It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
10,000 bird deaths in Manitoba????

What do they do there?

Fracking!

Fracking is also in high demand in the Bakken natural gas field in southern Saskatchewan, where 1,000 wells have been drilled and fracked over the past five years. PSAC is predicting 1,935 new wells will be drilled there in 2010, and 300 new wells in Manitoba.

Google search for Manitoba gas and fracking

The ugly reality of fracking

Ernst, a biologist and environmental consultant to the oil and gas industry, says EnCana “told us ‘we would never fracture near your water.’ But the company fracked into our aquifer in that same year [2004].” By 2005, she says, “My water began dramatically changing, going bad. I was getting horrible burns and rashes from taking a shower, and then my dogs refused to drink the water. That’s when I began to pay attention.” More than fifteen water-wells had gone bad in the little community.

List of fracking provinces in Canada

etc etc

Those shale formations go right down into the GOM as well. Murka is basically one big shale bed where there are no Rockies!

edit on 4/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It's nice to know that we agree on fracking. But the Manitoba bird account is not credible. I've found no hard sources. And I live by Winnipeg in neighbouring Northwestern Ontario and I haven't heard anything in the Winnipeg press or on CBC.

Here's an incredible eyewitness account of the noises heard just before the birds took flight. The lady interviewed, Faye, says she heard a "poof", followed by a "whoosh".

It sounds like a gas release to me. Methane rupture. Or CO2.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Agreed on Manitoba birds. I can't find a credible source either.

But they are still fracking.

What is the title of that song?

There's a whole lot of fracking going on......

There’s a whole lot of fracking going on, in my town
It’s a feeling, im feeling through and through
There’s a whole lot of methane every time that they drill
There’s a whole lot of fracking just for you

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

can we get a sound bit of what "poof" sounds like

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Faye does a great sound effect doesn't she in that NBC report.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The report does not work for me.

Maybe because I am in Oireland not Murka?

Edit: I will bid you goodnight. It's 04:31 here!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Bare with me as a major thought is going through me and you all know my thoughts get jumbled up too - but they are there - you two help me out here. BP Oil spill in the Gulf Cracking the eggshell Thread . Fracking in the Fayettevill Shale Play, which is attached to the New Madrid Fault. Hmmm - wait - the profEmeritus just posted in the eggshell thread how the theory is maybe hurricanes do in fact trigger quakes as the water from the storm flushes the sediment see Here. We have talked about this in Yellowstone - -- So let's see we have :
New Madrid Fault and Shale and Fracking
BP Oil Spill
Hurricane Katrina which hit the mouth of the fault 5 years ago
Dead animals all around the area up and down the Fault.

Appears there is quiet a few pieces to the puzzle here.

Can we throw in a Volcano :-) - what's that lake in the upper left hand corner of the field from?
Did I miss anything? :-)

edit on 4-1-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

The is moving very rapidly now. I'm having trouble keeping up on info. So I'm only sticking to the Arkansas mystery and the events directly related to this small window in time. That's the thing people can't dismiss. I haven't fact check many of the other animal claims. I'm pretty sure the Manitoba kill is a non-story. No one has given me confirmation.

So, I agree something is happening and it may be on a wider scale. But I'm obsessing on what I know best. And that's the facts surrounding this particular swarm, and these particuler events.

And here's another NBC link. It's not the main story, you have to click the residents story on the right on the viewer.

Trust me, she said it was a poof, the a whoosh. There it is.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I pulled up a material data sheet for Carbon Dioxide Gas.

Here's the symptoms of gas poisoning.

"Symptoms include headache, dizziness, shortness of breath, muscular weakness, heart beat irregularities, drowsiness, ringing in the ears, confusion, convulsions, coma, and eventually death."

These symptoms fit the descriptions given by the many eyewitnesses.

www.novachem.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's so wonderful when you've solved a great mystery and you can't share it with the world. It's so great to have done all the research and worked so hard to find a rational and scientifically sound hypothesis and have no one in the main stream listen to you. I love having my sincere and thoughtful ideas drowned in an ocean of doomsday dummies pissing on the collective wall. I love being dismiss after I finish the obstacle course all bruised and suffering dearly.

In case your wondering, I'm being sarcastic. I taught my young son what that meant and so everything in my home now has a touch of it. But at the moment it's the only way a powerless man can lash out at such a powerful force. I'm overwhelmed by the din created by all us mere plebs.

Well here's some graffitti for the wall which only historians from the future will understand.

I did it, I solved this and other mysteries. But it's so noisy down here, no one can hear you. The space between me and the Emperor is packed with crowds. I cannot reach him to tell him the Vandals are on their way.

Hell, the Vandals have already started to undermine the wall and it's foundations. The masses will only know when the walls fall. Then they'll scatter and stampede and most will be killed in the crush.

I tried to warn them. I tried to give them the truth and let them see into the future. But they were too busy chasing boogey men and praying to the idols. Just wanted to let you know that someone knew and tried.

We were not all sheep and followers. Some of us were rebels seeking truth and tried to lead the flock to safety.
I tried.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Robin, the mystery deepens!

Toxicology reports are ruling out poisoning.

Surely CO2 or Methane would have showed up in their blood gasses.

Also there are humans around who also would have been affected by this low laying heavy gas no?

If they were poisoned by the water as you suggest, then there would still be deaths of other animals and people no? Or even samples as proof?

I dont know.

Not trying to rubbish you as yours is the only explanation that fits.

However there seems to be no physical evidence apart from seemingly healthy birds and fish dropping dead.

Maybe those toxicology reports are bought and paid for by thos drilling companies?

Who knows?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Most of the birds did die from trauma. But the question is what caused them to panic in the first place. The fireworks explaination is silly. This would happen all the time because people are shooting them off all the time. Hell, people shoot their guns at them and there has not been happening before.

The gas started the panic. Whether it was a few dozen sick birds that started it as they died. Or it was from a gas rupture near by which caused them to take flight. One witness describes a poof, followed by a whoosh. This is consistant with a gas release. The minor explosion, no fire, would have scared them, but the rush of the gas would have panicked them. I've heard a gas release, it's scary as hell. Other witnesses say they heard cannon fire. Others say someone was shooting. The first bird dropped around 10:30. I'm sure they were some fireworks, but most people wait until midnight to fire off the majority.

The low booming noises people heard were not fireworks. They were the rupture. The fireworks confuses everyone and gets the blame.

Meaning, if it were a gas rupture caused by the swarm earthquakes, and the earthquakes were caused by the fracking proccess, it would seem that the gas companies will get away with another contamination.

Their tactic in court is to deny, deny, deny.

I'm sure they are happy people will be content with the fireworks explaination.

But I'm not.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes, let's please not forget that Dick Cheney is the author of the Halliburton Loophole of the Clean Water Act, and also former Big Man at Halliburton.

If he says get rid of any trace of the fracking culpability, it will disappear into the night ASAP.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Isn't Haliburton base in Arkansas?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You know what I find funny. You posted a video on fracking at the top of page four. You did this because you had a place to experiment. We both thought that it would go unnoticed mostly. But it didn't. You got four stars for the effort. Thanks for creating this refuge.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

They have a cluster in Fort Smith. HQ were in TX,
now in Dubai...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Wow it keeps getting weirder and wierder. 100 000 drum fish kill in Arkansas.

First, Arkansas experiences an unusally large swarm of earthquakes. Then 1000 birds fall dead from the air. And now we have a massive fish kill. Fish kills are not unusal. But one of this size in a riversystem is strange. It is thought that it is a disease. Maybe. But since it's drum fish. Maybe it has to do more with where they were schooling. Fish school at certain depths depending on what species they are. Drum like it deep. They are bottom feeders. If there was contamination of the water, whether natural or man-made, a heavy gas may have entered the water system and suffocated the fish. Just a thought.

What bothers me is that throughout history, many cultures rely on animal signs to foretell the future. Maybe these events are random and coincidental and maybe the die-offs are as a result of weather. But maybe they're not and there is a great change taking place under Arkansas. Maybe it has to do with the drilling. Maybe the drilling has set of a natural process. I love a good mystery. I'll update if I find anymore in my digging.

www.digitaljournal.com...

www.cnn.com...

And on a lighter note.

www.youtube.com...

Had to add, during the last month, Arkansas has had swarm earthquakes, a killer tornado, a mass bird-kill and a mass fish-kill. They may all be explainable and normal. But together they seem like a warning- an omen.

Nothing to worry about I'm sure. I guess I just like making mountains out of mole-hills. So for now I'll chalk it up to the randomness of existence and its infinate wonders. But one more strange event and I'll be making sure my cupboards are stocked.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

You've had this figured out all along!

Awesome!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Robin, the mystery deepens!

Toxicology reports are ruling out poisoning.

Surely CO2 or Methane would have showed up in their blood gasses.

What about SO2 or NOx?

That's what the carbon capture plant right next to that river produces

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hello, yes I did have it figured out very early on. In fact you could say I had my on it before it happened. So I was thinking about it and making connects as soon as new news came in. It was the swarm of earthquakes which had me first interesting in Arkansas. If this is a murder mystery, then I already was on the trail of a criminal gang. The fracking guys. When the event happened, I immediately knew where to start looking.

All hydro-carbons in the water will deplete the oxygen. This is what killed the fish. It's all the same industry really. The carbon capture guys are only trying to stuff the garabe deep down in the earth because the oil guys are throwing so much into the atmosphere. If we weren't burning the gas the fracking guys are so eager to find, then we wouldn't need the carbon capture guys. It's all the same gang. Companies and geologists, digging holes everywhere they think they can find energy. However, they are doing this with almost no regulations, and in my opinion, they haven't thought through all the consequences.

Keep digging. Maybe you could find the names of the salt-water disposal guys and see how close they are to the carbon capture guys. And they are probably others if you look. Poor Arkansas.

Let's not forget they also have water contamination problems. I am opposed to frack with all my soul.

Did you know they are drilling near Yellowstone. And that it's water aquifer is high pressure and heated.

Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
this is a copy of a post on another thread

Thank you for visiting my thread and acknowledging that I knew what was happening almost immediately. The reason is research. Reading. And reading and reading and reading. And thinking.

And searching.

To solve a mystery you need facts. And you need to prove that your hypothesis is possible. Your hypothesis is plausible. In fact it's very possile. If you find examples that show a history and example of the occurance, then you have to accept that the same may be happening here.

For example.

There has been a small quake recorded yesterday in Arkansas. The epicenter is in exact the same location as the other 500 or so that have happened since September. 1.8 magnitude.

Can deep injection wells cause earthquakes?

Well let's ask the experts. The scientists. According to the USGS, it not only possible, it's happened. And not just once.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The good people at the Arkansas Wildlife Agency may be having a good laugh at those of us who offer alternative solutions, and in truth many are nuts, and I know nuts, we have science on our side.

Do not be distracted by all the animal reports. Some are true and are normal kills which do happen all the time all over the planet. The media is noticing them because of this story. Many of the kills are natural and due to cold snap. Cold water inversion changes the oxygen levels at different depths and kills fish. Other natural causes kill mass animals. Many of the kills are pollution related. The cold water inversion may have contributed to the drum fish kill. The cold water and run-off disturbing sediment which released gas and reacted with water to remove the oxygen. Other pollutants in the water, most likely hydro-carbons, have already made a sick river- sicker. The fossil fuel industry is killing us slowly and suddenly. Depending on the weather.

The only animal kills you should be focusing on is the ones in Arkansas, Kentucky and Louisiana. The birds are from the same flock originating in Arkansas. Many of the rest of the kills may be normal. I've read about many kills because I'm a wildlife guy. So mass kills don't really surprise me. The reason I was ontop of the Arkansas story is because of the fracking and swarm earthquakes. I am obsessed by volcanoes, earthquakes and wildlife. The oil industry is killing my wildlife and their causing it some of it by causing earthquakes. And these I know. The minute I heard about the practise of fracking I became obsessed with that.

They are fracking near a volcano. It has a hot geysers system under extreme pressure. If methane gas migrates into that resorviour. I won't finish this thought. But I will state the volcanoes name. It's name is Yellowstone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join