It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sorry, I must post more stuff on the eruption. If I repeat any sites, please forgive. I'm obsessed with volcanoes. I try my best to distract myself with other things and focus on the really important stuff. But it's hard when the entire world seems to be talking about volcanoes. Most of the attention is due to the disruption. But at least the eruption is serving to educate. Six years ago I couldn't name you five volcanoes. And I thought they were driven by baking soda and vinegar and were made out of paper mache'. After I developed my hypothesis, magma and water invade my thoughts on a daily basis. Last night I watched a documentary on the moon. I shouldn't have.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.npr.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

www.google.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

news.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Drat- double post. I'll fill this with something else soon.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Robin Marks]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
very interresting page about an VEI 8 event.. toba...

www.andaman.org...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Nice find that one. I personally think Toba is one to watch. No one seems to pay it any attention since it has done nothing for a while, but having read somewhere that the dome in the centre of the caldera has over the millennia risen 450m that made me think.

It is still an active volcano with vents on the north side of the dome, and I don't think it is done playing with us yet.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Toba. It started my whole obsession. It may be the most critical event in the evolution of human beings. The eruption 73 000 years ago that is. The bottleneck forced immediate, inventive adaptation in order to survive. I believe that it may have started storytelling in it's complete form. I'm sure there was singing and stories. But they would be simple tales to help teach things like hunting, tool making, and simple planning. The eruption would have created characters, crisis, climax and a resolution. The complete story. The struggle to survive would have been remember and passed from generation to generation in that accounting of events. The lessons learned would be passed along to help prepare for another future disaster. I believe that the story of the Pheonix is directly linked to this original story. Our first story is exactly the same as our modern disaster movie. The myth is in our DNA. It is copied and modified over and over again. The design is bascially the same, but the time and place change to suit our enviroment and situation. The filmakers of the megadeath epic 2012 have plagarized a story told long ago. Some 70 000 year ago.

I've imagined this story being told. The storyteller was the first ever. He was a shaman. A Little Shaman. His name was Duck Duck. He survived the most catastrophic event that any human has ever witnessed. He saw the end of the world. And then lived to tell of it's rebirth.

Duck Duck told the story of the Phoenix.

And I need to tell his story...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Puterman, if you happen to check this thread for some reason, you'll see it's almost exhausted it's usefulness. I'm almost convinced not to check here anymore. Maybe you could do one more map if you're interested. I have claimed that Hudson Bay, Manicougan, and the Gulf of St. Lawerence are all in perfected alignment. Maybe you could show this in a map here before the thread becomes completely stagnant. It could be the last word here. Or rather, the last image.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What a week. Some really big highs. Some really big lows. Lots of Patience. Lots of woes.

But All in All, I survived.

And here I am. In a dusty nook in a vast cyberspace. A secret hole safe from the fires on the surface. A place forgetten, then found, reclaimed, and cozy.

I'm tired. Very tired. Been trying to do the Lord's work. Being good.
I'm imperfect.

But I am as clever as anyone. It may take me longer to get there. I may make more mistakes than anyone else. I may become lost and irrational. But in the end, I grapple the truth and hang on for dear life. And travel with it, no matter where that takes me.

I have a dream. No. I've had a vision. I'm a shaman. Every minute. Everyday, starting with my infantile dreams where I learned preception. Discomforting distortions. Pillows heavy. Large objects as light as a feather. Falling down stairs that lose their steps like melting ice, evaporting underneath you. A rain covered window obscuring the outdoors, shatter proof and non-existent in the same breath. A mouth and throat that screams only to have nothing come out and nothing heard. Crying without tears. A consciousness that that won't stop trying to connect the dots. A mind that wants to understand. I've never stopped for a moment. A child they called motormouth. A child that couldn't stop. Couldn't stop thinking. Couldn't slow down.

Now I'm tired. Can't say I know it all. Can't say I know that much about any one thing. Except 1 doesn't equal 1.

Because there is only one.

I know how it happened. I know how I came to exist here and now, and how long it took for life to make me. Billions of years. I belong to a group of deep thinking beings. Self-aware.

Forever, I wondered the how and why of my being. And now I know.

God's paintbrush may be nature. But his pencil and eraser is vulcanism.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

You have a good way with words Robin, and I like the idea of this being a dusty nook in a vast cyberspace. (I am assuming that you were referring to this thread?)

Manicougan: Mm, can't really include that circle in your theory - if the circular structure is what you meant. It is a known impact site.

Manicouagan, Quebec, Canada

Name: Manicouagan
Region: Quebec
Continent: North America
Diameter: 100km (~62.1 mile)
Position: W 68° 42' N 51° 23'
Is exposed
Was drilled

Information from Google Earth.

Also found this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6f0250ed300.png[/atsimg]
edit on 9/10/2010 by PuterMan because: Added Image and new link

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I just it's not as lonely in here as I thought.

Manicouagan. I would ignore it if I could. But falls directly inline with the other formations. I understand that it is thought to be an impact. Which is strange because if it is an impact, then the other formation which are aligned should be impacts as well. Like Shoemaker Levy 9.

I don't expect you to keep posting here, but if you're still glutton for punishment. Do the google earth excersise and post it here.

Step three. On Google Earth, use the ruler and place your first point at Sentry Island in western Hudson Bay.

61 09' 38.73" N 93 52' 01.08" W

Place the next point in the Altantic Ocean mountain range found at coordinates,

35 50' 14.09" N 51 30' 46.17" W

Here we have many crater like formations in a perfect line. I'm not the only one whose thought that Hudson Bay and the Gulf of St Lawerence were craters. Many scientists have contemplated this and surveys have been preformed.

Of course there is a conflict. And I'll be humble enough to ingore my own hypothesis. There may be an unknown reason that they are not finding shocked rock at either site.

Or maybe, Manicougan has been incorrectly classified as an impact. If you have an massive eruption, you'll get shocked rock as well. And raised iridum levels.

Not so humbly, I will suggest that the reason that they cannot find shocked rock in Hudson Bay or the Gulf of St Lawrence, is that the eruption ejects material. Most relatively small eruptions have the material flow out over the land and ejected only short distances. If you have a "Verne shot", or as I call it, a Volcanic Mass ejection, the material reaches near orbit, or actually breaks through "thin atmosphere to reach orbit. Then the material is not there to be found. After a nuclear detonation, there is not much of the vessel that contain left to be found. Of course there would be some material in the region. But then we forget about erosion. We forget the glaciers which are thought to have carved the lakes of Canada. Many series of glaciation scours the land and it flows out and is widley dispersed. Therefore becoming so scattered that it fades in the background. The evidence is there, but it will only be discovered if the geologists look for it specifically with the thought of a mass ejection in mind. To find it, you'd have to be looking for it, otherwise it's fades in to the background. They may be picking up traces, but they could be associating it with some other known eruption around the same period.

The "Verne shot" is no so theoretical. On Santorini, geologists have found huge boulders blown from the eruption at great distances. The eruption on Thera was relatively small compared to the ones I theroize. Don't forget that Thera was still powerful. The cloud it produced rained Sulfuric Acid on the Holy Land.

I wish I could be this imaginative. I didn't pull these ideas out of my ass. I followed a thought and looked for clues. The clues led me to the answer. The answer is so amazing, it could not be soley the production of my over active and hyper imagination.

Got go and preoccupying my mind. Thanks for the visit.

I'm right damn it. Damn damn damn.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
From what I can see, he he, you are online now and may be just finishing reading what I wrote on the Yellowstone Thread. And maybe you'll wander over here and read this. If you read this within the next several minutes, I'll be still here and will immediately read your response. I'd like to debate you. I hope I'm right and you're a conservative. Because I want to find from the "other' side and find the answer. Cause it's in the middle. Trust me, I don't always have the answer, but I always find it when I journey to the middle. That's what I want to find here and now. The middle. Let's talk about everything and work to find the most probable answer and then think of ways to solve the problem, if there is one, and find a way to start uniting people and finding our way to the future. At the moment I think we're all lost, and that includes you and me. Just like Star Trek, we need to unite and navigate where no one has ever gone before. The future. I want to get there in one piece. And that's only because I have children which need to get there. Why here and why now? Why not? This place was created by you and wouldn't it be nice if something you created had the power to change the future? I thinks so.

So if you want to, just start writing. Who knows' where this empty void may take us?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I guess if I am anything in a political way then I am conservative, but I am really not a political animal at all. I consider the whole lot should be sacked and that a benevolent dictator should take over, trouble is you could never find anyone whose head would not be swayed by the power, except me of course!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am just taking a look at those co-ordinates, but you know many 'patterns' can work. How about this one?

edit on 4/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Or of course if you really wanted to get with the circles you could add the two together.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've noticed the other arc in the Arctic as well. I also think that the major lakes in North America also form a line of caldera. But I wanted to focus on my best evidence. The reason that I linked these formations to one line is that this is the direction of plate movement over the last few hundred million years. At least since the time of the breakup of Pangea, the North American Plate has been travelling North by Northwest. You can observe this by the way the plate is moving away from the mid Atlantic ridge. Also, I chose these arcs because they intersect. And the distances between them, and their relative postions correlate with major extinction events. You find the rate of the plate movement ove the last 200 million years, then apply number to a scale and when you slide the continent backward in time, the distances are relatively on the mark. I didn't randomly pick the arcs. And Manicougan was an after thought when I realized that the line carves it perfectly in two. I know they claim it is an impact site. But there is always a possibility they are wrong. Could you run the line along the coordinates I gave you and show me the whole thing. You've done a great job on the Hudson Bay line. If you do all of it you should see how it slices through Manicougan. I'd make an animated film if I could without difficulty. But I can't.

Was I right? Are you a conservative?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I answered your question about being a conservative.

If you move the slider at the bottom of the second picture you will see that if goes through your points although the Atlantic one is not shown.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Surely the north American plate has been moving south west (ish)? If it was not then the Yellowstone hot spot positions would not work. (Not that they do anyway - what is the evidence for these outlines?) Explain how the old caldera positions are in a curved line and then suddenly they do a side step? The orange would be the next position in a progression, but no it did a 100+ degree turn.

BS is my opinion of that.

By the way I am not fan of Pangea. It is about the most unlikely tale I have ever heard.
edit on 4/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes! I'm so sorry. I see that you've answered the political question. I understand what you mean by benevolent dictator, but I think what we really need is more education, and less apathy. You are absolutely correct that power corrupts, that's why I like idea of consensus and popular opinion- eventually we get it right and take the next step. The only problem today is that we are way out of balance. I'll pause there on that front.

I really appreciate the map. In my haste I missed the slider at the bottom. I know you've heard me before complain that I basically illertate. I've had my own computer now for the last four years. I only got one because I needed to share my hypothesis and my maps. I hate and love my computer. I love the information, but find the rest of the processess, tedious and at other times too complicated with lots of confusing things popping up that mean nothing to me. God I sound like I'm a hundred. The map is great and must thank you again.

My whole hypothesis depended on finding a formation which was gigantic and a perfect circle. That's why I had to notice the Eastern Arc. Then I used the other formations in the line of plate movement.

If I was the only one to see the arcs, I'd think it was just my imagination. But as the paper I provided said, these particular arcs are so noticable that real investigation has taken place to determine the origin of their formation and they've been specifically looking for evidence of shocked rock. We won't go there, but these particular sites were chosen because they are so noticable and promising enough to spend millions in the process. So tying all these important land features together and then finding a correlation is significant. Even your North-South line uses the perfect circle in Hudson Bay. I'd love to understand the exact process when it comes to volcanoes and arcs. Afterall our planet is an arc. The arc just above the eastern arc is amazing as well. Whatever process that formed all these arc is amazing. So the arcs are indeed a feature of land formatioin caused by volcanic action. The destructive power could also produce arcs if that explosion is large enough. An atomic explosion has a very perfect radius. If there was an eruption beyond what is now accepted, it would exloded outwardly and uniformly, and vaporizing everything in circle. Sorry for the crudeness of the next example. A boil or pimple reacts exactly in the same manner. The infected pore swells and when it gets to a critical point, it explodes and leaves a circular crater. I once popped a zit on my girlfriend's head. It hit the cieling. It popped with such a force that I was shocked and disgusted and fascinated all in the same moment. It was a stucco cieling so I couldn't see it immediately. But I was sure that I saw the puss shoot passed my face. I found it on the cieling.

Probably lost ya there. But if the reaction is the same, it helps illustrate the process. The sun does the same thing, CME. Stuff under pressure when breached explode and eject material. I'll stop there. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You are very observant, yes there has been a major change in the chain. The North American Plate is crashing into the other plates and is changing direction. I like to think of North America as a car in a wreck, as it smashs into the other plates is disorting and get pushed in another direction. What seems to be happening now is that the North American plate isn't over taking the other plates resistance and has pushed back so to speak. Hence the Rockie Mountains with it's sheer face. There is a major collision is happening here and I think you're observing this exactly. There is a difference and you're right to notice it.

Just to be clear, you've omitted one of the caldera I think? The HuckleBerry I think. I would know off the top of my head but I really try not to obsess.
edit on 4-11-2010 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

100 + degree turn = side vents

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Please ignore anything I post here for the next couple of hours. Thanks. I am reworking my post formatting manual.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join