It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Where have all the Gonzos gone?

Ode to Hunter S. Thompson

"In summary, this airman, although talented, will not be guided by policy"

That times' passing
Short time ago
Birds have pecked on every bone
We will not ever learn!?
We will not ever learn!?

Where have all the true birds gone?
Long time gassing
Where have all the new birds gone?
That time ago
Where have all the black birds gone?
Sudden flight by every one
Should not we ever learn?
Should not we ever learn?

Where have all the wild turks gone?
As times' passing
From time ago
Turned from soldiers every one
Cannot we ever learn?
Cannot we ever learn?

Where has that airman gone?
The one gnashing
One full of woe
Blown in the sky for every one
I must always learn!?
I must always learn!?

Where have all the fireworks gone?
No time passing
Where have all the good guys gone?
No time ago
Where have all the gonzos gone?
Gone to ground for every one
When will we ever learn?
When will we ever learn?

edit on 13-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Wow Robin. Earlier today I was cleaning out a book closet and found some of my Hunter S. Thompson books. Man, I really miss that guy! I am going to reread Fear and Loathing. My God, think of all the things he could be writing about now. RIP Gonzo!

GOOD poem!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Here's the music video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's still rainy in California. This may be news, but the systems that are causing this are not. I've been observing the weather patterns over the last three years and I understand the source. I'm a gardener and love fishing, so I watch the weather constantly. The storms which are part of the normal weather that flow with the prevailing winds and jet-stream are not noteworthy. But the severity and precipitation are very curious. Here's what's really happening. I won't even point a finger at global warming even if it has it's part to play. I'll let you figure out what the cause is on your own. The simple answer is that there is presently a La Nina dominating off the coast of South America. It's effects are obvious when you refer to the mudslides in Brazil. During a La Nina, South America experiences above average precipitation. The reason for a strong La Nina is an increase in cold water in the Pacific Ocean. Mix in a pineapple express and you've got lots of storms.

I've only ever once read a scientific article supporting my hypothesis. And I'm not going to search for it now. I blame Chinese pollution. I'm not forgetting India, nor to I blame the Chinese people directly. They only open their doors, it was western companies which rushed in to open new factories and exploit a massive cheap labourforce. It the smoke from the chimneys which is making the precipitation even more extreme. Add these phenomena together and you get a winter such as the one that's unfolding worldwide. It's as obvious to me as the nose on my face. Yet I hear nothing about it anywhere.

La Nina + Polar Express + Pollution = One hell of a winter.

That's enough.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.discovery.com...=rssnws1
edit on 14-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Excellent!

Your little corner of cyberspace is getting quite busy Robin!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Sometimes I think I am always looking for a fight because I am always disagreeing with everyone in some respect. You are wrong. My corner of the world is not busy. It was, past tense. I invited everyone here when the birds fell from heaven to give them my conclusion. A small crowd visited my party but the revellers never stay long at the smaller venues. They want a Mardi Gras. My tiny cocktail party was just that. Tiny. I realized that there would be a minor buzz here for a bit and decided to practise improving my social skills. They're pretty much all gone now. Just us freaks left. The kind of freaks that like to tell stories til dawn. I could have gotten frustrated by the notion that all the cool kids have moved on, but I decided that I'd entertain myself instead. That's exactly why I started the quotes, and then dispeared into an alternate personality. I decided that I would embrace the absurdity rather than kick against the pricks. Just like Hunter did.

You say you're from West of Ireland? Are you on a boat? A small isle? Don't understand that and am curious.

Watch my video. I rock.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The swarm near Guy Arkansas continues. At the moment, Guy has more quakes in the last five days and the quakes are larger than Yellowstone. Yellowstone is an active volcano and it's quakes are normal. Guy is not on a major fault or volcanic hot spot. The world may have focused on the small region of Arkansas where these wierd events originated, but it was as if they were on a guided tour at the museum. They paused, said "oh my" and quick moved on. Forgetting the bit of information they learned before they came upon the next exhibit.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
GonzoRobin!

Just got the chance to watch the video. You really ROCK! And that fish cracks me up!

I commented too at YT!

Rock on Rockin Robin :-)

Best regards,
One of the Freaks that inhabit this thread

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Looks like a lot of pressure around Guy, Arkansas. I would say a nearby fault must be ready to re-adjust itself. Runs from soutwest (at Springfield) to northeast, and just north of Guy. Is that pressure ridges making all the multiple lines way south of Guy? Looks like a spring waiting to let loose. Somebody must be studying this area. Right?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You fools. You damn, damn fools. I was born on April First. I'm more pagean than Roman Christian so I count it as the start of the new year. I'm no fool. Oh yes I am. I love practical jokes and relish the holiday. Well, that's not true either. No one gets the day off. At least teacher's are tormented for a day. They try to limit it to half the day, but they're liars and made up the silly amendent. I love knowing that April 1 is the real new year. I know better. I know.

I only write when I must. And believe it or not everything I write is for a specific purpose. I can't really say I enjoy it. I'm almost not really an active participant in the process. I'm the guy doing the thinking while other things are happening. The composition is mainly done in my head before. This mess is merely the stuff that comes out afterward. My son asked what the word reguritated meant. He had heard it in a cartoon theme song. That's what all these bits are, chewed up thoughts brought up to hopefully chewed again and swallowed back down. In order to teach you have to learn the subject yourself. It's amazing how much you learn when you're forced to teach. You have to find the words to exactly articulate the information you're trying to share. I must be failing on many accounts. I have discovered many things in my life and for the most part, they are still my pets and they are close to home. None of my puppies have run free to join the pack of wild-dogs. I'm not looking for a new way to express myself. What you see is what you get. When I write I am like you and only an reader. I follow.

What starts the process is an overwhelming compulsion to share what I learned. Like a kid telling mommy or daddy about the new cool thing they just learned. Except my compulsion is that I have discovered a new thing and not just heard it in class. I found it in my lab when I've been experimenting. There now I know I'm off track and I, the reader am asking the driver to tell me where the hell I'm going. Here it is, and it's a repeat, but the same thought keeps circling and I'm going to keep shooting at it until it flys away, or I shoot the damn thing down. It's Arkansas. Unlike the rest of the world, I kept my sights focused soley on the target. Like a stoic sniper I watch and watch, pulling the trigger when I see a glimpse popping up amongst the cracks in the wall.

Damn, damn damn, Arkansas. The people living there are not as damed as those from Haiti, but you can still say they're cursed. The oil companies know that there is poverty and high unemployment in the state. They know they can do just about anything they want underground. So, we're in the begining of their woes. Wait until the entire state becomes a toxic wasteland with no clean water. Natural gas companies are exempt from clean water and clean air laws. Haliburton loophole. Sad.

The damn earthquakes in Guy, Arkansas continue, and they continue at a rate that is putting Yellowstone to shame. Oh yes, Yellowstone can experience thousands of earthquakes in as short a period as weeks, or months. I know I predicted the last major swarm. Within hours of the start. Anyway. Other than major swarms, Yellowstone is acting as it always does. A little quakes here, little quake there, and once in a while a flurry or two. The two swarms don't seem comparable. Just check the last few days and you'll see that most of Guy, Arkansas's quakes are above 2 mag. The swarm didn't start in September as I thought and recorded here. It started in June at least. And there's been nearly 700 constant, regular earthquakes in a place not known for prounced faulting or long, substaintial swarms. This is not ordinary.

I'm keeping my eyes on Arkansas because this story may not be over. There may be another strange episode. Arakansas has temporarily stopped issuing permits of deep injection wells. They're not panicing, but they're not taking extra chances either. They suspect something. Funny how they really aren't talking about it too much publicly. Something stinks in Arkansas. And it's not just the water.

Something rotten in Denmark. Something shaking in Guy, Arkansas.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Theriteway

Well you're no fool. I didn't notice your post until after I just posted my thoughts on the Guy quakes. I haven't found the best maps for faulting around there and just tried again briefly. Post a picture of the faults if you want. I think the faults are being affected up upward pressure from the drilling and injection wells. The faults are constantly readjusting now and have been since June. The question is what does this portend. Love that word, needed to work it in. I think a major blowout of some sort.

When I was looking at the map you provided, I noticed a field with, what looks like to me, a field of long metal pipes. The field is not that far away from Guy to the north east. Wierd. I can't see it very well and I'll leave it to you to find if you want. Just curiousity I suppose.

I can also see large scale water contamination. The kind they won't be able to hide or explain away on other sources. Like a major spill or leak into a major river. That's enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm right back where I started. Either I'm right on the mark, or I'm spinning in delude circles. Puterman, make me a map. I've been looking on google maps and found frack wells in the neighbourhood of the swarms. They are obvious and you can see the drilling equipment and old drill sites. Blackjack Road, west of Wooly Hollow State Park. I'm currently running through each quake and finding out it's location in relationship to the drilling rigs. You could hit the epicenters with a mortar shell from the drilling pads. Anyway. I really didn't want to go looking for them. I knew they were there and didn't want to actually see them. 'Cause seeing is believing. I hate looking for things because sometimes you find them. I guess it's true, be careful what you wish for. It wasn't a wish exactly. But my whole hypothesis was based on it and --- that's it.

maps.google.com...(M2.3+-+ARKANSAS+-+2011+January+18++18%3A39%3A11+UTC)&ll=35.2775,-92.3262&spn=2,2&f=d&t=h&hl=e

that's just one of the epicenters.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was on Quake Watch and was asking if anyone knew a good webicorder to watch the quakes in Arkansas. I got tired of waiting and hunted the earthquakes displays on my own. I was researching and locating quakes when I refered back to the webicorder and saw the big waves. I knew there was a sizeable quake somewhere in the world. I immediately tracked it down and was off course at first because it was not in the "ring of fire" it was in Central Asia. This quake will kill many people. I got the same gut feeling when I saw the Haiti wave cross my computer screen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hi Robin, got your message. Give me a chance to have a read and when I have finished what I am doing I will get back to you.

Edit: Why would they stop issuing permits if, as their geologists supposedly say, fracking is not causing the earthquakes?

Here is the last 720 days of quakes

I will take a look at the map thing in a while.
edit on 18/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Great. 'Cause I'm pissed off and wish I hadn't looked. All around Guy I'm finding drilling pads. They even have a quarry just to produce the stone they need. It's crazy. You're the map posting wizard. Just try to show how many wells there are around Guy. Make a video. Whatever you want. The quakes aren't stopping and I suppose they're still drilling. Enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This link gives you the station in Arkansas that have seismos.

Stations here and this is the location map.

You then need to go to Bud explorer to get the plots.

This is the BUD page for The AG network

Select your station. All locations are 00. Click on the HNZ channel. Click the day you want of the online data. Goes back about 14 days. Now on the far right a new section will have appeared.

You can click either "Webicorder of selected time series data" or "Plot of selected time series data"

The first is the seismogram and the second is a full day waveform plot.

WHAR looks like the one you want. Pakistan is swamping it at present but if you look at the plot version you can see the Pakistan quake clearly.

edit on 18/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thank you for the webicorders.

Here's what I did and you can try it yourself. I took the epicenters for the quakes over the last week around Guy Arkansas. I pinpointed 19 quakes on Google Earth. You know I can only write and read and do simple things. But when I marked them out, they formed a line running from the southwest upward to the northeast. It's as if there is a faultline running in that direction and the quakes are along this path. What's mind boggling is that on either side of this "crack", there are drilling wells. If you consider that the Fayetteville Shale runs from west to the east, it's as if the shale zone is cracking in half.

I know those folks over at Quake Watch like monitoring the big ones. You should get them to wrap their minds around the continuing swarm of odd earthquakes in Arkansas. People need to "see" this. They need to see it because it's the visual aspect that makes it obvious. How can they say that it's not from fracking? The trucks used for fracking would be rolling over this area daily. And you have a gravel pit blowing up rock. And deep well injection all over the state. I don't want to spectulate. Who needs to speculate when there's something real happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am keeping a close eye on Guy.

It's personal, my sister and her family are moving close to that area and I am scared for them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I was going to post an image but I can't. Tell me the general location and I'll give you some coordinates to look at.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Marion Ill.

I know thats about 300 miles from Guy but it is in the middle of the Wabash Seismic Zone.

Just not a good area to be moving to, IMO

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join