without any visable morals enrich them selves without any concern for human wellness. Depending on which part of the world you live, how it is eperienced on a personal level.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I also do not believe in a NWO as it is told of in the conspiracies.

I do believe there is in power an empire one that crosses borders and does not work in the best interest for the public. The true rulers of this "empire" are the big companies which do without any visable morals enrich them selves without any concern for human wellness. Depending on which part of the world you live, how it is eperienced on a personal level.

I chased the ghost, called "New World Order", for far too long.

Wasting plenty of time because of a stupid game which is never meant for us to win.

Your avatar reminded me of this book which I noticed at the library.

Influencer Book Trailer

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I certainly haven't done the research that you apparently have, but I came to the same conclusion some time ago. Words can be pretty scary to people who are looking for something to fear. Great job, as usual, SKL!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So I pushed a meeting 20 mins cause I really wanna reply to this SKL lol.

Alright, I agree that the NWO that is shown to us, or spoken about by the likes of Alex Jones and such are complete fabrications.

I also think that the fact that George among other high ranking officials using the term NWO is simply to push people in a certain direction away from the real truth.

Do I believe a select few control most industries and political arenas? Most certainly.

Although the way we go about discovering and connecting the dots is completely fruitless.

All truth is wrapped in a web of lies, regardless of what kind of truth it is. This is no different.

We do know for a fact that these men, or this cabal or folk, control every aspect of our society. From the food we eat, to the clothes we wear and even the entertainment we choose to subject ourselves to.

Everything is part of the "Illusion" of free and un-oppressed society. When if fact Industrial nations are more enslaved and oppressed than MANY third world countries or those that do not hold such mighty influence over world affairs.

So IMO, the NWO does exist, just not in the way that people would like to think it does.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I certainly haven't done the research that you apparently have, but I came to the same conclusion some time ago. Words can be pretty scary to people who are looking for something to fear. Great job, as usual, SKL!

Thank you, BH.

It is when we fear the uncontrollable, that we are controlled.

The battle begins in our own minds and we must defeat the enemy there.

Before we can defeat one elsewhere.

By doing this I have literally defeated the "New World Order" within.

I am merely awaiting everyone else to do the same and to watch the walls crumble.

The system of World Government cannot create a slave race if we do not allow them.

Think and you will win, but do not think, and you lose, everything.

Deny Ignorance.

Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So I pushed a meeting 20 mins cause I really wanna reply to this SKL lol.

Shame on you, tothetenthpower.

Alright, I agree that the NWO that is shown to us, or spoken about by the likes of Alex Jones and such are complete fabrications.

I agree, and people like Alex Jones, are agitators, meant to stir up emotions.

Alex Jones Thinks "Swine Flu" Is Mass Conditioning For F.E.M.A. Camps and the United Nations?

I also think that the fact that George among other high ranking officials using the term NWO is simply to push people in a certain direction away from the real truth.

I agree.

It is like screaming fire in a theater.

Nothing but a stupid prank, a game, through Chinese Whispers.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Chinese Whispers

In the game variously known as Chinese whispers, Telephone, Broken Telephone, Whisper Down the Lane, Gossip, Arab Phone (from the French Le téléphone arabe) and Stille Post (Silent Post), the first player whispers a phrase or sentence to the next player.

Each player successively whispers what that player believes he or she heard to the next.

The last player announces the statement to the entire group.

Errors typically accumulate in the retellings, so the statement announced by the last player differs significantly, and often amusingly, from the one uttered by the first.

The game is often played by children as a party game or in the playground.

It is often invoked as a metaphor for cumulative error, especially the inaccuracies as rumours or gossip spread, or, more generally, for the unreliability of human recollection.

In the United States, "Telephone" is the most common name for the game.

The name "Chinese whispers" reflects the former stereotype in Europe of the Chinese language as being incomprehensible.

It is little-used in the United States and may be considered offensive.

It remains the common British name for the game.

Do I believe a select few control most industries and political arenas? Most certainly.

Yes, and most of them are bankers, power elite, and politician's.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Although the way we go about discovering and connecting the dots is completely fruitless.

All truth is wrapped in a web of lies, regardless of what kind of truth it is. This is no different.

We do know for a fact that these men, or this cabal or folk, control every aspect of our society. From the food we eat, to the clothes we wear and even the entertainment we choose to subject ourselves to.

I would say so much fruitless, about connecting the dots, but what we do with it.

Once we discover this and we complain, whine, and bitch.

Instead of actually doing something creative we seek destructive means.

Everything is part of the "Illusion" of free and un-oppressed society. When if fact Industrial nations are more enslaved and oppressed than MANY third world countries or those that do not hold such mighty influence over world affairs.

So IMO, the NWO does exist, just not in the way that people would like to think it does.

~Keeper

Of course, those people do not call themselves the "New World Order".

They call themselves our masters.

Only because we do not wake up and remedy that situation.

Through civil, passive, and intelligence means, we can defeat them.

Without seeking violence, aggressiveness, or stupid means.

We can vote differently, we can put people into office ourselves, or run ourselves.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thank you that sounds like an interesting read.

I do wish to explain myself a little further.
But it seems I do not have to because tothetenthpower already perfectly said what I wanted to say.

I'd like to ad that for any change to start the change starts within.
But tell that to the people in refugee camps or the people in Argentina.
Or Iraq.

Edit.

Of course, those people do not call themselves the "New World Order".

They call themselves our masters.

Only because we do not wake up and remedy that situation.

Through civil, passive, and intelligence means, we can defeat them.

Without seeking violence, aggressiveness, or stupid means.

We can vote differently, we can put people into office ourselves, or run ourselves.

Deny Ignorance.

Totaly agree with this to !

This guy Micheal Parenti gives the best explenation I've heard yet.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Great thoughts and ideas - the conspiracy if any exists in pursuing our human frailties as if they were righteous strengths. Greed, power ,avarice we all know as immoral, but we're totally blinded to our own motivations. "How could my greed be the problem, I'm not greedy - what about those scum scucking greedy bastards doing x/y/z to those poor folks"... yet our self interests cloud our judgements and our emotions blind us. We all need to realize like SKL that the problem lies squarely in our choice of perception and develop new ways of perceiving the problem space.

gj

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Love the video.

We have the right to define that which we perceive.

Therefore instead of allowing them to win, we can defeat them.

Which Is It, "Conspiracy Theory", or "Conspiracy Fact"?

Our perception is what determines which it is and is not.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Great thoughts and ideas - the conspiracy if any exists in pursuing our human frailties as if they were righteous strengths. Greed, power ,avarice we all know as immoral, but we're totally blinded to our own motivations. "How could my greed be the problem, I'm not greedy - what about those scum scucking greedy bastards doing x/y/z to those poor folks"... yet our self interests cloud our judgements and our emotions blind us. We all need to realize like SKL that the problem lies squarely in our choice of perception and develop new ways of perceiving the problem space.

gj

And we control our of own lives.

If we do not purchase the devices, implements, and collars we do not allow it.

Are we paranoid becasue we're being enslaved or are we enslaving ourselves?

Just Because You're Paranoid, Doesn't Mean They Aren't Out To Get You...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed7cce6a491f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I think this one is fact and it's one we can even easily do someting about.
But will we ?

At the end of part 2 the dear dr. even says that we spend more money on what we want then they do. Unfortunatly ( not really ) that money goes to saving seal pups and stuff.
The only thing they are frightened of is that reality will expose them.
It's happening right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I think this one is fact and it's one we can even easily do someting about.
But will we ?

At the end of part 2 the dear dr. even says that we spend more money on what we want then they do. Unfortunatly ( not really ) that money goes to saving seal pups and stuff.
The only thing they are frightened of is that reality will expose them.
It's happening right now.

That is just it though, things like "Global Warming", among many scams, are meant to divide us, not only amongst ourselves, but of our money and reality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/894763575b05.jpg[/atsimg]

If we consume our time through screaming, bickering, and yelling at one another, we are literally "eating ourselves" up, through self-division.

Chinese Whispers

By adding more stupidity to the equation we only become bigger idiots.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef2b1f59c1b1.jpg[/atsimg]

Stop the madness and start defeating the "New World Order".

Through changing, shifting, or altering your own perception.

Defeat the enemies in your mind, and you defeat them, before a real battle ensues.

Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way To Deal With Change In Your Work and In Your Life

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eea3a0b74e16.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Change can be a blessing or a curse, depending on your perspective. The message of Who Moved My Cheese? is that all can come to see it as a blessing, if they understand the nature of cheese and the role it plays in their lives.

Who Moved My Cheese? is a parable that takes place in a maze.

Four beings live in that maze: Sniff and Scurry are mice--nonanalytical and nonjudgmental, they just want cheese and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

Hem and Haw are "littlepeople," mouse-size humans who have an entirely different relationship with cheese.

It's not just sustenance to them; it's their self-image. Their lives and belief systems are built around the cheese they've found.

Most of us reading the story will see the cheese as something related to our livelihoods--our jobs, our career paths, the industries we work in--although it can stand for anything, from health to relationships.

The point of the story is that we have to be alert to changes in the cheese, and be prepared to go running off in search of new sources of cheese when the cheese we have runs out.

Dr. Johnson, coauthor of The One Minute Manager and many other books, presents this parable to business, church groups, schools, military organizations--anyplace where you find people who may fear or resist change.

And although more analytical and skeptical readers may find the tale a little too simplistic, its beauty is that it sums up all natural history in just 94 pages: Things change.

They always have changed and always will change.

And while there's no single way to deal with change, the consequence of pretending change won't happen is always the same: The cheese runs out.

--Lou Schuler

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I understand completely.

There is one minor problem where I run into.
When I tell or even hint such issues people tend to stare at me with glazy eyes followed by laughter.

Not that I mind but it does not help. They will keep up doing what they do instead of making a mindful decision to even change anything.

Fortunately it looks like things like climate gate speed up the process. Of being aware.
But then again, it also divides even more.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

And this is why I began delving even deeper into the rabbit hole.

I began reading even more extensively than I already did before.

And then I recommend books to people which contains evidence.

The Game of the Foxes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1afc200448dc.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Ladislas Farago, a lifelong student of espionage and an important figure in U.S. Naval Intelligence in World War II, writes the whole story of German espionage in the United States and Great Britain before and during World War II.

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75932d4680a.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Steve Coll's Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 offers revealing details of the CIA's involvement in the evolution of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the years before the September 11 attacks.

From the beginning, Coll shows how the CIA's on-again, off-again engagement with Afghanistan after the end of the Soviet war left officials at Langley with inadequate resources and intelligence to appreciate the emerging power of the Taliban.

He also demonstrates how Afghanistan became a deadly playing field for international politics where Soviet, Pakistani, and U.S. agents armed and trained a succession of warring factions.

At the same time, the book, though opinionated, is not solely a critique of the agency.

Coll balances accounts of CIA failures with the success stories, like the capture of Mir Amal Kasi.

Coll, managing editor for the Washington Post, covered Afghanistan from 1989 to 1992.

He demonstrates unprecedented access to records of White House meetings and to formerly classified material, and his command of Saudi, Pakistani, and Afghani politics is impressive.

He also provides a seeming insider's perspective on personalities like George Tenet, William Casey, and anti-terrorism czar, Richard Clarke ("who seemed to wield enormous power precisely because hardly anyone knew who he was or what exactly he did for a living").

Coll manages to weave his research into a narrative that sometimes has the feel of a Tom Clancy novel yet never crosses into excess.

While comprehensive, Coll's book may be hard going for those looking for a direct account of the events leading to the 9-11 attacks.

The CIA's 1998 engagement with bin Laden as a target for capture begins a full two-thirds of the way into Ghost Wars, only after a lengthy march through developments during the Carter, Reagan, and early Clinton Presidencies.

But this is not a critique of Coll's efforts; just a warning that some stamina is required to keep up.

Ghost Wars is a complex study of intelligence operations and an invaluable resource for those seeking a nuanced understanding of how a small band of extremists rose to inflict incalculable damage on American soil.

--Patrick O'Kelley

Conversations with History: Steve Coll

The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 and the Loss of Liberty

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c9dee81072e.gif[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Since 9/11, the world has become more and more aware of terrorism. It has become a part of our daily lives.

We are constantly shown acts of terrorism on the news, reminded to fear the terrorists, and that we are fighting a war on terror.

To that end, the US Government has used its official conspiracy theory for 9/11 to substantiate the actions of war and the continued disregard for liberties-all in the name of fighting terrorism.

This theory concludes that nineteen suicidal Middle Eastern Muslim hijackers, their hearts full of hatred for American freedom and democracy, hijacked four airliners.

Reportedly, two planes were crashed into the Twin Towers of New York City's World Trade Center, a third into the Pentagon, and the fourth crashed in rural western Pennsylvania after its passengers fought with the hijackers.

This whole "Mission Impossible" operation, able to defeat the United States' four-hundred-billion-dollar defense system, reportedly was under the total control of a zealous Muslim cleric using a computer while hiding in cave in Afghanistan.

In The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 and the Loss of Liberty, the world's leading conspiracy theorist, Jim Marrs, unmasks the facts about 9/11 and the New World Order.

Using primarily mainstream media and government reports, Marrs offers a more realistic and better-supported conspiracy theory.

He has crafted the definitive journalistic account of these events, describing the full history behind the overt and covert causes, and exposing the likely complicity of the Bush administration in the 9/11 attacks.

Jim Marrs asks those question few have been willing to discuss since that fateful day.

His analysis goes far beyond 9/11, enabling us to understand the motivation behind American foreign policy that resulted in war in Afghanistan and Iraq, our now perpetual War on Terrorism, and the continuing loss of freedom in America.

The book also contains the explosive essay The Pentagon Attack Papers - Seven Hours in September: The Clock that Broke the Lie, by Barbara Honegger, M.S.

Barbara Honegger is Senior Military Affairs Journalist at the Naval Postgraduate School (1995-present), the Navy’s advanced science, technology and national security affairs university.

Honegger served as Special Assistant to the Assistant to the President and White House Policy Analyst (1981-83); was the pioneering Irangate author and whistleblower on the October Surprise.

The Terror Conspiracy by Jim Marrs

The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy And Its Geostrategic Imperatives

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ec7219abc1a.jpg[/atsimg]

Kirkus Review : Amazon Reviews :

The former national security advisor is still a believer in geopolitics after all these years.

Like most foreign-policy aficionados weaned on the Cold War, Brzezinski (Out of Control, 1993) has been forced by the disintegration of the Soviet Union to broaden his perspective--but not very far.

He sees the US as the only global superpower, but inability to maintain its hegemony indefinitely means that ``geostrategic skill'' is essential.

To what end is not specified beyond the vague shaping of ``a truly cooperative global community'' that is in ``the fundamental interests of humankind,'' but in this genre, goals are commonly assumed rather than examined.

In any case, Brzezinski casts Eurasia as the playing field upon which the world's fate is determined and analyzes the possibilities in Europe, the former Soviet Union, the Balkans (interpreted broadly), and the Far East.

Like a grandmaster in chess, he plots his strategy several moves in advance, envisioning a three-stage development.

Geopolitical pluralism must first be promoted to defuse challenges to America, then compatible international partners must be developed to encourage cooperation under American leadership, and finally the actual sharing of international political responsibility can be considered.

The twin poles of this strategy are a united Europe in the West and China in the East; the central regions are more problematic and, for Brzezinski, not as critical in constructing a stable balance of power.

This updated version of East-West geopolitics is worth taking seriously but it is also an amazing example of how a perspective can be revised without actually being rethought.

(Radio satellite tour) -- Copyright ©1997, Kirkus Associates, LP.

All rights reserved.

Brzezinski on CFR, Bilderberg, and Trilateral Commission

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks a lot I wish I could give some more flags !

I'm gonna need some time with these.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
SKL,
I've been chasing the rabbit, excavating the hole, connecting the dots, reading between the lines, watching the magicians "other" hand,
following the money, reviewing the prior moves,
anticipating the next move, been hot on the trail,
and distracted by smoke and mirrors,
and after spending most of my life reconfirming that something is amiss,
it doesnt add up, or there's more to the story than the story being told,
I've come to understand that,
Yes there is surely something going on at the top,
I believe it has its roots in mental and emotional and spiritual illness and finds passage from one generation to the next, enjoys progress from one generation to the next, within, at first, many well prepared petri dishes,
societies across the globe, countries around the world,
and as it has progress, the petri dishes have become fewer but larger,
as the many cultures are assimilated into one,
and the agenda to reach that "one" petri dish,
that easily monitored and controlled "culture" is the goal.
All accomplished by subjects believing they are free yet owned,
owned to a created system they claim as theirs,
yet they answer to as well.

To answer your question,
I'm very much so watching the puppets as well as the puppet masters.
It's important to know the actors as well as the writers.

And you know, it's funny, but sometimes you just have to be honest, and realize that, yes even we, at times, have been played, just like puppets.

Good Post
S&F

[edit on 6-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

HappilyEverAfter, I agree with you, they want us chasing our collective tails.

Like Odie, running around in circles, looking the fool.

It is World Government, seeking a One World Government, but they are forcing us to create their Frankenstein monster, out of out reactions.

Sandie Shaw - Puppet On A String (1967)

They want us deliriously happy like this fun but oh so stupid song.

And we fall for this crap as easily as a child for candy with a sexual predator.

If we do not use our brains, of course.

I've Got No Strings - Pinocchio

I say stop being a puppet and cut your puppet strings and stop being Pinocchio.

It is time to be a real boy or girl and stop playing the dancing fool.

Begin thinking, without acting out of violence, and do the right thing.

Instead of the ignorant thing, instead of the violent thing, instead of living a lie.

Disturbed- Indestructible

Each time we figure out pieces of the puzzle, become disturbed, indestructable.

Each time we turn a corner and see them, become disturbed, indestructible.

Each time we understand we are being lead astray, become disturbed, indestructible.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son - Music Video

Become a patriot, not a pasty.

Become a citizen, not a fool.

Become a politician, not a statisic.

They want us divided and not thinking, they want us picking up guns, and not political agendas, they want us fighting between partisan politics not fighting for ourselves in a political ring when we might actually win.

Black Sabbath War Pigs Live 1970 Lyrics

Quote from : Black Sabbath : War Pigs : Sing365.com

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds Oh Lord Yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgment day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgment, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercies for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
Oh lord, yeah!

Stop the war pigs, pick up a ballot, instead of a gun.

Stop the war pigs, pick up a petition, instead of the phone.

Stop the war pigs, put someone in office, instead of living the status quo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2447475e78a1.jpg[/atsimg]

When we are presented with what we get enraged over, remember the rage.

Do not act upon it like an idiot.

It clears our minds and takes away the cotton.

It should make us aware that we have a choice not to fall into the trap.

The trap is quite simply set, waiting for us to walk into it, and sever our own freedom.

Ignore the trap, because it is those politician's, taking the easy way out.

If they can force us to resort to violence, we do their jobs for them.

If they can force us to resort to violence, we act stupidly, instead of intelligently.

If they can force us to resort to violence, we fall into the partisan politics.

And divide and conquer wins, and we do not, we lost out to our own stupidity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b088e6d9c26f.jpg[/atsimg]

Freedom is not slavery.

Ignorance is not strength.

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When someone first starts to research all of this, one feels almost privy to information that another does not know. People might look at you strange after trying to explain all that you have researched, because either you had an epiphany one day that brought you into this rabbit den and they have not. Remember the old phrase, "takes one to know one". Same here. You say how could this not be the story of the century?

In my mind it is because it is a continual string of dead ends. There are pieces of the puzzle strung out all over, some of them fit quite nice forming bigger pieces, but they never all fit together, and in my opinion never will.

So many good analogies in this thread already. I agree with you that just the name "New World Order' in stills a certain primal fear in ones psyche, because as we have talked about before, and you have in this thread, people are afraid of what they do not know. Or in another word, change, people fear change.

The term "New World Order" means that the old order must first come crumbling down. That strikes a bit of fear in anyone. Maybe losing your way of life, making changes.

I liked the pitre dish dish one too. It makes sense. Stories are raised from one generation to the next, passing down the old stories along with new "bacteria" to the next. Good example, when I first started down this road, I would explain to my father about the "families" and he would say it was the same cast when he was young. It never changes. I know that his generation of "phantoms' have either passed or just became the stuff of our legend. But all in all the same cast with a few more added to the pitre dish play.

I would like to think if these all cunning, all powerful people cannot usher in their "plans" any better and faster than this, it must be a falsity. Unless it is just more fun than a full on assault? What would they take centuries for?

The main thing I have got out of all this is more questions. Conspiracy fatigue. It's like trying to find out the meaning of life, and in a way I guess it is the same question. One we will probably never find out.

It's a modern day mythology. Some truths wrapped in many lies. Some body must be pulling strings, but not all of them.

Unless..............muwahahahahaha

EXTRA EXTRA ~ Read all about it: Your civilizations entire secret history, summed up.

Not.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
SKL

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I see a great deal of work has gone into this is as per your usual.

I have so many times just been like "oh its them again" referring to what I label the NWO. Depending on the severity of what has taken place or what appears "might" likely take place. The things that are blatantly fishy serve as an excellent means to awaken others. When the pattern starts to form suggesting that some shenanigans may be in the works we try to bring that to others attention to avert any wrongdoing. I have recently turned my attention to peaceful means of redress - Restore America Plan, articles of freedom etc.

I believe fully that something evil is at work in our world. Call it what you will but it's there. I do not buy into this idea of the ends justifying the means. People are getting hurt some are paying the ultimate price in the "game".

We are worth more than to have someone or ones scrutinize us as if in some grand maze chasing the cheese. Its deplorable and it cuts me to the quick so in my own small way I try to help keep it at bay and will continue to.

Innocence being hurt and killed is never an acceptable means for progression.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by WWJFKD]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join