It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Humbly accepted. It takes real courage being honest.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I know I said I don't listen to music. It hits a nerve I want left alone. Like avoiding ice-cream when you have a tooth-ache. Nonetheless, here's a bunch of songs.

Many are songs by Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash was born in Arkansas. But let's start even further back with Woody Guthrie.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I couldn't even listen to Hurt.
www.youtube.com...

Sarah Harmer made me cry.
www.youtube.com...

This next song brings out all my emotions all at once.
www.youtube.com...

The last song I'll give to the man in black.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I had to add it.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
I pulled up a material data sheet for Carbon Dioxide Gas.

Here's the symptoms of gas poisoning.

"Symptoms include headache, dizziness, shortness of breath, muscular weakness, heart beat irregularities, drowsiness, ringing in the ears, confusion, convulsions, coma, and eventually death."

These symptoms fit the descriptions given by the many eyewitnesses.

www.novachem.com...

Hold on a minute. These symptoms fit the descriptions given by many eyewitnesses? Have I missed something here. Have humans been affected by this or did the birds say that?

What about this - is this so different?

Get off the O2 kick Robin, it is NOT being caused by CO2 as there is NO source for that. Fracking releases CH4 not CO2.

edit on 8/1/2011 by PuterMan because: To feex ze liddle leenk!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Very good reply and points my friend!

I hereby award you a line 2. Actually I award you a star!!! My generosity is extreme!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I first thought some of the bird had gas poisoning. But I had to change hypothesis because the birds died from trauma. Yes fracking releases methane. But when methane reacts with water you get CO2. The gas rupture did not poison the birds. The noises of a rupture. Poof-whoosh, poof-whoosh. This is a gas release. It actually could have been from a pipline. But I checked and couldn't find any near the Windwood nieghbourhood. So I've dropped the poisoning avenue.

The earthquakes in Cenral Arkansas continues, another 2.8 today.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Surely if it was the case that water mixed with methane produced CO2 then there would be NO methane in the atmosphere?

I think you mean that methane burns to produce water and co2. But this is not being burnt.

Have a look at this (Word Doc) about methane inversions and wetlands

and this (PDF) - DISSOLVED METHANE IN GROUNDWATER
edit on 8/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Chemistry is not my strong suit. You are exactly right that methane dissolves in water. Hence the contaminated wells and drinking water. CO2 is given off when it's combusted. And it's really a mute point because the birds didn't die from gas posioning. Since I'm not a chemist, I just call it all swamp gas.

The rupture was methane. This frightened the birds. The methane seep in the river depleted oxygen. I am correct here I hope. Methane in water reduces oxygen.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
With all respect the nature of the particular gas is a minor component. There is a claim that it's nerve gas. They've been disposing the gas in Arkansas in deep injection wells. Also, there is a Carbon Capture Plant. So you can argue that it was any one of these three gases, CO2, methane, or nerve gas. But I think everyone's missing the point that these gas won't escape back up to the surface. The injection is the blame for the surface ruptures. The proccess displaces the strada and causes pressure above and laterally. This causes gases near to the surface to migrate. Up. The fracking process also causes this to happen when they create tiny earthquakes by forcing water into the shale to break it. What they are doing is gas migration. They just think it's really local and has no effect areas futher on down the line. But it does travel. This is what caused the seep and eruption. In Beebe, it was small ruptures producing momentary jets. The whooshing, is a sound that definately would scare birds.

The series of earthquakes continues. Three more in Arkansas. I think Arkansas has had more earthquakes than Yellowstone in the last few months.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

According to this risk map, the Guy area is not in an earthquake prone area.

neic.usgs.gov...

Sure they can get a few earthquakes every once and a while. But to have a swarm of 500 shallow earthquakes, not on the major fault, come on.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Check this www2.tbo.com...

Could this indicate a global problem related to birds and Arkansas (read New Madrid)? In other words, could this shifting cause quakes and gassing and disoriented birds, and dead fish around the world?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
I've found the last piece of the puzzle and it links all three abnormal events in Arkansas.

It's a geological feature known as the Fayetteville Shale Play. There is fracking, natural gas drilling, all over the area. But the clincher is that it's almost a straight line between events. Let's start in the West. 100 000 drum fish found in Ozark, which is in Franklin County. The swarm earthquakes, 500 + since September, happen to the east near Guy, in Faulkner County. The third event, 5000 birds fall dead from the sky in Beebe, which is in White County. If you check the following links, you will find that all three counties are on the Fayetteville Shale Play.

webhosting.web.com...://www.oilshalegas.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuil derpictures/fayettevilleshalemap.gif&target=tlx_picbihp&title=Fayetteville Shale Map - Natural Gas - Arkansas

oilshalegas.com...

You'll notice all three events fall along the zone shown in the map. It's the common link.

Here's the location of the smarm earthquakes.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Oh here's the CNN report on the swarm. I goofed up on the first link I posted.

articles.cnn.com...:US

So you have a fish kill to the west and a bird kill to the east, and in the middle you have a swarm of earthquakes. Unrelated. I highly doubt it. The time frame is narrow. However I think the tornado was just a tornado and this is to be expected in Torando Alley. But the other three are connected and the cause is fracking. Fracking caused the swarm, the swarm causes groundwater movement and gas exchanges, this caused a rupture which released a poison natural gas cloud which killed the fish and then the birds as it move eastward push by the prevailing winds.

All of three of these events happened within a 125 mile radius. With the earthquakes in the center. All three fall along the Fayetteville Shale Play with gas drilling everywhere around each event area.

Damn I'm good. This mystery that has gripped the media is bigger than they think. It's got them because it is eerie. It's a shame that their attention only seems focus when it's something tititlating. It's a sexy story. My solution is based on the facts and is logical and is plausible. And considering the state of the natural gas drilling, which has no over-sight, a man-made disaster seems very possible, The BP disaster the Deep Sea Horizon make my case. Do you trust them when they say it's safe?

Well I'm glad I had this place to write and not bother the Yellowstone crowd too much. Thanks for your time. I'm right. Spread the news. Fracking is dangerous.

Wow. So elegant. It rings of truth. I live in Wyoming to the southeast of Yellowstone, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a large bird/fish die-off somewhere around here due to the fracking going on. Not sure the story would ever get out, though. The authorities REALLY run the show in this state. It absolutely amazes me the way things are kept under wraps here. It is deeply patriarchal, with the men in charge making all the decisions about what the public gets to know. My hubby processes medical records for the local healthcare industry. In two years, there have probably been at least 3 dozen instances where he processed healthcare information about a violent crime (beatings, stabbings, gunshot wounds, etc.) that were intentionally kept from the public, as if they had never happened. Sadly, it seems as if the citizenry are fine with it. They have been brainwashed into thinking TPTB know what's best for them. I swear it's akin to a case of Stockholm Syndrome..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I write. Because there is a story that needs to be told. I wish I was in a frame of mind which would allow me to address specific issues. But I cannot focus. I am enraged. Believe me when I say that it's not delusion or unjustified. My thoughts are disjointed at times but I am aware of it while it's happening. As soon as I can I tether it and get back on course. At the moment, it's taking me all I got to contain my frustration. Corrections, leads, and avenues of research are left muddled and lost on a old forgotten path. Left to find their bearings.

For there are too many things to get angry at right now. I've been protesting againt the oil industry forever now, so that isn't the bug under my skin. The BP oil disaster did not surprise me. The only perplexing thing was how ironic the whole thing was when taking in to account that Obama, the month previous, said off-shore drilling could expand. It was like God said, "Hold on a minute there, fella." The rig blew up on a cursed day. Hitler's birthday. And then it sunk on Earth Day. I thought the omnipotent one moved in mysterious ways. Well, at least since the end of the New Testament. This must mean we've been very obtuse and we've missed all the other warning signs, bells, whistles, whistle blowers, sirens, red flashing lights. Something is wrong. Something fundamental and down to the core. Our systems are failing us. The backup system on the Deep Horizon failed. Many levels of faliure by many parties doomed eleven people. And contanimated an already stressed body of water and affected many people. And the disperants swept the slick under the rug- oh crud that's not right, it swept the slick into the convoyer belt that circulates the Atlantic's waters. Nah, I was pissed long before BP, and there's not much angrier you can get. On a emotional level, I dealt with it fine.

I didn't go off the deep end like I would in the past. I just catalougued the details in my memory for context. Arkansas almost threw me off the rails. But I've been ignore lots of time when I had the right answer. People believe what they want to believe. It's easiest that way. I'm winding down and accepting what I already knew about the media and the way the story would unfold and the way it would quickly dissapear. There's so much other stuff. Mass shootings. It doesn't surprise me. And I shouldn't surprise you. John Stewart pointed a finger at the media and the politicians and told them to drop it down a notch exactly this type of thing would happen. I saddned and shocked on a human level. But from a cold impersonal realistic perspective, it was inevitable. Sarah Palin targeted her. Someone, with voices, listened.

So although the tragedy upsets me greatly, it's not the entire cause of my disdain for the world at the moment. It's everything when you account for everything. The tip of the iceberg ripped a hole in the side of my ship. It demonstrate the failure of the entire design behind our civilization. Quality Assurance. CBC did a piece on a whistle blower who documented case where Glaxo was, hell, they were screwing up big. And you could see where the corporate model was covering it's ass and we're all paying for their cost cutting, which done for the sole reason to increase profits and drive up stock price. It's done risking human health. Our corporations are not looking out for our best interest. And we're letting them get away with murder. Early today my rage caught me by surprise when I was watching a raven. I love birds and I'm mad as hell we're killing them. The destruction of our wildlife has hurt me to the core. The human suffering is underestimated and is ripping families and communities apart. Imagine opening your front door and seeing an inferno engulfing the gas rig across the street. Or having your water well having a blow out. The damn kills were caused by a blowout. And invisible blowout caused by all the industries who are using deep well injection. Their killing people and killling wildlife. Their making everthing and everyone in the whole world sick. Petroleum is used in the manufaturing of pharmacuticals.

Our political situation is sick. Nobody doubts that. Even the news media acknowledges that the tone is dangerous. Yet the keep pumping up the volume for increased rates which bring in more ad revenues which increase profits and increase stock price. The machine rolls on,... and over you and me. You're just another roadkill on the highway of life.

So I'm so damn mad at everyone. Why start fighting when you know you couldn't stop swinging. Oh, if you think this is a long tirade and I've already ranted. NONONO. This is the Coles Notes, i forget what you call them in the state, cliff notes? And Ireland. maybe they have o'reilly notes. there now i'm just writing to feel like i got it all out and it matters not what comes from the clicking. It's the clicking and the delusion it helps. I play tricks on myself. Tricks to get through the day and the next crisis, whether that's personal or on a large world level. But is there really any difference. Only if you're in denial robin and want to shut your eyes to the dysfunction around you . How can you heal yourself when the world around you is sick and unbalanced. Fix yourself and hope you can help others. Yes.

"There's a pearl inside."

Despite the world and the clouds it hangs over me. I'm doing better when it comes down to the most important issue for me. My two boys. One is a great young man. The other, well he's a bit like me an so it's a challenge getting him through his lessons. I hope to make him a great man too. It's been very difficult but I'm getting through to him. It's so hard being one step in front of him. His mind is racing like nothing you've seen. Well, think over the most hyper-active child you can image and you may understand. I'll stop. I'm winning that battle. My stubborn, oppostional, brilliant little boy trusts me, and he's learning. Learning that learning is the only thing.

Oh, I said I was not much of a chemist. This is true. But I'm getting better because my son likes doing science experiments. Nobody doesn't like molten boron.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I will warn everyone now that the fracking industry is just now starting up major fracking in northwestern PA. These wells are just now beginning to be drilled, so in the next 24 months, watch.
There will be major disturbances seen in the Susquehanna Valley region, also around the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon area.
Just my contribution to the thread as an observer and a person living right where people are selling out.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

I love your signature.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A Brief History of Fracking through Literature

What the frack!?

Not a mouse stirring. Nor fish, nor bird.

Something is fracking rotten in the state of Arkansas

To frack, or not frack: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The gases and poisons of drilling's fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of oil wells,
And by opposing end them? To die: to drill;
No more;

Frack is foul, and foul is frack.

Frack about the cauldron go;
In the poisoned entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights hast thirty-one
Sweltered venom sleeping got,
Frack thou first i' the charmed pot.
Fracking, fracking toil and fracking;
Fire burn, and cauldron cracking.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,
it was the age of fracking, it was the age of foolishness,
it was the epoch of crude, it was the epoch of apathy,
it was open season on rights, it was open season on nature,
it was the spring of methane, it was the winter of death,
we fracked everything before us, we left nothing for us,
we were all going direct to Heaven,
we were all going direct the other way--
in short, we fracked ourselves good.

This is not finished. In fact I'm trying to find good quotes to fit in between Shakespeare and Dickens. I would have started earlier, but I wanted quotes that are fairly recognizable to the general public. I would like help if anyone's interested. Give me you're favorite quote and I'll try and fit it in somewhere. Only give me biblical quotes if they really seem to fit the theme. If they seem uncanny when you substitute a word and add frack it up. I'm going to try and quote from as many novels as I can. After I get through the historical account, in my conclusion I'm going to sprinkle quotes from politicians, celebs, and others if they fit. So if you have an idea for a frack quote, don't be afraid to send me a post.

When people in the future refer to an f-word, I want that word to be fracking and not f*$&.

Just adding as I go along.

Ignorance is the parent of fracking.
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

It is a truth univerally acknowledged, that a single man in posession of a good fortune, got it by fracking the earth and must be in want of a conscience. And a wife.

Fracking Lolita, light of my life, fire in my loins. I have testicular cancer.

Where do we frack now? Who do we frack now? When do we frack, now?

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish.

It was the day my grandmother exploded. She was sitting on the ledge of the water-well feeding the chickens when she lit up a smoke.

Subtitle. Fracking! A modern masterpiece.

edit on 10-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

ill tell you what ,, gimme me 48 hours to go though my book collection and i see if something would fit in your awesome poem

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Elmer Gantry was drunk.
Was he the captain of the Exxon Valdez?

It was a pleasure to burn. It was better than whale-oil.

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice
that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
He said, "I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you
listening? Plastics."

In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village
that looked across the river and the plain to the mountains. The plain
was obsured by the countless drilling derricks.
In the bed of the river there were the dead fish amongst the pebbles and boulders,
dry and white the bloated fish baked in the sun,
and the water was queer, and cloudy moving with goo in the channels.

He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad.
And that was due to the oil industry. His very future was obsure,
although the village of Beebe had long since dispelled the cloud of
methane that hung about it.

Psychics can see the color of time it's blue.
So what! My tap-water is orange and I can set fire to it.

High, high above the North Pole, on the first day of 1969,
two professors of English Literature approached each other
at a combined velocity of 1200 miles per hour.They were protected from
the thin, cold air by the pressurized cabins of the two Boeing
707s, and none of this could be possible without Esso. Put
a tiger in your tank and get that extra punch, extra power, extra
mileage.

That's a pretty powerful promise.

We're a pretty powerful team.

(in a deep voice) And here's another good reason to stop at the Esso
sign. Full color, scenic placemats, only 19 cents each with an
eight gallon fill up. This week, The Gulf of Mexico at sunset. Oilpaint
on a nylon material, highlighting the rainbow sheen on the Gulf's
tranquil waters.
Only at participating Esso stations.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi, Robin...

I find your theory about fish/bird die-offs intriguing and viable and even likely. And yet, it only explains things in the middle of America (and perhaps the Eastern Seaboard, from the poisoned Gulf Stream). You and I, we're both big fans of mapping stuff out to better analyze whatever it is we're mapping. So when I came across this map, I went "Oops." That hasn't even been updated in about a week and it's got a couple of dozen incidents on it all over the world, most notably in places where they've never heard of fracking. Brazil's coast. Northern Italy. Vietnam. The Philippines. Two locations in Australia and several in New Zealand. And there've been more since that aren't on the map, like one just today in Chicago. As far as I can see, there's nothing that all the places have in common. They aren't all near water, they aren't all near geologically-active areas, they aren't all in areas where it's really cold right now, most are far too late to have been caused by fireworks, they aren't even all in areas corrupted by BP et al. Can you think of anything they all have in common? Are huge amounts of CO2 leaking out all over the earth or something? If there IS nothing in common, far stranger things are afoot than we can imagine; dozens of mass deaths the world over, but from different causes? How likely is that? Are they spraying Corexit everywhere? I wouldn't put it past them...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I'll try to be brief. I could write forever about this one topic. Mass animal deaths are not rare and are not new. I say this without trying to belittle your point of view. For example, bats and bees. There are many reasons for large scale deaths, some natural, some not. Industry kills many. I've written about why I'm staying focused on Arkansas and refer back a few pages where I explain why. The article I will link explains how it's normal. It's just the media is paying attention at the moment. But wait a week or two and you won't hear boo about bees or any other wildlife issues. They are only covered in small bites.

Animals and ecosystems are under threat in every corner of the world.

And I'm not ignoring the other animal kills. It's just that I don't believe that they are all connect to one major cause. It's death by a million tiny cuts.

My son asked me the other day what monster from myth was the most likely to really exist. I had to tell him that I thought none of them were in fact real. There were logical explainations for them all. If you were to ask me as a boy which I thought were real. I would have said all of them. I want to believe so bad that they were real and someone would find proof. But I'm still waiting. And I once followed every occult idea and prophet I could find to give me a clue about what the future would hold. I now find their wisdom not so compelling. But I am still curious. Right now I'm watching a doc about Nostradamus. I find it interesting, but now rely on science to demonstrate why something is true and not let my imagination get the better of me. I will not shy away from alternative views, and love a good mystery and want to know if they are connect to real events and phenomena. But nothing I've read, watched, or thought, changes the view I've formed after learning everything the hard way.

Can I say that it's not all connected. No. But I can say that most of kills are explainable. Read my views on cold water inversion. Heavy melting at the poles is causing cold fresh water to change currents. The deaths could be from the failure of some to adapt to rapidly changing enviroments and is following the rules of evolution. Remember, the kills still are only a fraction of the total populations of these particular species. The blackbirds and the drum are successful species. They benefit from man and their numbers have increased at the expense of other species.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."

oopps, forgot the link,.

magblog.audubon.org...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've read too many stories about animal deaths. For example, in Alberta Canada, lots of water-fowl die in tailing ponds that are a byproduct of the oilsands industry. It makes the news, but most people say, "how terrible," and move on. Ducks Unlimited is a group established to protect wetlands. But they ain't no tree hugging hippies like me. Well, that's not true. I may be a tree hugging hippie, but I can wield a mean chainsaw. Ducks Unlimited was formed by hunters. They love ducks. They love to hunt ducks. They love to eat ducks. They understand industries and urban development effect on wetlands, and realized that if the trend continues, they'll be many fewer ducks. I absolutely love the outdoors and wildlife. Those that engage and venture into the wilderness know that there is a food chain and understand our part in it. Break a link and you destroy the thing that sustains you. I can't describe the intense saddness I feel whenever I see the broken links everywhere I go when I venture out into the wilds. Some of the garbage is has historic value and is relatively non-toxic, but it shows the evolution of civilization and it's encroachment as it sprawls out in every direction.

I live in a wild place. Bears and deer roam around the town just as racoons do in other larger urban areas. There's racoons here as well. But I rarely see them. There are many fewer, and they're very shy. The ones in our town are still relatively wild. Unlike the bear and deer. I had a buck stand up to me. The rut had ended so I didn't think it was a challenge. Besides, it was a young buck. The teenaged bucks are so unpredictable and silly. Remind you of another animal? I wondered if I should back off. I did. But the young buck did not. Then it hit me. It was waiting for me to feed it. The town has passed a law forbidding feeding them since they are too numerous. I realized that someone in the neighbourhood had been doing just that and this deer was waiting for me to do the same. I don't feed them. But they are always getting into the composter.

If there is one thing I understand it's animals. In fact, I understand animals better than I understand myself. When I encounter an animal it suddenly all makes sense. I realize my place and I don't feel like an alien anymore.

The other day my neighbours must have noticed that I am truly crazy. I was in the back alley and I was observing the starlings. They are very numerous since there is an overflowing birdfeeder along the alley. They were roosting in a tree behind my home. But it was the raven that made me aware of how angry I was about the fracking issue. So I tried an experiment. I frighten the birds to watch their behaviour. I finally decided that the birds were not stupid when I figured my sounds and movements were more apt to get people nearby investigating the source. So I stopped. I know my birds anyway and thought the excercise was only a way to laugh at myself to lessen my burden. There is an observation that makes me understand the birds a little better. They're real smart. It was real cold a week back. Everyone's chimneys were belching away almost non-stop. The smoke signalling comfort. This exhaust did not go unnoticed by the birds. They were huddled around the smoke stack and were keeping warm as the hot air rush past. They had their whole heads in the upflow. So birds are really that vulnerable to gases. At least not these birds. These black birds. And they're aren't stupid. I bet they've watched a few fireworks shows in the past. And watch as humans run about blowing off these loud firesticks. Curious species we humans.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

edit on 11-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Watch BBC

Who killed the honey bee?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join