It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robinesque Ruminations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Thanks Penny. Saved me getting to it. Glad I called in here first and saw your map.

Excellent.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I was about to check on the drift when I got to this post.

Now you have my attention. Not that I was not interested before. but this makes me sit up.

Try this in Google but do NOT click on the link for IKKUMA which is the one you want.

Go to the cached version as the site has in my opinion been compromised.

This is the lady who also thinks Hudson's Bay is a caldera and it is very interesting reading.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Were you going to make any maps? Or did you think PennyQ's map was sufficent?

She admitted heself that her version was a bit wonky. I was hoping with all your computer skills you could provide some mindblowing graphics.

I was going to write a bit more, but I'll cool my jets for a bit. You said you were sitting up, but I dont' know if you truly understand the mathematical impossiblity of the circles (the arcs) being random.

so

and I was going to write a bunch about the other Hudson Bay idea and the fact that PennyQ can see it, so why shouldn't everyone.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Robin Marks]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Robin and Sheila
2 different people not knowing each other with the same idea.

Robin drawing circles and Sheila going out on a global visual perspective but with the same conclusion that Hudson's bay remenants of an ancient giant caldera.

Got my attention too guys, but need some time so my little stupid brain can process all that information. Sheila's stuff heavy to read btw.

I find the Ice eroding/pushin theory stupid and close to heresie.

Nid

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Austria

www.water-technology.net...

upload.wikimedia.org...

A google earth picture off that entire region would be nice to see. Not only the lake but all around it. Probably a lot of circles to draw there too.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Sorry Robin I have some work to do before I can get back to this. I will however when I have got this out of the way but I have to cool my heels for a day or two.

I hope you liked the IKKUMA article.

By the way there are lots of perfect patterns in nature, but not I will agree on such a grand scale perhaps.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Caldera forming eruptions... Here in Germany there is allways the Laacher See to consider. It is not realy closely monitored. Ok you might find a seismic station somewhere near, but my guess not as closely as would be warranted.
This vulcano is not extinguished also last errupted about 13000 years ago. CO2 does gas out of the Laacher See as you can read below. This is monitored, but beneath the Rhein CO2 does gas out as well, but is not monitored. On a world wide scale this would be not devasting, but due to the closenes of heavy populated areas...
Lets hope for the best.

To see the shape of that caldera put this in google maps:

Laacher See, 56653 Glees, Ahrweiler, Rheinland-Pfalz

It is not a perfect cycle. But proven to be of vucanic origin.

Some things to read up on it.

scienceblogs.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I agree completely. The universe is full of patterns. And everyone of them has a scientific explaination. Even if we haven't figured all the patterns yet. Even randomness has a scientific explaination and can be demonstrated mathematically.

I am not the only one to think that Hudson Bay is a crater. Many people have seen the perfect arc in the southeast of the bay. As a Canadian, I've stared at the giant hole in the Canadian Shield all my life. Long ago I decided it was probably formed by a asteroid impact. That's until I looked at it from my new perspective. Geologists thought it may be an impact crater as well. They performed a geological survey and found that it almost certainly was NOT from an impact due to the fact there was no rebounding found. Thier explaination for the arc is that it is purely chance. I coud except that one arc may be just a fluke. But my calculations show that there are three arcs and that when the arcs are extended into circles, they intersect perfectly and are linear. Examined with precise measurements and calculations, it will be shown that there is no randomness to the circles and arcs.

In Hudson Bay there is a magnetic anomoly. There is a perfect arc. There is a large body of water, a gaint hole in the middle of some of the hardest and oldest rock in the world, the Canadian Shield (which was formed by volcanoes. There is an anchient shoreline through Churchill Manitoba date back to 440 mya. Meaning it may not be recent formation due to the last ice age.

Want to be famous? Write a scientific paper on the mystery of the circles and scientists will be stratching their heads, and frothing at the mouth trying to figure it out. The geometery is the key. Then calculating the probablitlity.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Robin I just got to say you've got me going with these circles, I'm going to do some more with maps and things soon, but at the moment my household has all gotten head colds so I won't be doing anything that requires too much thinking for a few days

I read the article, that puterman linked to, written by Sheila Lynch-Benttinen and tho I think she's on the right track, she's way off in places.
She seems to think that the other side of the hudson caldera is over in russia from when the tectonic plates were closer together, but I can't see how this is possible.
She's completely left greenland out of the equation, assuming that it has risen as a new land since the separation of the plates, but according to everything I could find on plate movements (theoretical or scientific) including the growing earth theory, greenland is actually part of the north american plate and has always been there, so it would have been smack bang in the middle of her caldera. Apart from that a lot of what she says makes sense.

Well I hope look into this some more when my head clears.

cheers

Penny

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As always Robin,very well thought out and VERY interesting... Got me thinking ... more later on that. For now, flagged and

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have done some circles but I cannot post them here as the best one is 82MB and it is not fair on dial-up folks to put a gif that size in the thread so....

If you want to download there are 4 files to choose from: 2Mb, 6Mb, 27Mb and 82Mb. You can get them from yellowstone.4shared.com...

The two larger ones are full colour.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And just how long would these take to download here on the dreaded dial-up? would it freeze the computer? -- this is almost worse than trying the link and have it not work - - temptation - to try or not to try - Great thread the way
- to go back in time to earlier formations of our ever changing earth

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Well it should not be too bad for the 590LoRes which is only 2MB

I suppose it depends how fast (or slow) your dial-up is!!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
nice map of hotspots

in middle of page by very old vulcanisme on right side...
click on a place to magnifie it...:-)

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The following may be disjointed. I'm hoping to hold off a migraine, and before I take medication if there is a need, I want to write before I am unable. I couldn't write on the weekend because I was chasing around a seven year old by all by my lonesome. I barely had an hour to sit and catch my breath.

Firstly I must thank you Puterman for making your map. And thank you for making me a space to air my ideas, and save those that are still reading the Yellowstone thread from reading my longwinded ruminations. My favorite thing about your map is that you made the circles appear in the order in which the eruptions happened chronologically. The reason the circle in the southeast is virtually perfect is because it is the youngest. Trust me I sincerely appreciate your effort. And my criticism is only because I'm neurotic about these spheres. The most westerly circle is a tiny wee bit too big. The secret is that it runs through Churchill Manitoba. And it's Hudson Bay. You added and S. Don't feel bad. I refered to it as Hudsons Bay for decades. I think because we hear of The Hudon's Bay Company in history class. Yes, I liked the order in which the circles appear because it gives me sense of how it would look over time. Thank you again.

From the circles we get a direction of northwest movement. That's the diretion of the North American plate over the last 200 million years. That's why I didn't think Sheila Lynch-Benttinen's hypothesis is off the mark. She, like many others see the circles, or at least the perfect arc. She was looking for the missing pieces. There is no way parts of the event could be in Russia. The eastern edge of North America is about 200 million years away from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge when using the rate of movement of the plate. The spread is measurable and like with the rings in a tree, it can give you a time reference.

Seeing things. It would seem that lots of people have seen the perfect arc. Lots of geologists have studied it in an attempt to understand what caused the formation. Shelia Lynch-Benttinen saw the giant hole in Canada and wondered what caused it. PennyQ has done the excercise and now has circles running around in her brain. Puterman has sat up and taken notice. I saw the hole and I wanted to know how it was caused.

There have been other people who saw things on a map. Alfred Wegener saw things. He saw how the continents fit together like the pieces of a puzzle. He has been credited as the father of plate tetonics. His continental drift theory was born after he watch slabs of artic ice smashing into each other. I'll save you all the history, you can look him up and you'll notice that his ideas took a long time to take hold and he faced organized opposition. But he wasn't the only one to notice the puzzle-like appearance of the continents. "Magellan and other early explorers also noticed this on their maps." Wegener was wrong about the mechanism, but he was definately on the right track.

So what do I see? I won't ask Puterman to keep making maps. PennyQ seems eager so I will try and make her do some extra work. PennyQ, you have seen the three circles in alignment. But they are not the ony ones on the track. Manicougan Crater and the Gulf of St Lawerence have the center of their spheres in perfect alignment. You can make a perfect circle with the arc in the Gulf of St Lawernce. The center of that circle, and Manicougan make the line of circles, or craters, which are a chain of caldera.

I better stop writing. Migraine coming on. Won't edit. Hope it was coherant. Hope more people make more maps and maybe a math geek can work on that angle. Just hoping and thinking and soon my brain be aching.

Thanks all for your interest. And please infect other with the circles so that they may become obsessed and an answer found.

One last thing. Wegener came up with the idea of Pangea. As I've stated, North American has been moving northwest. The same direction as the circles in Hudson Bay. My hypothesis is that Pangea had been moving in a northwest direction over the hot spot that I believe is responsible for the caldera. During the extinction event some 200 mya, Pangea split apart. It was not long after my proposed Gulf of St Lawernce mega eruption. Not only was there a massive eruption at this time period, it was followed by the splitting of the super continent of Pangea.

Imagine a giant crack in the earth opening and then pushing the continent apart. Makes any event today seems like a hiccup.
I'm going. My head feels just like Pangea at the moment the pressure underneath reached a critical point.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Okay, - I tried before but - got stuck - stuck on just this - Love the Maps- Thanks All - - I have one issue though on all this - please help me to understand - If this part of the crust - moved northwest ---- but in Yellowstone we are moving West, Southwest --- = what - the New Madrid Fault line goes all the way up through the west side of the Great Lakes, up, up, and around - to give the ability for crust to move?? - is New Madrid fault being what - a rift zone?? Is there more to the Mississippi River - Is there a Missing Plate??? Man, all this deep thinking of late - gives me a migraine which I am also subject to.

EDIT: So, if we at it one step farther and pull up This map and take a look at the all the lakes on the westerly side of Hudson Bay -- questions arise - Are those lakes subect to to the same volcanic history? I posted once about the micro swarms of quakes just south of Albany, NY - which unfortunately were not set off by having to much fun near the instruments - appears to be in almost perfect alignment with the Hudson Bay theory - and the lakes to the west.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Anmarie96]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Anmarie96]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

yes eventuly america continent will split in 2 parts the madrid fault will open further from hudsonbay to the gulf of mexico...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I posted this on the Yellowstone thread, so if you already read it, just ignore it. But I decided to post here because it is important and relevant considering the events in Icleand. I am not predicting a major eruption under the ice sheet, but it very well may happen.

www.nytimes.com...

This statement in the article jumped out for me, "“Certainly the fact that the eruption is going on underneath the ice sheet is likely to have an effect on the explosivity of the volcano,” Dr. Macpherson said.

He likened the situation to putting a hot pan under the kitchen faucet — as the hot magma hits the cold water it rapidly creates steam. If the steam is contained by rock, the pressure can build up and a localized explosion can occur."

Newton said that the same forces that occur on earth, occur in the heavens as well.

The geologist in the article illustrated a eruption scenario using a cooking anology. It was a cooking mistake which led to the developement of my mega-eruption hypothesis. Except my simulation uses hot oil and water.

This type of steam explostion is called a Phreatic eruption.

en.wikipedia.org...

Note that Krakatoa is believed to have been caused when sea-water breached the magma chamber. On a small scale, the geysers of Yellowstone work in a similar fashion.

Fire and ice. Here's my simulation which I believe is more dynamic that the frying pan example in the article.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

you agree looking at yhe NY times pic that the crater is staring at us??? :-)

btw imagine wat effect water will have on the maasili vulcano (3K high and 500 mtr under water near Italy )..

the flanks of the mountain could collapse any moment they are very weak... and an full load of magma in his chamber....

we could say.. europe is under volcanic fire right now...
certainly now they predicted that there is an 75% chance that in iceland the katla volcano will erupt too... as I read it somewere in an pinatuba style... VEI 5 ore 6........

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't want to post too many sites with stuff about the volcano in Iceland on the Yellowstone thread so I'll post lots of links here. I was really hoping to have more people post their maps with the circles here. I tried. That's all I can do.

www.pbs.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.csmonitor.com...(photo)/4

www.csmonitor.com...

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

lens.blogs.nytimes.com...

www.universetoday.com...

news.ninemsn.com.au...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

news.discovery.com...

www.google.com...

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

news.discovery.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I'm obsessed with volcanoes. That's because I discovered something new and I am compelled to share that knowledge. It's all about fire and ice. And the volcano in Iceland is demonstrating this dynamic. Watch my simulation on You Tube and see it in action. It's explosive.

I believe we just went through a lunar cycle over the last two years which has driven a magma cycle causing the swarms under Yellowstone and the eruptions of Redoubt in Alaska last year and the current eruption in Iceland. There is a very good chance that a second volcano is a serious threat and is larger and more explosive.

Fire and ice, fire and ice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join